PDA

View Full Version : Remaining LA

Shai Hulud
October 6th, 2010, 04:06 AM
9 in total. Simeon, Varro, Ginn & Kos with 5 more 'randoms' or as yet unnamed characters. Have to wonder why they didnt just keep it at the named 4, why the 5 extra's?

Ser Scot A Ellison
October 6th, 2010, 04:09 AM
SH,

Superior hair dressing skills.

escyos
October 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
because they had useful skills.

Hermiod
October 6th, 2010, 04:50 AM
redshirts

Shadow_7
October 6th, 2010, 05:00 AM
redshirts

+1

Someone's gotta do it. Whipping boys, victims of alien creatures, and other things yet to come.

Now that our favorite sick call sergeant major is gone. Not that he had much say in that matter.

SGeff
October 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Are you sure koz is one of the nine? I didn't see him. And of course they have to keep as many as possible. They have lost at least 13 people which means they only have 68 members include Telford. With the bridge has been found, they will need extra people to operate it.

Shai Hulud
October 6th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Are you sure koz is one of the nine? I didn't see him.

Positive, he is crouched next to Ginn & Varro in the holding room you can see him quite clearly at 38.58 :)

Nadji
October 6th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I wonder what skills Simeon brings to the table, other than stirring up trouble - for story telling reasons.

jelgate
October 6th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Red shirt material when a violent death is needed

Ed
October 6th, 2010, 08:41 AM
the 5 random guys are those men that stayed loyal to varro when danik stranded him kos was varrros sixth guy, ginn is a tech so yeah.

Spimman
October 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
The unnamed people will die and or have some special skill when needed...then die.

Ed
October 6th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Cos must be the closest LA have to a medic as he was sent to help TJ so he has use

zainea13
October 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I believe simeon is a scientist. Not sure though.

Mike.
October 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I believe simeon is a scientist. Not sure though.

He looked like a generic bad guy to me, but with a slightly higher rank than most of the other muscle; I have no idea why they kept him. This screams of an arbitrary, doesn't-make-sense-at-all, forced plot decision. I.e. they're going to need someone to stir up some trouble in the next episode(s). Judging by comments made by the cast in interviews this seems exactly it. Too convenient and predictable for my taste.

If the scientist L.A girl (Ginn?) went on a rampage - that'd be awesome. :D

morbosfist
October 6th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Maybe they assumed he'd be good muscle, or had intel they needed.

KEK
October 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm guessing Simeon is there because of the intel Telford must think he has.

PG15
October 6th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Well, we can always look at Simeon's original call sheet:

SIMEON (GUEST LEAD) – 35-45. Simeon is a dangerous Lucian Alliance soldier. He was a seasoned criminal before being recruited by the Alliance. He’s strong and intimidating but more crafty and wiry than big and muscular. Scary in that you’re never sure what he will do. He also holds secrets that are desperately sought after by Earth and those on board Destiny — secrets he would die or worse, kill to protect. He’s an antagonist for several episodes before he finally comes into serious conflict with Robert Carlyle’s character Rush and they are forced to face off. RECURRING. This role will work 6-7 episodes (Please submit all ethnicities)

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/sgu-casting-recurring-villain-for-season-two/

Eternal Density
October 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I vote Ginn to call the chevrons!

mparsons1981
October 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I dont think they will be red shirts exactly.

Redhead will end up being some forbidden love for one of the crew - probably eli i think.

The others will have a range of outcomes. I think some will become long term members of the crew, yes im thinking of you varro.

The guy from heroes will be instrumental in telfords story i think, building on their interactions from episode 1 of this season.

Also its not like all the members of the sg crew are without flaw - far from it! So i expect to see a lot of storylines exploring this and saying that maybe these lucian guys arent so bad after all. I mean Young is hardly a 'good' character is he!

Trinary
October 6th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I must be disappointed if SGU writers didn't introduce some Go'auld's Techs as part of solution from remaining LA members on the next following episodes. Making a Flier, Staf weapon or Go'auld body armors would be nice during gates missions.

GateroomGuard
October 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I vote Ginn to call the chevrons!

Too soon, too soon. RIP Riley :(

Ginn will likely take the Apple Core scientist role, which would make Park easily replaceable as 'female scientist. Park you better stay on the ship and play it safe now, you're the second fan favorite.

garhkal
October 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM
9 in total. Simeon, Varro, Ginn & Kos with 5 more 'randoms' or as yet unnamed characters. Have to wonder why they didnt just keep it at the named 4, why the 5 extra's?

Cause we are running out of red shirts..?:cool:

the 5 random guys are those men that stayed loyal to varro when danik stranded him kos was varrros sixth guy, ginn is a tech so yeah.

Which to me gives them cudos in telfords eye.

Redhead will end up being some forbidden love for one of the crew - probably eli i think.

Replacement for chloe?\

fluxcapacitor
October 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I must be disappointed if SGU writers didn't introduce some Go'auld's Techs as part of solution from remaining LA members on the next following episodes. Making a Flier, Staf weapon or Go'auld body armors would be nice during gates missions.

I hadn't thought about that but very good point. At the very least several zat guns would be nice to have with limited ammo. At least until they (hopefully) find some hand-held weapons on destiny.

morbosfist
October 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
If they had zats, why not use them? Zats are no more likely to appear in this show than they did in the early seasons of Atlantis.

pipi
October 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
If they had zats, why not use them? Zats are no more likely to appear in this show than they did in the early seasons of Atlantis.

Probably one less plot to explain to the new people who did not watch any Stargate before this franchise. And we don't want to see people being stunned, that's too passive. People actually dieing seems to be the theme of this Sci-fi drama.

SciFiRick
October 7th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Are you sure koz is one of the nine? I didn't see him. And of course they have to keep as many as possible. They have lost at least 13 people which means they only have 68 members include Telford. With the bridge has been found, they will need extra people to operate it.

Shai is correct. Koz who is played by Primo Allon is remaining on Destiny. However, it is unknown how many episodes he is going work unlike Robert Knepper (Simeon) and Ginn (Julie McNiven) which there was a public casting call that stated how many episode arcs their character would work.

Gollumpus
October 9th, 2010, 09:29 PM
The reason for nine is that the LA had to be left with sufficient numbers to still be a threat.

regards,
G.

Shai Hulud
October 10th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Well, we can always look at Simeon's original call sheet:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/sgu-casting-recurring-villain-for-season-two/

WRT That^ methinks Simeon has some insider knowledge of the LA attack on Earth that is coming.

SG7
October 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
redshirts

+1

SG7
October 10th, 2010, 07:29 PM
replacement for chloe?\

lol!