Hammond vs. Goa'uld Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond vs. Goa'uld Ships

In SG-1, the Goa'uld pyramid ships (name?) were easilly destroyed by Ori ships. In "Unending," the Oddyssey got upgraded by the Asgard and can now easily blast away an Ori ship in a one-on-one fight. In Atlantis, the Daedalus and Apollo got the same upgrades. Both ships went from barely surviving Wraith hives to blasting them with ease. In Universe's first episode, "Air, Part 1," we see the Hammond take fire from three Goa'uld pyramid ships. Instead of blasting them away with ease, Hammond focuses on the death gliders. Er... what?

Thats just one of the things wrong with SGU. 304s can easily take care of Ori and Wraith ships but they can't get rid of a Ha'tak ship. It makes no sense what so ever.

Also in SG1 the Lucian Alliance was a joke pretty much. I mean SG1 took care of them no problem and now in SGU they are a big threat?

First of all the Lucian Alliance should not have even gotten close to the Icarus planet but I'll ignore that. So lets say they did get there without anyone seeing till they jumped out of Hyper Space. It was pretty clear right away they were not friendly. The Hammond should have gotten rid of them right away. I don't really remember how many Ha'tak vessels there were but the 304 could have easily gotten rid of them in a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaSnake View Post
      Thats just one of the things wrong with SGU. 304s can easily take care of Ori and Wraith ships but they can't get rid of a Ha'tak ship. It makes no sense what so ever.

Also in SG1 the Lucian Alliance was a joke pretty much. I mean SG1 took care of them no problem and now in SGU they are a big threat?

First of all the Lucian Alliance should not have even gotten close to the Icarus planet but I'll ignore that. So lets say they did get there without anyone seeing till they jumped out of Hyper Space. It was pretty clear right away they were not friendly. The Hammond should have gotten rid of them right away. I don't really remember how many Ha'tak vessels there were but the 304 could have easily gotten rid of them in a few seconds.
      Its makes plenty of sense when you remember the Hammond was rushed into service due to the events of EATG. It wasn't ready for combat
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

It had it's weapons though.

Comment

As I've said in the other thread perhaps the LA has been working on upgrades of their own. Earth having ships that can PWNNNN ever other ship in the Galaxy doesn't make for terribly compelling story telling. As for the LA finding Icarus perhaps Telford feeding them information had something to do with that?
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I have no problem with them finding the planet. It's just that the Tau'ri have censors that detect ships in hyperspace and you think they would have them on Icarus base.

Comment

LOL I read the title, and I thought you meant the General VS a Starship - Was gonna say "He was a good guy and all but...."

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaSnake View Post
                I have no problem with them finding the planet. It's just that the Tau'ri have censors that detect ships in hyperspace and you think they would have them on Icarus base.
                Do we? I thought that was just Atlantis, in fact I'm sure I remember them saying in Unending they had no way of tracking ships in hyperspace

Comment

No I'm pretty sure we do now. Hold on I'll look it up.

Comment

i thought the reasoning behind the targeting of the gliders was because they were trying to stop the attack on icarus rather than take out the ha'taks. Carter said the shields were holding so there was no immediate need to go after them.

for the record, the ha'tak's did NOT make it out alive

Comment

The LA may have found some Ori tech and incorporated it into their ships. They WERE theives and criminals, now they have leadership, a fleet, various projects (Kassa, 9th Chevron). They're a legitimate organisation, they come from a street gang selling dope to a mob-like organisation.

Not really that hard to believe.......unless your 8 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Its makes plenty of sense when you remember the Hammond was rushed into service due to the events of EATG. It wasn't ready for combat
                        Nope, don't really remember that at all. I was under the impression that it was under construction as of EATG. And if that was the case, rushing it wouldn't do any thing as the battle would be over, one way or another, by the time it was ready.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        The LA may have found some Ori tech and incorporated it into their ships. They WERE theives and criminals, now they have leadership, a fleet, various projects (Kassa, 9th Chevron). They're a legitimate organisation, they come from a street gang selling dope to a mob-like organisation.

Not really that hard to believe.......unless your 8 years old...
                        I dout that it was Ori tech they found, thats a bit of a strech, considering the only real heavy duty tech the Ori had were their ships and they're long gone. I think its more plausible that Telford wasn't the only one of Earths people they captured and brainwashed. There were probably a few scientists captured to and force/brainwashed into up gradeing the LA ships. Also knowing the LA, I doubt these upgrades were sheared with the rest of the "Allience".
                        Last edited by JedI Master of the Gate; 04 October 2010, 02:21 AM.
                        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
                          Nope, don't really remember that at all. I was under the impression that it was under construction as of EATG. And if that was the case, rushing it wouldn't do any thing as the battle would be over, one way or another, by the time it was ready.

I dout that it was Ori tech they found, thats a bit of a strech, considering the only real heavy duty tech the Ori had were their ships and they're long gone. I think its more plausible that Telford wasn't the only one of Earths people they captured and brainwashed. There were probably a few scientists captured to and force/brainwashed into up gradeing the LA ships. Also knowing the LA, I doubt these upgrades were sheared with the rest of the "Allience".
                          Or the goa'uld had a bunch of upgrades sitting around and never got the time to install them, the LA takes over and installs them on their ships. either way its not as far fetched as everyone points out

Comment

there are 2 explanations.

1: Telford didn't just tell them about the programme but also about the specs of a 304. in the initial strike, when shieldless, the APBW's were taken out. if you go watch Atlantis, you realize it's not unlikely as they failed quite often.

2: we learn in Human that the base was originally a lucian mining outpost. we saw in SG1 what naquahdriah does to goauld tech. imagine what it does to ha'tak

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post

They had no choice to rush it. The rest of their ships were heavily damanged
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X