Why did I like this program so much???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did I like this program so much???

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere - I did look but couldn't find anything to help me

I remember (reluctantly) watching the start of SG1 season 9, seeing 'Crichton' and thinking "WOW...Farscape, haven't seen that in years, used to love that program........."

.......So now I have brought the DVD's, and they are just sat there, I just can't summon up the enthusiasm to watch them.

Can anyone remind me what I enjoyed about Farscape to get me interested in watching it again?
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere - I did look but couldn't find anything to help me

I remember (reluctantly) watching the start of SG1 season 9, seeing 'Crichton' and thinking "WOW...Farscape, haven't seen that in years, used to love that program........."

.......So now I have brought the DVD's, and they are just sat there, I just can't summon up the enthusiasm to watch them.

Can anyone remind me what I enjoyed about Farscape to get me interested in watching it again?
    Farscape is an incredibly creative and well done sci-fi story. The characters and stories are unique and do not necessary follow what you have seen on so many other shows both sci-fi and non sci-fi. For me the love story between Crichton and Aeryn was one of the best love stories ever done on TV. Crichton's journey from being lost in space to chosing to stay in the PKW was a wonderful journey to watch unfold. I loved the idea that the ship was alive!
    The storytelling is superb. Acting is fantastic, characters are interesting, special effects are fun to watch.

Anything specfic you are looking for??
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Farscape is an incredibly creative and well done sci-fi story. The characters and stories are unique and do not necessary follow what you have seen on so many other shows both sci-fi and non sci-fi. For me the love story between Crichton and Aeryn was one of the best love stories ever done on TV. Crichton's journey from being lost in space to chosing to stay in the PKW was a wonderful journey to watch unfold. I loved the idea that the ship was alive!
      The storytelling is superb. Acting is fantastic, characters are interesting, special effects are fun to watch.

Anything specfic you are looking for??
      I don't know, I admit I brought the DVD's on a whim (should know better) I only ever saw it once when it first aired in the UK - and I'm not convinced I stayed for the end, but I now have this image of a tacky set, lame story, bad plastic spaceship battle type program in my head (From what you said I'm obviously not thinking of the same program ) and I was just after some inspiration on what other people found enjoyable about it to see if that gave me the incentive to watch. (Gods I hope I make sense!!!)

Thanks for the reply.
      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps just keep watching, if it's been a while since you've watched it. I always find the first season a bit of a haul to get through when I'm rewatching, but by the end of that year it's back to pretty solid and then just gets better and better till the end.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Because it frellin' rocks. Btw, you bought the DVDs, not brought (as in you took them some where).
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Even though you haven't seen it in a long time, I can't believe you don't remember how great it was. Just pop in Season 1, and in no time at all, I am sure everything will start coming back to you. The great storytelling, the humor, the action. Farscape had everything.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Like I told my sister (who felt sick at the sight of Rygel and Pilot): THEY'RE MUPPETS!

Comment

When I first saw it on TV (I don't remember the episode or the season), I thought: "weird", and didn't give the show a chance. Years later, a friend made me watch the 1st episode...and it was downhill from there (downhill in terms of how I felt when I looked at my credit card bill for the DVDs and books ).

Soooo...I suggest: sit through the first few episodes. No other way to know other than to do a re-watch.
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone - I've purposely given myself some free time, so I'm determined to sit and watch a least the first couple of episodes at some point today.

(Oh and @ SunKrux thank you. I should know better than to make a silly mistake like that )
                  sigpic

Comment

Because people who have watched Farscape are inevitably need to watch it again. Reasons:
                    Scorpy's philosophy.
                    Crais's madness.
                    Rygel vs Durka.
                    Rygel's three stomachs.
                    The Quest to capture Crichton.
                    Harvey. Nothing to say about him. I think you all get it.
                    Maldis's cool personality.
                    Liars, Guns and Money. "We gonna rob a bank?""YES!!"
                    Talyn is awesome.
                    I think that's it.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Because people who have watched Farscape are inevitably need to watch it again. Reasons:
                      Scorpy's philosophy.
                      Crais's madness.
                      Rygel vs Durka.
                      Rygel's three stomachs.
                      Talyn is awesome.
                      I think that's it.
                      3 characters I don't recognise Probably know them when I see them though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        Thank you everyone - I've purposely given myself some free time, so I'm determined to sit and watch a least the first couple of episodes at some point today.

(Oh and @ SunKrux thank you. I should know better than to make a silly mistake like that )
                        It's okay. We all do it from time to time. *hugs*
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Helium Farts. And very...suggestive...roleplay.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            Scorpy's philosophy.
                            Crais's madness.
                            Rygel vs Durka.
                            Rygel's three stomachs.
                            Talyn is awesome.
                            I think that's it.
                            and like i said before, most of the aliens are infact Muppets!

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Helium Farts. And very...suggestive...roleplay.
                              Those never got old.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X