Chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess

When are we going to see Rush vs Young played out over the chess board?
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

I really hope they do. If ever two people needed to talk things out....
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Rush: Checkmate!
      Young: Check this you Jock Barsteward! *flying headbutt across the table*
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Young needs his off hours for drinking, no time for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Young needs his off hours for drinking, no time for games.
          Chess a game?! Oh fye!

Comment

I think it's a metaphor. They have been playing chess against each since day one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
              I think it's a metaphor. They have been playing chess against each since day one.
              Nice, very nice!
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Mental chess aside, has Rush had the time to carve out all the pieces?

Since Rush has been back on his feet, I doubt he'd excuse himself if he slacked off for a moment in his quest to learn about or repair the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                  Mental chess aside, has Rush had the time to carve out all the pieces?
                  You know Rush is going to use this as another excuse why he's slow responding (when he's on the bridge) - "I was carving chess pieces at my bunk on the way to see you, I just finished a horsey!"
                  sigpic
                  Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
                    You know Rush is going to use this as another excuse why he's slow responding (when he's on the bridge) - "I was carving chess pieces at my bunk on the way to see you, I just finished a horsey!"

I agree with with dacooker, the game of chess is a metaphor for the games Rush & Young have been playing since day #1. I also think it'd end in a tie, with RUsh assured he would win (he always seems to do that ), althou it would be nice to see Rush kick Young's a**, even if only on a chess board

Comment

Agreed. Rush and young are playing chess mentally, and with how he outthought young in Pathogen, i think he is winning!

Comment

A Chess Game about to be won by Rush
                        Rush:Check.

Young:*shoves the chess board in Rush's face and gives him the headbutt of doom*

A chess game about to be won by Young

Young: Check

Scott:*on radio* We need you in the Interface room sir.

*Young leaves and Rush moves some of the pieces*
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Based on what we've seen of the characters thus far, I doubt an actual game of chess would be terribly dramatic. Neither of them has shown an ability to "play ahead;" they are very much reactionary so far. (Both have tried longer-term planning, but it never seems to work out all that well...) Perhaps spending some time with the game may remind them that being proactive instead of reactive is a much better strategy in life, and make them begin to think things through a but more carefully.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if we ever saw them, or anyone for that matter, just play a regular game of chess with those pieces Rush was carving. It'd be a bit of the everyday bussiness of life on destiny like we've seen throughout the episodes.

I think it's a bit of a thing for young. Nice and intellectual with his new pair of glasses ( I was suprised when he was suddenly wearing those ), a normal activity, a bit like.. erhm.. knitting socks? He did say to Rush he enjoys chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Abiron View Post
                              Based on what we've seen of the characters thus far, I doubt an actual game of chess would be terribly dramatic. Neither of them has shown an ability to "play ahead;" they are very much reactionary so far. (Both have tried longer-term planning, but it never seems to work out all that well...) Perhaps spending some time with the game may remind them that being proactive instead of reactive is a much better strategy in life, and make them begin to think things through a but more carefully.
                              With the room that rush made (see pathogen) i say he IS capable of thinking ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X