Weekend at Bobby's (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend at Bobby's (604)

JENSEN ACKLES' DIRECTORIAL DEBUT - After Bobby (Jim Beaver) discovers Crowley (Mark Sheppard) has no intentions of returning Bobby's soul, the hunter takes matters into his own hands. He calls on Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help after he unearths one of Crowley's deepest secrets. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean learn what Bobby does all day when they are not around. Jensen Ackles directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Awesome. Just awesome. Coated with awesome, a chewy centre of awesome, not to mention a little extra layer of awesome on top of all that. Jensen Ackles did a fantastic job, and whoever wrote this deserves their props too. Jim Beaver and Mark Sheppherd were fantasticawesome as always. Great episode. Even if the rest of this season sucks, I can always say to myself, "At least I got Weekend at Bobby's."
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

BALLS!

Brilliant start of Jenson's directing,

Wonder if Bobby will ever get to eat his neighbours dish?

Was that 'Banks' playing the demon in the basement?

Great to see Bobby finally calling out the boys on their constant demands on him...and it was hilarious to see the two squashed up in the Fiesta car at the end of the episode...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Really awesome episode! Don't have really time to write all the things I liked here but I can't really point out one thing I didn't like.

I mean, Scotland, FTW!

Great debut for Jensen!!
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

I loved that ep! Let's see if I can remember everything. I wasn't exactly 100% awake both times:

That little "Balls" montage of Bobby after Dean asked him to do research. It was hilarious. I realized we haven't actually seen Bobby do full-on research, just some book-thumbing in his library. And boy does he have real dedication to those boys. And as little as the boys were in the ep, I loved the little bit of comedy they provided while on the phone.

I loved watching Rufus. It was nice to see other sides/more of some recurring/guest characters' personalities. We got to see some of Bobby we've never seen, they gave us more of Rufus, since the only times we've seen him it's been high tension situations. I liked seeing Sheriff Mills back in there. I wouldn't mind if she popped up every now and again. Could be nice having a friend in law enforcement. And they definitely fleshed out Crowley more. We never got to see him pre-Apocalypse, so we didn't really get to see his "normal" personality. Although the "King of Hell" could turn out to be pretty bad.

And lastly, for now, I really wanted to smack the boys, especially Dean when he was telling Bobby he was selfish. But I think Bobby really need that rant. It's never really been brought up before, but anyone in his situation would have been fed up long before that. But I do like that they realized how stupid they were. And if we're going by accents, Crowley should have been from England, and it was a little subtle, but the fact that Dean was willing to make a 9 hours trans-Atlantic flight just to dig up some bones for Bobby's sake made up for their earlier stupidity. And seeing them in that car (and the little honk) was a very nice finish.

And Jensen did an amazing job. I hope it was edited to his liking. I know most, if not all, of us liked it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Awesome. Just awesome. Coated with awesome, a chewy centre of awesome, not to mention a little extra layer of awesome on top of all that. Jensen Ackles did a fantastic job, and whoever wrote this deserves their props too. Jim Beaver and Mark Sheppherd were fantasticawesome as always. Great episode.
            What he said!

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

This episode was so many times better than even I thought it would be. Bobby was great, Rufus was great, and Crowley was great too. I will definitely be re-watching this one soon.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That's my favourite eppie in this season. I love Bobby and his dialogs with Rufus are priceless, "Okey-dokey. A wood chipper trumps about...anything"; not to mention the "Let's set the record straight" speech he delivered to the boys.
                The fact that the boys were in the background worked quite nicely, and just reminds us that even our beloved heroes wouldn't survive without a support system. Okay, let's roll the credits on this chick's flick, as well.

And getting to see Crowley/ MacLeod (no relation, I guess!) is always a treat.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Loved this episode. Everything about was great. The dialouge was great. There were some really good one liners and the whole thing had me cracking up. Loved seeing Rufus in situations that weren't life or death. It was great seeing Bobby finally tell the boys exactly how much he does for them and other hunters. I liked that they showed us a bit about Bobby's daily routine. I am curious as to weather or not that FBI agent will show up again. He could definately become a thorn in not only Bobby's side but also Sam and Dean's as well.

Amazing directorial debut for Jensen. I thought he did an amazing job. And I hope they let him direct again. He definately has what it takes to be an amazing director. Hope to see more directing from him in the future.
                  sigpic

Comment

This was a really good ep loved that it was Bobby heavy and Sam and Dean were kinda a back story. Also liked that the other hunters are noticing monsters are acting weird. Loved the wood chipper part it really does trump everything. Liked that we now have a new way of killing Demons besides the gun and knife.
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

everything about this episode was great, best of the season so far

interesting to learn that the monsters are leaving their usual playing fields
                      starting to look more and more like someone/something is drawing them here

Comment

I guess I'll be the odd person out here - but I felt both the way Dean treated Bobby when he got the Lamia info/called about Sam and Bobby's rant a bit over the top. In the past, the boys - and Dean in particular - ALWAYS thanked Bobby for his help, and told him how much they appreciated him. So both parties calling each other selfish over one small instance sounded wrong to me. Okay, I can understand that Bobby was cracking under the weight of his upcoming deal, but what he told the boys was so spiteful, it went way beyond a temporary over-reaction. And I don't believe for an instant that Bobby would not ask the boys for their help if he needed it. I mean, they're not mind readers after all.

Otherwise I thought it was a really good ep. Crowley and Bobby playing off each other was a sight to behold. And I had to LOL when we found out why 'Fergus' sold his soul. So Crowley's the big cheese down below now, and finds the job not to his liking. Serves him right. I wonder what these 'new ways' are that he wants to establish, and if they have anything to do with the whole Samuel story.

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

What can I say except..........what a wonderful entertaining episode! It had fed up Bobby, cantankerous Bobby, 'romantic' Bobby, just all round awesome Bobby!

Bobby's 101 uses of a woodchipper, #2......

Comment

Just quickly. Liked seeing Rufus, Crowley, and the Sheriff return. Liked the neighbour storyline. Thought the humour was great (except for the "Balls!" line. I don't recall ever hearing Bobby say that before and here we were pummeled over the head with it ad nauseum). Liked the callback to Dean's fear of flying. Liked that they got out of the country for a change (though can you imagine the cover id's they would have needed to fly internationally?!).

But this wasn't the best episode of the season IMO. Like I said in the spoiler thread, I thought this was a very funny, very well directed, great look-into-Bobby's-life...filler episode. If the boys have to be out of an episode (so Jensen could direct), I can't think of any better way to do it....but let's get back to Sam and Dean now, please.

edit: why why WHY does GW randomly double words in my post?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                              Just quickly. Liked seeing Rufus, Crowley, and the Sheriff return. Liked the neighbour storyline. Thought the humour was great (except for the "Balls!" line. I don't recall ever hearing Bobby say that before and here we were pummeled over the head with it ad nauseum). Liked the callback to Dean's fear of flying. Liked that they got out of the country for a change (though can you imagine the cover id's they would have needed to fly internationally?!).

But this wasn't the best episode of the season IMO. Like I said in the spoiler thread, I thought this was a very funny, very well directed, great look-into-Bobby's-life...filler episode. If the boys have to be out of an episode (so Jensen could direct), I can't think of any better way to do it....but let's get back to Sam and Dean now, please.

edit: why why WHY does GW randomly double words in my post?
                              No doubt it's a filler episode. But it's a Belgian chocolate filler, not a bubble gum one

No idea why you get repeated words. Sometimes GW eats my post...
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                              X