Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, one event we have been waiting for...SPOILERS "Awakening"

Spoiler:
    We know from the commercial they catch up to a seeder ship so....

In addition to a grip of gates, what would you want them to find on a seeder ship.

I have heard some say weapons, unlikely since the ships are designed to be unmanned, and automated.

Perhaps a replacement shuttle?
    Spoiler:
    Looks like there was some kind of shuttle bay.

Spoiler:
    I hate these spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
    The internet is all about information, don't protect me.

You would think with all the talk and "what if's" that there would be more chatter going on.

Originally posted by desertrat1979 View Post
    Spoiler:
    We know from the commercial they catch up to a seeder ship so....

In addition to a grip of gates, what would you want them to find on a seeder ship.

I have heard some say weapons, unlikely since the ships are designed to be unmanned, and automated.
    Anything can happen IMHO. We know that seeder ships are basically flying factories.

Depending on how configurable they are we could ask them to make anything - if the shuttle specs are in the database -> build new shuttles. We could use it to build power conduits to repair the damaged ones on Destiny. Make amo, new weapons (Ancient weapons), even basic hull plating to cover Destiny's many damaged areas; power generators (whatever the Ancients used during the time) - put them in strategic areas around the ship to reduce the load on the main power distribution grid. No more worries about losing shield power if you fire the weapons. If we can replace Destiny's main power storage systems it'd be awesome. The current ones can't hold more than 40% of original design capacity and risk leaving the ship without power in the voids between galaxies.

If they only make stargates and nothing else - it would still be good. Grab about a hundred of them and put them in storage for later use. If Destiny encounters another Faith-like planet with no stargate - no problem - send one down. If it's buried like in Aftermath or damaged - send a replacement. You could even make a chain of them (like the Carter - Mckay bridge) to link two gates that would be normally too far for a direct connection. You could also use the naquadah in the gates to make some nice nukes if the need arises.

Another option: depending on how damaged it is the Destiny crew could dismantle it for parts.

And another hypothesis, plausible IMHO: the seeder ships are also supply ships. Rush has been telling Destiny that the crew is running out of supplies so Destiny is now giving us a chance to grab the equivalent of Ancient canned food.

Perhaps a replacement shuttle?
    Spoiler:
    Looks like there was some kind of shuttle bay.
    I certainly hope so. However...
    Spoiler:
    From Mallozzi's blog:
    nat also wries: “Will they be taking anything from the other ship next week? like a couple of shuttles”

Answer: The type of ship they’ll encounter doesn’t have shuttles. Doesn’t need ‘em.
    Which makes sense - in the promo we saw Destiny itself docking with the seeder ship.
    Alternatively - Joe could be giving us inaccurate information on purpose

Spoiler:
    I hate these spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
    The internet is all about information, don't protect me.

You would think with all the talk and "what if's" that there would be more chatter going on.
    I like spoiler tags. I leave details like who dies or other crucial plot info for the actual episode. Thanks to the tags I won't read them by accident.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

My top priority would be the auto-repair systems. Since these ships were build to operate without crew, they would have to be fitted with one. If they can find and access that system, it might yield a way to begin making repairs to Destiny.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        My top priority would be the auto-repair systems. Since these ships were build to operate without crew, they would have to be fitted with one. If they can find and access that system, it might yield a way to begin making repairs to Destiny.
        I'd think that's what the repairbot seen in 'Sabotage' is for.

Comment

Well I'm sure it's a seeder ship. So it's an automated gate factory. There will be not spare shuttles, parts, weapons, food, etc. Why would their be? All the supplies are on board Destiny, it simply hasn't been written into the show yet, besides the repair droid. I mean look at the brig where they are keeping the LA, it's full of supplies that hasn't been accounted for.
          Apparently their after a power source able to dial home, lol. Rush ain't going to let that go down, he's the only one who knows Destinys mission.

If you hate spoilers tags, put spoilers in the thread title, oh wait you did =P
          sigpic

Comment

While i could see a shuttle or two, i cannot see other supplies (ammo, food)... Even if in some form of stasis, that food would be so uneddible it might as well be poison!

Comment

Maybe the Seeder ships and Destiny have a living being as the CPU's, doubtful sentient, maybe something they created, like a brain. Would explain how come Destiny stops at planets where we can get supplies when i doubt its advanced enough to have a biometric sensor like Atlantis..

D

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                I'd think that's what the repairbot seen in 'Sabotage' is for.
                The problem with the repairbot is that it is blank. There is no programming in it. We should try to access the auto-repair system so we can copy it's programming and study it, and then paste the proper sections into the repairbot.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The repair bot isn't necessarily blank, just waiting for instructions. I'd be willing to bet it can be told to auto-repair areas of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                    The repair bot isn't necessarily blank, just waiting for instructions. I'd be willing to bet it can be told to auto-repair areas of the ship.
                    Perry said she had to program the thing to do the repairs to the hyper-drive. That sounds like a blank to me. And if it's blank, then why haven't they been using the bots for massive repairs already ?
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Perry said she had to program the thing to do the repairs to the hyper-drive. That sounds like a blank to me. And if it's blank, then why haven't they been using the bots for massive repairs already ?
                      Lack of raw materials?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Lack of raw materials?
                        Could be, which makes ye wonder what is in all those Ancients crates...
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Could be, which makes ye wonder what is in all those Ancients crates...
                          Well just to add
                          Spoiler:
                          As the seeder ship also seems to serve as a stargate factory there could be plenty of raw materials onboard for the team to take

Comment

Indeed
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Needing to program it to do the job doesn't mean it doesn't know how. Perry would have spent forever writing that code if it didn't already have a detailed knowledge of the ship.

Presumably they don't go using it everywhere because they can't stop long enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X