One episode to hook someone on B5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One episode to hook someone on B5

Hi all, I have been lurking on here for years apparently I have one post from 2007 on this account which I don't recall making, but other than that I'm not active here.

I have a problem, I've watched B5 through twice before and I'm half way through S2 right now in my 3rd rewatch. My little bro (he's 17 im 25) is not a fan of B5 and I want to change that. He's into Stargate more than any other scifi so I figured this board is probably the best place to pose this question.

If you wanted to hook a 'Gater' on B5 with one episode (I might be able to convince him to watch 2 or 3 if you know an epic mini-arc...) what would it be? I think it's a pretty big challenge considering so much of B5 is about the one big arc, many episodes might not be any good without the knowledge from earlier in the show etc.

So yeah, thats my question and I look forward to hearing your thoughts

Weird as it sounds the thing that got me hooked on B5 was the finale. It was so emotional and heartfelt that I had to find out how those characters got there in the first place.

Other than that I'd just reccomend not going for anything from the first season. I personally like it but it can be a little hard going for the unitiated.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I've heard "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" as a viable choice, and I'm possibly inclined to agree.

Other possibilities include "Signs and Portents", "And the Sky Full of Stars"... maybe "Babylon Squared".

Not "The Coming of Shadows" or "Severed Dreams", though. They are worth seeing in their proper place.
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I'd probably go with Signs and Portents because it's a season 1 episode. Its intrigue and action should be enough to catch someone's attention, especially with the mysteries setup about Morden and the Shadows.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd say Signs and Portents too, for the simple reason that if he wants to see more, you won't have spoiled too much for him.
          sigpic

Comment

Apart from the obvious 'Signs and Portents', I'd say 'A Voice in the Wilderness'. The action, the politics, the drama, the WOW factor of the Great Machine... AND it's got a cliffhanger! That's SURE to make someone watch at least the second episode!
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Apart from the obvious 'Signs and Portents', I'd say 'A Voice in the Wilderness'. The action, the politics, the drama, the WOW factor of the Great Machine... AND it's got a cliffhanger! That's SURE to make someone watch at least the second episode!
              Very true. It doesn't spoil any particular mysteries, at least not in an obvious way to a first-time viewer. That two-parter was definitely one of my favorites from season 1.
              sigpic

Comment

I still laugh out loud whenever I hear the female tech say, "Mr. Garibaldi! It's BIG!"
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                X