SGU tacking towards "Lost"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU tacking towards "Lost"?

I'll start off by saying I never watched Lost, I only know of it by reputation...

We all knew that SGU wasn't going to be thematically like SG1 or SGA, and of course a lot of people complained that S1 tacked too much towards BSG.

The storylines they're setting up now, though, seem very JJ Abrams-esque...weird, supernatural mysteries, raising questions of faith and reality, where neither the characters or the viewers have any idea what's really going on. What really happened to TJ and who are the Planet Builders? How did Chloe's gunshot wound heal so fast (by the end of the ep we see it completely healed and scarred)? What really happened to Franklin in the chair?

Just seems like this is only opening them up to more criticism and comparison to other 'hot' sci-fi shows. Wonder if in S3, they'll fly through a gamma-ray storm and all develop superpowers like the Fantastic Four, and then have to battle shadowy government agencies and brain-stealing super-mutants to save the world

yes but unlike Lost we are going to get the answers to those questions. not that i minded not answering similar questions in lost, i loved lost.

Comment

Next time you do a comparison, you might want to watch the show you're comparing it to first. Just something to consider.

As a huge fan of both shows, I see very little in common.

Can I find anything at all similar if I make an effort? Yes

Can I do that with about 15 other TV shows? Yes

Sorry but I don't see it and I agree with escyos.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh good lord I hope not I might just stop watching if it ends up like LOST
        sigpic

Comment

I've got to say - if you've never watched the show, just how can you make a comparison?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think that taking a page out of J.J.'s playbook is a good idea. In the end, Atlantis and SG1 exhausted the "deus ex machina hunt" storyline. Add to that the fact that the "Finding our way home" story has been done so many times that its stale. Opening the franchise up to new and interesting types of stories makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X