3 Shots from a Zat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Shots from a Zat

Ive seen posts on this before, but couldn't find any when I searched. Early in the season it was stated that 3 shots disintegrated their target. Fans have summed this up by saying they simply "dropped" the idea. I have a different theory. Just as the SGC is becoming more advanced throughout the show, so are the Go'Auld. The ship they were on was of a very old design, so its possible they had older Zats. Newer ones may not disintegrate on a third shot, because they have evolved as a weapon. What do you guys think?

ummm id say based on the fact that Teal'c had never before been on a vessel such as that, the super fast hyperdrive and the stargate on board, that the ship was pretty advanced, top of the line at the time and so they probably would be using new weapons.

Comment

They wouldn't have needed to create different versions of the Zat. a non lethal Zat is essentially an Intar (as well as any other non lethal Goa'uld weapon) and an improved Staff is basically a TER.

I can understand wanting an explanation for the lack of third shot usage, but it's better they just never had to do it again and ignored it, than "oh hey, look, it's an improved Zat with an instruction manual that says third shot doesn't do anything".

sigpic

Comment

I kinda figured there were more to Zats then just 1 shot, 2 shots, 3 shots.
        1 shot, sends an electrical discarge which to a human sized lifeform is non lethal. The energy leaves the body of the target with in 5-10 minutes.
        2 shots, within 5-10 minutes of the 1st shot, overloads the lifefform with energy and is lethal. The energy leaves the body within 5-10 seconds.
        3 shots, within 5-10 seconds of the 2nd shot, completely overloads the bodie/object, coursing the it to disintegrate.
        If an non-living object (of the same rough mass as a human) is shoot 3 times in rapid succession, the built up energy will disintegrate.
        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

See that's the thing about the zats, I could almost get behind the idea of disintigrating a biological life-forms.........but the fact that it does it to inanimate objects as well just takes the cake. I'm glad they dropped it in the end.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            See that's the thing about the zats, I could almost get behind the idea of disintigrating a biological life-forms.........but the fact that it does it to inanimate objects as well just takes the cake. I'm glad they dropped it in the end.
            Yes, the scene in 1969 was my favourite too!

Comment

Working...
            X