PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Final Season : movie ideas

Kenton-Atlantis
October 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone Im Kenton

So i just got my last season of Stargate Atlantis to complete my set. I was wondering what kinda of plots people think the movie will be about. All Ideas welcome Im a huge Fan im startin an all nighter Atlantis style lol. Gate Ship-1 !!!!!

Kenton McGann
Canada :mckay::mckay::beckett::ronan::teyla::ford:

Snowman37
October 6th, 2010, 06:03 PM
The Atlantis movie's on hold due to MGM's financial problems. If you want to see new Stargate, check out Universe. It plays out as more of a drama, but it looks interesting. I was turned off by the opening episodes, but the Season 2 trailer has got my attention. I'm going to go back and watch from the beginning. :)

Kenton-Atlantis
October 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
yeah i watched the first season of SGU and was exited for awhile. I was even more exited when they brought Rhona Mitra on the show. She was in the last Underworld movie called Rise of the Lycans. But i find the story not as interesting as SG-1 or Atlantis. Yes i heard about the problems with MGM very dissapointing. I also am so confused why they think SGU is aimed more at a younger audience. maybe the graphics are a little more extreme but the story is not better. I found the humour in Atlantis is awesome. LOL when McKay says to RONON " I used to be a member of the Scouting Troop, Lodge 14 of the Fort McMurray Eager Beavers " as a canadian I love it !!!!

RubixCube
October 7th, 2010, 06:04 AM
SGU is there, not just for people who're already Stargate fans, but also to draw in more viewers.

And as for the movies, my thought is that Extinction will somehow be about taking the city back to Pegasus to defeat more Wraith or possibly put an end to the rogue Asgard.
I mean, it's called Extinction. Someone's going to get wiped out :D

And as for the other film, well, SG-1 has proven many times that they can handle themselves in any given/random situation, so that really is a surprise :D

Kenton-Atlantis
October 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
thanks man yeah i agree sounds good !!!! I think the idea of the Rogue Asgard would be realy cool. Something new i always liked the Asgard on the Deadlus.

Kenton McGann

RubixCube
October 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, Hermoid is pretty cool :D

But I hope more for the Rogue Asgard plot than anything else, because really, they only popped in at the end, it's one of the many loose ends in SGA, but it's definitely one that is interesting enough to hold an audience for 1,5-2 hours and can actually be closed during that time.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM
yeah for sure i agree. the whole fact of the title makes me wonder what will go down. They could always use the fact that TODD was not killed my Sheppard at the end of season 5 they really left that open. I wonder if the script falls back to that story. i also thought it was cool that RONON was kinda romancin with kick boxing girl i forget her name now. I really like stargate man!!!

Kenton

RubixCube
October 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM
With Amelia?
Yeah, it's nice that Ronon found someone :D
I suppose they'll take Todd back with them *Is under the strict belief that Atlantis will return to Pegasus* Or Area 51 will take him in, like they did in Vegas.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 13th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah for sure good call i really liked Vegas i thought it was a cool Episode.

RubixCube
October 14th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Vegas was awesome yeah :p
It was an awesome idea too.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I see what people were saying about season 5 but i really liked it . It sucks that they always wanna do more but never have the time to fit it in ya know what i mean?

Kenton-Atlantis
October 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I got a picture im soo pumped to be moving up in the world !!!!!

RubixCube
October 15th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hehe, congrats on leaving probie status :p

But yeah, I liked season 5. It made me want more though.
I mean, they did so much and left so many plots open (though that was probably in hopes of getting the series renewed, or just for the sake of the movie)

Kenton-Atlantis
October 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah i agree it left me wanting more for sure. It sucked how they had to rush the end episodes.

RubixCube
October 18th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I know. I just hope that after MGM has sorted out the debt troubles they'll be allowed to keep bringing out StarGate films.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
yeah for sure. I here that they have no owners for MGM. Also heard the Jason Momoa is the new Conan the barbarian cool news eh. I believe the movies will be made for sure !!!

Falcon Horus
October 18th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I had the idea they had no clue whatsoever when it came to season 5, so forgive me for not having any sort of good faith in the movie....

Of course, having your favorite character killed off in the previous season doesn't do much good to the viewing pleasure. Neither does making the second favorite one part of the wall decoration, and frakking up the third in line. *shrug*

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Well im a lil confused there Falcon your Fav charecter was the Phyciatrist im guessing which was a very small part of the show. i would think really only there for the Whole Micheal Story. But still a good character dont get me wrong there. but i have listened to many ideas on the movie and in the season 5 DVD's they talk about the amount of Plots the left open. So the movie sorry i mean MOVIES could be made !!

Falcon Horus
October 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Well im a lil confused there Falcon your Fav charecter was the Phyciatrist im guessing which was a very small part of the show. i would think really only there for the Whole Micheal Story. But still a good character dont get me wrong there.

Well, to me she was a very important character, and as a psychologist a very important part of the expedition. I'm sure she had her hands full with everything that went on - plenty of traumatizing going on. She probably had a field day with it. :p

And she first appeard in season 1 - The Gift, twice in season 2 (Duet & Michael), once in season 3 (Echoes) and one last time in season 4 where she met her untimely demise in Doppelganger (if only Sheppard hadn't touched the bloody crystal).

She is my favorite character - and I squee'd like a silly fangirl when she appeared. In hindsight I would have squee'd less had I known what the trailer of season 4 didn't show.

I'm Heightmeyer's Lemming... :D

As far as the movie goes... I'm not a fan of the McKay-show. I'd like there to be more of a balance. Trust me, there was no balance in screen time or in lines (I have the undeniable proof of that btw). Nor was there a balance in story for the characters. So much has been left unsaid that yes SGA could have benefitted from another season (or a movie) but knowing the current set of PTB they are just going to continue the route they took in season 5 (which they embarked on in season 4) and forget the gazillion amounts of loose ends they got dangling around.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Again sorry I dont see her as an important character at all ! im glad your a fan of her and she was good actor but im glad they faded away from the meetings in that office. teylas dreams was a SNOOZE fest and the whole Micheal story. Well we know how that turned out. She basically was there to help lie to him as everyone else did on Atlantis. And im trying to understand what you mean by balance on the show. I agree that McKay and Sheppard were the main 2. obviousely the had to rush a lil bit with the last season. And i know they know about the loose ends still left hanging there are a lot for sure. And every fan knows the needed one more season just for closure. So much went down there i was even a lil lost. But David Hewlett is a good Actor and i know he is a lil to much at times. Well see how he does on Season 2 of SGU. Cant wait for it !!

Falcon Horus
October 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Again sorry I dont see her as an important character at all !

You're loss. ;)

Not going to convince you... you either see it, or you don't.

I get my Kate-fix in fanfic these days... although, come to think of it... it's been a while since I've read any SGA-fic... :p

I agree that McKay and Sheppard were the main 2.

That's because TPTB didn't have a clue what to do with Teyla and/or Ronon, nor with any of the other characters it seems. And Sheppard faded into McKay's shadow real fast. In the end it was all about McKay and the rest was just there to support him, or so it seemed.

Now, TPTB have admitted they loved writing for McKay and that he was the easiest to write for - lazy writing much. Thus the movie will be no different since McKay is still there.

...obviousely the had to rush a lil bit with the last season.

They didn't know they were being cancelled until after Vegas... so there was no rushing whatsoever until Enemy of the Gate.

And i know they know about the loose ends still left hanging there are a lot for sure. And every fan knows the needed one more season just for closure.

I'm not too unhappy they got the short end of the Stargate stick. More of season 5 was not the way I would have wanted season 6 to be... but of course, that's just me. Plenty of folks out there that found season 5 the best or quite good, or not that bad.

So much went down there i was even a lil lost.

Unfortunately I can't remember 3/4 of what happened in season 5 and I have seen every episode as many times as there are main characters, which basically means that season 5 didn't leave much of an impression.

But David Hewlett is a good Actor and i know he is a lil to much at times.

I saw him in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast and I can most certainly agree that he's a great actor. He can do creepy really well, as well as comedy.

But it's McKay I have a problem with these days...

Well see how he does on Season 2 of SGU.

Don't watch SGU and will not watch for McKay either... or Woolsey. I hope they don't make out to be the dumb-ass in favor of a SGU character.

Falcon Horus
October 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Again sorry I dont see her as an important character at all !

Your loss. ;)

Not going to convince you... you either see it, or you don't.

I get my Kate-fix in fanfic these days... although, come to think of it... it's been a while since I've read any SGA-fic... :p

I agree that McKay and Sheppard were the main 2.

That's because TPTB didn't have a clue what to do with Teyla and/or Ronon, nor with any of the other characters it seems. And Sheppard faded into McKay's shadow real fast. In the end it was all about McKay and the rest was just there to support him, or so it seemed.

Now, TPTB have admitted they loved writing for McKay and that he was the easiest to write for - lazy writing much. Thus the movie will be no different since McKay is still there.

...obviousely the had to rush a lil bit with the last season.

They didn't know they were being cancelled until after Vegas... so there was no rushing whatsoever until Enemy of the Gate.

And i know they know about the loose ends still left hanging there are a lot for sure. And every fan knows the needed one more season just for closure.

I'm not too unhappy they got the short end of the Stargate stick. More of season 5 was not the way I would have wanted season 6 to be... but of course, that's just me. Plenty of folks out there that found season 5 the best or quite good, or not that bad.

So much went down there i was even a lil lost.

Unfortunately I can't remember 3/4 of what happened in season 5 and I have seen every episode as many times as there are main characters, which basically means that season 5 didn't leave much of an impression.
(I counted screentime and words hence the multiple viewing and why I know there's no balance between the characters)

But David Hewlett is a good Actor and i know he is a lil to much at times.

I saw him in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast and I can most certainly agree that he's a great actor. He can do creepy really well, as well as comedy.

But it's McKay I have a problem with these days...

Well see how he does on Season 2 of SGU.

Don't watch SGU and will not watch for McKay either... or Woolsey. I hope they don't make him out to be the dumb-ass in favor of a SGU character. Now, that would be the ultimate insult to SGA.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Well i still get my Stargate fix SGU and i dont think that the movie would all be about McKay. lazy wrighting LOL wow cant agree with that. And you still have not seen all the episodes of season 5 ??? . I think you should then tell me what ya thought. I liked the final season very much. Was it the best no of course not. I know the say they had clue till vegas but i felt that they rushed the season. And thats why we didnt see a lot of Tela or Ronon but i thought i saw as much i needed. And obviousely you dont like the season where your fav character is not in it anymore. so i see your points your trying to make but i dont believe that Sheppard was in mckays shadow at alll!!

Falcon Horus
October 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Well i still get my Stargate fix SGU...

So, you're one of those Stargate junkies David Howe once talked about then... :p

...and i dont think that the movie would all be about McKay.

Unless he goes extinct, no I don't think it will be about him but he will get the biggest chunk of time and talk. Just as it has always been. ;)

...lazy wrighting LOL wow cant agree with that.

Oh, no need to agree... we can disagree. No worries. :)

And you still have not seen all the episodes of season 5 ???

I have seen them all... I just can't remember what happened in approx. 3/4 of the season. Like I said I watched every episode as many times as there are main characters in it (the ones from the opening credits + Kate H in earlier seasons) - thus between 2 to 6 times (and Remnants more cause I got distracted by Anna Galvin (the AI) when timing Woolsey).

I wasn't overly impressed with the season, though I really liked Search & Rescue and I really thought they were going to pull themselves out of that deep dank hole they had written themselves into in season 4, but unfortunately for me that was not their plan. With S&R season 5 started off promising, and I really mean that... I liked Ghost in The Machine - Sparky 2.0 at its best. :p

Err... Hang on while I open the episode guide to refresh my memory...

Okay, got it... Although you can locate my posts in the episode threads right here on GW. I did pretty extensive reviews of the episodes. Always (I think) gave my POV on the episodes. ;)

I think I just am going to link you to the posts cause the episode isn't helping. :S

501 - Go figure that the only thing I posted in the S&R-thread was about the issue of who was Teyla's father, was it Torren or Tagan. But I do remember I LOL'd seriously with Rodney's attempt at being a midwife.

502 - The Seed (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/56397-The-Seed-%28502%29-General-Discussion?p=8672815&viewfull=1#post8672815)
503 - Broken Ties (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/56399-Broken-Ties-%28503%29-General-Discussion?p=8694230&viewfull=1#post8694230)
504 - The Daedalus Variations (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/56401-The-Daedalus-Variations-%28504%29-General-Discussion?p=8708735&viewfull=1#post8708735)
505 - Ghost In The Machine (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/56403-Ghost-In-the-Machine-%28505%29-General-Discussion?p=8766859&viewfull=1#post8766859)
506 - The Shrine (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/56405-The-Shrine-%28506%29-General-Discussion?p=8811341&viewfull=1#post8811341) - turns out I liked The Shrine... weird, I thought I didn't. :p
507 - Whispers (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58705-Whispers-%28507%29-General-Discussion?p=8896317&viewfull=1#post8896317)
508 - The Queen (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58707-The-Queen-%28508%29-General-Discussion?p=9045734&viewfull=1#post9045734)
509 - Tracker (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58709-Tracker-%28509%29-General-Discussion?p=9102523&viewfull=1#post9102523)
510 - First Contact (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58711-First-Contact-%28510%29-General-Discussion?p=9141213&viewfull=1#post9141213)
511 - The Lost Tribe (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58713-The-Lost-Tribe-%28511%29-General-Discussion?p=9163505&viewfull=1#post9163505)
512 - Outsiders (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/60290-Outsiders-%28512%29-General-Discussion?p=9288712&viewfull=1#post9288712)
513 - Inquisition (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/58715-Inquisition-%28513%29-General-Discussion?p=9363377&viewfull=1#post9363377)
514 - The Prodigal (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/60867-The-Prodigal-%28514%29-General-Discussion?p=9563784&viewfull=1#post9563784)
515 - Remnants (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/60869-Remnants-%28515%29-General-Discussion?p=9598532&viewfull=1#post9598532)
516 - Brain Storm (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/60871-Brain-Storm-%28516%29-General-Discussion?p=9610134&viewfull=1#post9610134)
517 - Infection (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/61777-Infection-%28517%29-General-Discussion?p=9622298&viewfull=1#post9622298)
518 - Identity (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/61833-Identity-%28518%29-General-Discussion?p=9737053&viewfull=1#post9737053)
519 - Vegas (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/61835-Vegas-%28519%29-General-Discussion?p=9904868&viewfull=1#post9904868)
520 - Enemy At The Gate (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/61837-Enemy-At-the-Gate-%28520%29-General-Discussion?p=9909597&viewfull=1#post9909597) - and as it turns out I already had my doubts the movie was ever going to be made on the day I posted that review, March the 18th of 2009.

And thats why we didnt see a lot of Tela or Ronon but i thought i saw as much i needed.

Well, they could have tried harder cause I sure as hell didn't see enough of them.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Wow you no your stuff for sure. I enjoyed when you remembered about McKay being the midwife lol!!!

RubixCube
October 19th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I'm Heightmeyer's Lemming... :D

Heightmeyer was a good character yeah. I felt kinda bummed when she met her demise too.
Usually, a death is meant to help the plot, but I don't see how Kate dying did much good, besides.. Well, I really can't think of anything.

And yeah, Season 5 did seem to have McKay on screen a lot and not just because he talked so much:p
SG-1 always managed to balance the screen time out a lot better, but their team dynamic was easier, I guess.
The characters could easily stand alone, while with SGA, they all had so much backstory that giving them all their deserved screen time would result in more character depth episodes than TPTB would like, when they had Wraith/Replicator invasions to do.

But it is sad that Teyla and Ronon kinda fell to the background in S5. I like how no one asked if they wanted to go to Earth on what would probably be a one-way trip.
And why was Sheppard on a team anyway? That I never got.
He's the CO yet he's on a first contact team, which usually has a high rate of death, deathly wounds, nanobot attacks and bugs.

Now I feel like I'm complaining, but really, I love SGA :D
I love the character and I feel really bummed that the show got cancelled.
Yeah, S5 wasn't their best, but the episodes were great (Okay, I'm thinking about Vegas as I say that, but nevertheless)
Either way, I'm still hoping for the movies and I'm sure they'll be up to the usual standards, if not better.

KEK
October 19th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Heightmeyer was a good character yeah. I felt kinda bummed when she met her demise too.
Usually, a death is meant to help the plot, but I don't see how Kate dying did much good, besides.. Well, I really can't think of anything.

Jeopardy.

RubixCube
October 19th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Jeopardy.

There's always that, I guess :p

Kenton-Atlantis
October 19th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I remember on Season 5 Woolsey did ask teyla and Ronon in his office if they wanted to get dropped off. I believe he says you should have to fight our war. And i believe Ronon says " You mean what everyone else on this base has been doing the past 4 years" of course they wanted to go !!

Falcon Horus
October 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Jeopardy.

What he said...plus she drew the short straw. She was expandable... *grumble*

Kenton-Atlantis
October 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Your Right Stargate Junkie for sure. but Falcon SGU is awesome you should give it a shot.

RubixCube
October 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Huh, I should go watch SGA again if I've already forgotten that :lol:

Kenton-Atlantis
October 20th, 2010, 11:13 AM
yeah Rubix Buddy its right when there almost at Earth he asks them both. Check it out !!

Falcon Horus
October 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Your Right Stargate Junkie for sure.

At least it won't kill you. :p

...but Falcon SGU is awesome you should give it a shot.

No thanks, this one I'm skipping. I've already moved onto other stuff.

Oh, darn... NCIS & NCIS:LA were on tuesday... DOH! Completely forgot.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
NCIS lol wowwwww i thought maybe you would say Fringe or even Criminal Minds...

Falcon Horus
October 20th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Long-time NCIS viewer... just started a rewatch from season 1 onwards.

I don't think Fringe is showing over here, and Criminal Minds is on really late.

RubixCube
October 21st, 2010, 03:51 AM

I love Criminal Minds :D

Long-time NCIS viewer... just started a rewatch from season 1 onwards.

I don't think Fringe is showing over here, and Criminal Minds is on really late.

Lol, yeah, I just started rewatching NCIS too :D
Very awesome series.
I got so annoyed when it finally started showing over here. There were people that actually compared it to CSI.
I mean, I get the resemblance, but really, it's two quite different shows.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hey guys i found this picture for the bottom i really like how its black and white but im not sure whose it is and i dont want to be rude and take someone elses idea so i hope its ok to use !! are theres rules about this im gonan try and change a bit with some colors !

Falcon Horus
October 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Hey guys i found this picture for the bottom i really like how its black and white but im not sure whose it is and i dont want to be rude and take someone elses idea so i hope its ok to use !! are theres rules about this im gonan try and change a bit with some colors !

If someone on GW created it, they'll notify you about it, otherwise don't worry about it. :D

Kenton-Atlantis
October 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM
cool thanks falcon :)

RubixCube
October 29th, 2010, 04:50 AM
So FC, what're you hoping from the movies?

Kenton-Atlantis
October 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Well im hoping we see a How Ronon and teyla get used to living on earth ! and i hope that it has more to do with the wraith ! i think Todd is still alive ! the only thing that worries me is that they will make it so people who arent stargate fans can go and enjoy aswell so maybe they will go back and start so everyone can enjoy and understand it ! kinda like what they did with the recent Star Trek film ! What do you guys think !

RubixCube
November 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Nah, they've got SGU to bring in new people.
Anyone not familiar with the series won't likely pick up the DVD and it's kind of hard to make a film picking up a the end of a series so that everyone can enjoy it. Because really, the fans won't.

Kenton-Atlantis
November 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Nah, they've got SGU to bring in new people.
Anyone not familiar with the series won't likely pick up the DVD and it's kind of hard to make a film picking up a the end of a series so that everyone can enjoy it. Because really, the fans won't.

I agree completely what do you think will be the best idea for the movie bud ??

RubixCube
November 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Well obviously dealing with being on Earth and getting Atlantis back to Pegasus.
Though I'm sure there'll be an issue with the IOA wanting to keep it there.

Kenton-Atlantis
November 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Well obviously dealing with being on Earth and getting Atlantis back to Pegasus.
Though I'm sure there'll be an issue with the IOA wanting to keep it there.

good call Rubix !! the IOA always gotta get involved eh ! Im hoping the Wraith are still part the story even if only a small part !! i am thinking the movie would be better if it went Straight to DVD what do you think

RubixCube
November 8th, 2010, 04:56 AM
good call Rubix !! the IOA always gotta get involved eh ! Im hoping the Wraith are still part the story even if only a small part !! i am thinking the movie would be better if it went Straight to DVD what do you think

You said 'eh':jack_new15:
I swear that's one of the reasons I love Canadians :D

It wouldn't be Stargate if the IOA didn't get involved ;)
Well, they still have Todd, so the Wraith will be involved, one way or another.
Plus with the name, we know some race, or solar system seeing as we are dealing with McKay and Sheppard, will probably become extinct.
Or Humanity will once again be at risk of extinction.
According to me, MGM plan on making them DVD movies. Which is a shame, because I dearly want to see Stargate activate on the big screen :D

iloveteyla
November 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM
How about the fact that they still have Todd gives the Wraith their way to earth ? i mean they have locator beacons dont they ? so the wraith finally upgrade their subspace communications and pinpoint Todds location and come and get him and have a banquet as well

RubixCube
November 8th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Oh wait!
What if more Wraith picked up on the coordinates of Earth, like the Super!Hive did?
Sure it'd take them a while to get there.. Unless there are more Super!Hives :O

Falcon Horus
November 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
According to me, MGM plan on making them DVD movies. Which is a shame, because I dearly want to see Stargate activate on the big screen :D

The audience isn't big enought to warrant such a release. Look at what happened to the Serenity, the Firefly movie.

RubixCube
November 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
The audience isn't big enought to warrant such a release. Look at what happened to the Serenity, the Firefly movie.

I know, which was a shame. But I believe that Stargate has a bigger fanbase then Firefly, what with Universe going on.
So there is a good chance it would do better.
But yeah, I doubt they'll bring it to the big screen. I can dream though :)

Siara.Corvus
February 20th, 2011, 04:41 PM
My opinion, the movie will involve getting Atlantis off the plant. They might even make an announcement that, yes, there are aliens and yes, we are traveling the stars.
But then, they'd have to do the same thing on to the SG-1 movie.
And that would also ruin some of the fun too, I guess.

So hopefully they'll keep things hushed up.
And they'll go after the rogue Asgard, deal with Wraith that made it to Earth, kick some more Genii butt (because that girl, Sora?, started up her own faction that opposes Atlantis) slap the Coalition into a more sensible form of thinking and obviously save the city, planet, galaxy a few times while doing all that.

And then for the second SGA movie they'll explore a different dimension!