Is Young going to stay drunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Young going to stay drunk?

I freakin loved Young's reaction to that hate inspiring bald LA guy when he heard that TJ had been shot. Pow, whack bam, take that baddie!

But it just occured to me how funny it could be if Young spends the next few episodes drunk on hooch. He could give Col Tigh a run for his money...
    "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

I doubt it. He obviously couldn't drown his sorrow with drinking. He'll find another outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      I doubt it. He obviously couldn't drown his sorrow with drinking. He'll find another outlet.
      I think the same. Maybe he'll stay the next episode drunk, but then no more
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Only if he's releaved of command. Despite his lack of strict adherence to the rules, he strikes me as a man who takes his job seriously. And we haven't really seen him out of uniform yet (except when off ship via stones, or shaving). Yes, he had a drink in uniform (with Telford). But we haven't seen him sloppy drunk (yet). He'd probably be a little more social if he was that type. Not I don't care, FIX IT!!!, but first one to solve it gets an extra pint.

Comment

It's too soon to say that Young will develop a drinking problem. We've seen him hit the bottle after learning his child is dead. That's hardly an unusual reaction. If we see him hitting the bottle repeatedly then we can say it's a problem.
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

yes, the fist to the throat was very satisfying, I have to admit.

as for staying drunk, after everything Young has gone through, there isn't enough booze even in Brody's mighty still of justice to make that hurt go away and, after a few drunken ramblings and stumbling down the halls of the Destiny, I'm sure Young will straighten himself out.

He wouldn't be the first guy to fall headfirst into a bottle after horrible circumstances though, so I don't judge too harshly. There but for the grace of BAG go us all.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

As the worst military leader since Custer (and possibly in human history), Young will probably find a way to put everyone in incredible danger for no reason. That will most likely be his way of dealing.

Comment

Id certainly be drunk on Destiny.

Comment

I dont think that young will stay drunk. Im not an Young fan but I think he knows that the people on Destiny rely on him and when he is not in a good shape he will put many people in danger (he is still the man who will make the military decisions).
                  sigpic

Comment

If he were on Earth, he'd get bereavement leave. On Destiny, he takes a drink or three because there's no option to step away and deal with it privately. I would too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                      As the worst military leader since Custer (and possibly in human history), Young will probably find a way to put everyone in incredible danger for no reason. That will most likely be his way of dealing.
                      I believe that title goes to Field Marshal Haig. Besides, there have been many worse than Young throughout the entirety of the SG franchise. And personally, I don't think he's doing a bad job.

Why is everyone calling him drunk? He had *A* drink...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope so. So his command decisions will be interesting at last.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          If he were on Earth, he'd get bereavement leave.
                          I don't think he would - would he even admit that TJ's pregnancy was because of him? I'm pretty sure she was under his direct command - seems like he would be in rather big trouble for getting his subordinant pregnant, no?
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

The relationship is a secret, though an open one as far as his colleagues were concerned, and that situation is not one regulations would permit. Jack/Sam is the shining example of that.

Comment

The relationship is a secret, though an open one as far as his colleagues were concerned, and that situation is not one regulations would permit. Jack/Sam is the shining example of that.
                              Except even more non-permitted than Jack/Sam, since Young is married to someone else. I'm pretty sure the military is all negative on adultery.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X