Rush's sanity spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush's sanity spoilers

so tell us what you think about him seeing people...is he going nuts (beautiful mind stile)
    is it the ship trying to communicate with him, or is it simply just a argument between him and his subconscious

All I'll say is Rush's claim of Young being mentally unstable sounds hypocritical
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think Rush is perfectly sane, if not the sanest person on board Destiny. I can't really explain how or why.

Comment

Don't know how sane he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly died of a brain tumour though.
        "Wøøf!"

Comment

"The man is mentally unstable!" he screamed at his dead wife.

Fantastic stuff. Whatever's actually going on.

Comment

Jelgate,

The moment you mention was a lovely use of irony.
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Rush is definitely a disturbed person, but i don't think the people on the bridge were the result of his head. Maybe the chair messed with his head and caused him to see it or they were some type of hollograms. I think the ship knew what he was going to do b/c it had been in his head and is, slowly, trying to teach him the errors of his ways. Unfortunately others will and have paid the price for him learning that lesson.

Comment

Sanity? I wonder if that question applies to all great geniuses. They are definitely not normal.

Comment

I can recall a few stargate character who had talk with people who were not really there.

Sam , she was was talking to her niece Grace in episode "Grace"

In episode "Grace Under pressure" Dr McKay , when his puddle jumper crash deep into the ocean , he had talked with hallucination of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, at one point he was about to take his pants off and attempt to have sex with the hallucination.

Scott when was looking for material to repair the life support, his priest from Earth was talking to him.

When Jack was torture by Baa'l , he was really talking to Ascended Daniel so he is excluded from the the list.

If Rush 's sanity is questionable because he was talking to people who weren't really there , then lock him up along with Sam , Dr McKay, and Scott.

Or they all could have been talking with Ascended being or God.

Comment

I think the Rush's wife and Franklin are either projections from Destiny itself, or some medium of communication with the ship that has continued to exist from when Rush used the chair. If it was just Gloria who had appeared I'd be more inclined to believe that it was something that had been caused by his experience in the chair, but I'm not sure how Franklin's appearance would fit into that. Unless, or course the ship was attempting to use images of people it knew Rush would be inclined to listen to in order to communicate with him, which would explain why it would use both individuals, one on an emotional level, and one on a more scientific level.
                    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Rush isnt insane......everyone else is just not uninsane

Comment

Yes, everyone is insane unless they can provide a certificate that says you are sane like in the Simpsons. Homer is the only one who is sane.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                          I can recall a few stargate character who had talk with people who were not really there.
                          Yes, but in every other case there were very special circumstances providing logical explanantion of apparitions, which Rush lacks at the moment.

Sam, she was was talking to her niece Grace in episode "Grace"
                          Firstly, "Sam's niece Grace"? Huh? Where did you get that from? If it was her niece Sam wouldn't ask her: "Who are you?", would she? And why would she imagine her kid niece of all people? Finally there was never even a shred of evidence that Sam's niece is named Grace.

Anyway, my point is, that before Sam started having visions of Grace she sustained severe head trauma. Being injured like that can cause hallucinations.

If you want more sci-fi explanantion, Grace could be the manifestation of the nebula cloud Prometheus was hiding in.

In episode "Grace Under pressure" Dr McKay , when his puddle jumper crash deep into the ocean , he had talked with hallucination of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, at one point he was about to take his pants off and attempt to have sex with the hallucination.
                          Again, IIRC, McKay had hit his head pretty hard before he started hallucinating Sam.

Scott when was looking for material to repair the life support, his priest from Earth was talking to him.
                          Most logical explanation? Mirage. Scott had been walking in the desert for hours and had been severely dehydrated before he started hallucinating.

More sci-fi explanation: sand aliens communicated with him this way.

When Jack was torture by Baa'l , he was really talking to Ascended Daniel so he is excluded from the the list.
                          Actually, Jack was having hallucinations too. He was seeing Shallan in his cell and in the torture chamber. That too however can be easily explained by the mental stress he was under during torture and reality mixing with his and Kanan's memories.

If Rush 's sanity is questionable because he was talking to people who weren't really there , then lock him up along with Sam , Dr McKay, and Scott.
                          Rush's situation isn't comparable to others because he isn't physically injured, doesn't have a head wound, doesn't experience harsh weather conditions, imminent death or prolonged torture like Sam, McKay, Jack and Scott did.

Now, I'm not saying he's insane, although I agree with jelgate that his calling Young mentally unstable while having visions of dead people himself is just a tad hypocritical. I think at least some of Rush's visions have something to do with the ship. I'm pretty sure Franklin was 'real' for the lack of better word, but I'm on the fence re Gloria. IMO she could go both ways, although personally I'm leaning towards her being only in his mind, as a manifestation of his subconsciousness or conscience.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

We don't have enough information to say Rush is loosing his grip on reality, yet. Time will tell.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                              Y
                              Rush's situation isn't comparable to others because he isn't physically injured, doesn't have a head wound, doesn't experience harsh weather conditions, imminent death or prolonged torture like Sam, McKay, Jack and Scott did..
                              SO his being tortured at the LA's hands, being nearly suffocated to death (well his body), and being up all the time through the invasion and retaking of the ship has not been comparable to sam/jack or rodneys issues??

Comment

Working...
                              X