Live Free or Twi-hard (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Free or Twi-hard (605)

DEAN IS TURNED INTO A VAMPIRE — After a group of young girls go missing; Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize that a group of vampires have taken up residence in the small town. After a fight with two of the blood-suckers, Dean is bitten and turns into a vampire... Samuel (guest star Mitch Pileggi) tells Dean he can change him back but he’d have to get the blood of the vampire who turned him. Dean infiltrates the nest and runs into the Alpha... Jan Eliasburg directed the episode written by Brett Matthews.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Yay, the thread is open!

In a nutshell, I loved this episode. I know Crichiel will disagree with me, and it was kinda sad not to see Sam rallying to his brother's rescue, but the rest was pure awesomeness. Jensen got his wish of 'killing some vampires - properly', and the way they all-out laid on the 'pasty, wafy sh!t' was just brilliant. 'Bad poetry' indeed.

So, Samuel wasn't kidding when he said his forefathers already hunted ghosts on the Mayflower. Question is, if the boys' great-great-grandfather already figured out this cure, why is the secret kept so jealously by the Campbell family? It could have saved a lot of lives if they had shared it with the rest of the hunter community.

But whatever Samuel's agenda is, clearly it's not the same as Sam's. Or at least there's more to Sam than Samuel knows. Cause I don't buy for a minute that Sam didn't know about the cure, and didn't use Dean as bait. Can't wait for next week, when the reason behind it should be revealed.

Worst line from the ep: "There's some Campbell in him after all." What a sanctimonious pr!ck. Dean's a Winchester, and that's stood him in good stead until now. So don't try to assimilate him into your bunch of misfits, we like him just the way he is. And we'd like Sam to remember and go back to that as well.

Best line: "Newsflash, Mr. Wizard, vampires pee."
    Second best line: "And use a condom!" I wonder if that was a Jensen ad-lib again. Sounds like it.

Kudos to both Jensen and Jared. The first for believably portraying this wide range of emotions, and the second for continuing to deliver the Sam who's not Sam in all his charming creepiness.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Somethings definitely wrong with Sam. Just standing there watching the vamp turn Dean and doing nothing. At this point, it appears that Sam and the Campbell's are collecting Alpha's for some reason or somebody.

Comment

I loved the ep. All that 'Twilight' stuff at the beginning had me cracking up! They really didn't pull any punches.

But I literally started yelling at Sam when he just stood there. And that smile is the creepiest thing he's ever done. I'm starting to think there might be a little Luci left in him. If he was using the baby from a few weeks ago as bait, he hid it much better than using his own brother. And if Dean remembers all that stuff he flashed to when he was changing back, there is def going to be a beat-down next week. You could just see how uncomfortable Dean was with Sam when Sam helped him sit up after he changed back.

I do like though, how Jensen played the middle ground. Dean had become a vamp, but he was still Dean. I liked seeing the struggle of trying to keep the new hunger at bay, especially around the people he loves. Trying to say goodbye to Lisa, even at his worst, I could just see how much Dean the hunter was trying to hold on and not become Dean the vampire.

They had better explain Sam next week though, because I never thought I'd trust Samuel over Sam, but it happened last night.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
          I loved the ep. All that 'Twilight' stuff at the beginning had me cracking up! They really didn't pull any punches.
          That was hilarious. It was like watching the movies, which I've seen. I love the name of this episode.

They had better explain Sam next week though, because I never thought I'd trust Samuel over Sam, but it happened last night.
          Same here. I'm not sure that's even Sam.

This was a really good ep.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            I know Crichiel will disagree with me,
            Now, now, stars, assumptions. I never said it was a bad episode. I still haven't even decided myself whether I loved it or just liked it. I just said it had the potential to be the most awesome episode EVER, but sadly, THAT didn't turn out to be the case. And yes, because of Sam. I think they are risking a lot by making Sam THAT unlikeable. I have already read on a couple other sites (not forums, just fanfic sites and other Supernatural outlets) that there are people that are very ticked off about that. Personally, I may be a DeanGirl, but it doesn't prevent me from loving Sam....or didn't. I can't even imagine an excuse to forgive what he did here. We'll see what happens when the truth comes out.

What I LOVED about this episode was the complete awesomeness that was VampDean. O. M. G! Another incredible storyline for Jensen to tackle and did he ever nail it! Every single part of it.

But I can't put my feelings any better than what was said in the Entertainment Weekly recap this morning. So I am just posting a link to that for you all and assume that my review is a big "What she said."

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/superna...ode-5-twihard/

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              That was hilarious. It was like watching the movies, which I've seen. I love the name of this episode.

I think it is Sam. But, I think he is either missing a piece of himself, or something hitched a ride back with him from Hell.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I think it is Sam. But, I think he is either missing a piece of himself, or something hitched a ride back with him from Hell.
                I'm leaning towards that.

I'm not worried that they are going to write the "real" Sam like that and turn him into somebody you can't like. Something is different/wrong about him that Dean etc will have to figure out how to fix. Meanwhile darkside Sam is interesting to watch because I wonder where the writers are going with this. I like the mystery.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm leaning towards missing a piece of himself. I mean, Lucifer basically the root of all evil on the show took over his body. So who knows what psychological effect that had on Sam. Theres also the fact that he downed gallons of demon blood just before saying yes. Lets also not forget that Sam's trip to hell was likely a 1000x worse than Deans. Seeing as he was locked in the cage with both Michael and Lucifer. Not to mention that he was actually still alive when he took his plunge into the pit, whereas most peoples spirits only go to hell.

After coming back from that, i'd be surprised if he wasn't a changed person. I also have a feeling that who or what ever brought him and Samuel back, are forcing them to collect these Alpha's for some reason.

Comment

But even if he is "just" missing a piece - how will he EVER be able to come back and be normal!Sam again.
                    I mean, the stuff he did... he did not only let Boris turn Dean, he also did not tell him that there is a cure and risked Dean, Ben and Lisa, which means he was willingly giving Deans live away.
                    Not telling him, that he is back from hell is one thing - but this? At the moment I hope they come with a solution that is Sam ist not Sam. Not a little bit.

So, on the other hand, and while I dislike Sam as he is now - this is an awesome story line. We got a great episode for Dean (and that EW recap is great, it's difficult to write anything else) and it got everything a SPN episode needs plus more. That Vampire-Alpha induced dream was so surreal and unexpected, all that Twilight et al spoofing was hilarious and Deans transition into a Vamp was filmed great with the warping of lights and sound. Additional: the acting of Jared and Jensen were spot on.
                    Jared delivered a great job portraying of his, I don't know, Muppet- version of Sam who tries so hard to cover that he is just not him. The difference might seem to be subtle, but he knows that his brother would notice it more sooner than later, and I guess that is the real reason why he kept away from dean for a year.
                    And Jensen was just great as freshly made Vampire. The way he reacted to the changes, that tiny little fang (I want to have Jensens dentist btw - his real teeth are just perfect), and the re-transformation were great to watch, and I for sure haven't seen this episode for the last time.

So my conclusion is, that I loved this episode, even with this curious case about Sam in it. It was a great episode for itself and would have worked as a standalone and on the same turn it wants me to watch the next one so badly.
                    Last edited by iolanda; 24 October 2010, 02:41 AM. Reason: OMG I seey typos, they are everywhere!!
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                      Yay, the thread is open!

In a nutshell, I loved this episode. <snip>

So, Samuel wasn't kidding when he said his forefathers already hunted ghosts on the Mayflower. Question is, if the boys' great-great-grandfather already figured out this cure, why is the secret kept so jealously by the Campbell family? It could have saved a lot of lives if they had shared it with the rest of the hunter community.

Best line: "Newsflash, Mr. Wizard, vampires pee."
                      Second best line: "And use a condom!" I wonder if that was a Jensen ad-lib again. Sounds like it.

Kudos to both Jensen and Jared. The first for believably portraying this wide range of emotions, and the second for continuing to deliver the Sam who's not Sam in all his charming creepiness.
                      My favourites as well. And Jared is doing a terrific job with all those hints that Sam is not quite himself.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

We're all suspecting the same.

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      But even if he is "just" missing a piece - how will he EVER be able to come beackand be normal!Sam again.
                      I mean, the stuff he did... he did not only let Boris turn Dean, he also did not tell him that there is a cure and risked Dean, Ben and Lisa, which means he was willingly giving Deans live away.
                      Not telling him, that he is back from hell is one thing - but this? At the moment I hope they come with a solution that is Sam ist not Sam. Not a little bit.

So, on the other hand, and while I dislike Sam as he is now - this is an awesome story line. We got a great episode for Dean (and that EW recap is great it's difficult to write anything else) and it got everything a SPN episode needs plus more. That Vampire-Alpha induced dream was so surreal and unexpected, all that Twilight et al spoofing was hilarious and Deans transition into a Vamp was filmed great with the warping of lights and sound. Additional: the acting of Jared and Jensen were spot on.
                      Jared delivered a great job portraying this, I don't know, Muppet- version of Sam who tries so hard to cover that he is just not him. The difference might seem to be subtle, but he knows that his brother would notice it more sooner than later, and I guess that is the real reason why he kept away from dean for a year.
                      And Jensen was just great as freshly made Vampire. The way he reacted to the changes, that tiny little fang (I want to have Jensens dentist btw - his real teeth are just perfect), and the re-transformation were great to watch, and I for sure haven't seen this episode for the last time.

So my conclusion is, that I loved this episode, even with this curious case about Sam in it. It was a great episode for itself and would have worked as a standalone and on the same turn it wants me to watch the next one so badly.
                      Yep, we may not like this "new and not improved" manipulative Sam but he makes a very interesting character and a cool storyline. If Crowley is now in charge of Hell, where's Luce? I think this new Sam has an agenda and it doesn't shy away from using Dean or anyone else.
                      But my question is who or what intervened when Alpha was attacking Dean, making all the blood suckers collapse?

Bottom line: Dean was shaken and rattled, but not harmed.

Oh, and again, I so love the Twilight spoof. And Dean proposing Launtner as the password? Hilarious.
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        But my question is who or what intervened when Alpha was attacking Dean, making all the blood suckers collapse?
                        That was the Alpha. Cool that they got Rick Worthy to play him. Boris or whatever that vamp's name was was like a lieutenant in their vamp army. I don't think he intervened but was drawing power from them. That's why he wants a larger army rather than just turning a couple and eating the rest.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          Sam's trip to hell was likely a 1000x worse than Deans. Seeing as he was locked in the cage with both Michael and Lucifer. Not to mention that he was actually still alive when he took his plunge into the pit, whereas most peoples spirits only go to hell.
                          Nope. Still don't buy that. Unless they come up with some earth-shattering new level of torture that Sam endured, for me, Dean's hell would have been a lot worse.

Totally OT at LoneStar: Love the sig, congrats to you guys. As a Minnesotan, I have a special kind of hatred for the Yankees. On Friday night, the Rangers became my new favourite team!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                            Nope. Still don't buy that. Unless they come up with some earth-shattering new level of torture that Sam endured, for me, Dean's hell would have been a lot worse.

Totally OT at LoneStar: Love the sig, congrats to you guys. As a Minnesotan, I have a special kind of hatred for the Yankees. On Friday night, the Rangers became my new favourite team!
                            Until they explain it, I also think Dean's Hell would've been worse. Dean was there longer, and there's no reason I can think of right now where Sam would have been anybody's focus while he was there. Not with Michael and Lucifer fighting with each other.

And as for the OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            Being an Ohioan, I know how to suffer as a sports fan. The Rangers became my fav team as soon as the Twins and Reds were booted out. There are few things in sports I enjoy more than watching the Yankees lose
                            sigpic

Comment

awesome ep Sam is defiantly different I'm not even convinced its Sam at all at this point. That little grin he gave was just so evil. I mean he clearly couldn't have cared less about Dean. Even Samuel sees something wrong with Sam.
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X