X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 in Canada Feb 10/05

I just receive this awesome email from SPACE:

"Thank you for your e-mail. The first episode for season eight of SG-1 will air on February 10, 2005 at 10 pm ET. Please feel free to check out http://www.spacecast.com/shows/firs...ection=episodes closer to that time for more information. "
    SPACE Communications

I have already set my VCR to tape this. I am so excited!!!!!!!

If I counted it right this should take us up to the time that Season 9 will probably premiere in the US. Hopefully by then SPACE will have picked it off first run. Then we will be able to see around the same time as the US. <snip>
    Last edited by Skydiver; 13 January 2005, 06:05 PM. Reason: mentioned downloading
    sigpic
    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

YES!!
    FINALLY!!
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
      I just receive this awesome email from SPACE:

"Thank you for your e-mail. The first episode for season eight of SG-1 will air on February 10, 2005 at 10 pm ET. Please feel free to check out http://www.spacecast.com/shows/firs...ection=episodes closer to that time for more information. "
      SPACE Communications

I have already set my VCR to tape this. I am so excited!!!!!!!

If I counted it right this should take us up to the time that Season 9 will probably premiere in the US. Hopefully by then SPACE will have picked it off first run. Then we will be able to see around the same time as the US. <snip>
      YAY!!! I can't wait!!! We should have a cake.

Thanks so much for the info! Now I'm going to be bouncing off the walls for the next couple of weeks
      Last edited by Skydiver; 13 January 2005, 06:06 PM.
      Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
      Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1

Not sure what you mean by that exactly.

"New" episodes start again Jan 21 on Sci-Fi in the US. With episodes #11 of both Atlantis and Sg-1.

If Canada won't even get episode #1 of Sg-1 season 8 until Feb 10th, then there is no way they would ever be even close to eachother.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 13 January 2005, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Wow that's on my B-day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassguy
            Not sure what you mean by that exactly.

"New" episodes start again Jan 21 on Sci-Fi in the US. With episodes #11 of both Atlantis and Sg-1.

If Canada won't even get episode #1 of Sg-1 season 8 until Feb 10th, then there is no way they would ever be even close to eachother.
            but when s8 finishes on space they usually take a break for filming/summer,when that break ends space should be done and then both start airing at the same time

p.s.canada usually airs s1-6 (and by then maby 7)daily, and then the newest eason every thursday-thatmeans that if both channels air s9 on the same week(unlikely-but i can dream cant i...) then canada will get to see the eps 1 day in advance
            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

folks, please no NOT mention alternative ways to see the episodes
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was speaking (err via the boards) with Mark A. (hes the producer of Space btw - and yes the folks at Space actually do respond directly to people... ) Apparently they (space) have the pickup rights to season 9 of SG1 but have NOT actually picked it up yet.

From what Mark said they have not yet made plans as to when/how they will be airing SG1 season 9.

He mentioned that they were too busy launching all the other new stuff for the next short bit to work on it (ie BSG,E2,SG1-s8 etc).

Adam

Comment

Eh... whatever. Season 8 ain't all that good anyway. Well maybe except the episodes with Maybourne and Vala...

It's all going down hill w/o doc I tell ya... Bring her back!!!

Comment

does anyone know wether or not the "stargate:secret revealed"(what aired last night(jan 17) on scifi) will be airing?

Comment

Woohoo! Canada is finally catching up in the stargate universe!!!! I believe that we'll be seeing season 9 at the same time as the US, it's what we're doing with Battlestar Galactica.

*set's recorder for Feb 10th*
                      Last edited by Taonas; 18 January 2005, 06:05 PM.
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Please Season 8 has been one of the worst SG-1's year on record, don't get too happy.
                        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                        Mayboune: *shrugs*
                        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Finally!! It took a while!

Now all we need it for The Movie Channel to allow them to air the Atlantis episodes that they aired finishing this Month!!

Cheers
                          A bug! Oh Reese, you and your toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
                            Please Season 8 has been one of the worst SG-1's year on record, don't get too happy.
                            That's entirely a matter of opinion. There are many who feel it's one of the best. Regardless, I think it's rude to try to ruin someone else's eager anticipation of the new season (new for them). It's like if someone mentions that he finally got reservations to a swanky popular restaurant and you come along and proclaim that the food is just awful.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

How could you guys live without S8! I guess the other channel is a paid channel up there? Because I've seen other Canadians post about episodes they've seen up to late S8 .. what is it TMN?

Comment

Working...
                              X