X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPN Fans : where are you from ?

Where are you all from

Why do you want to know?
    Last edited by iolanda; 05 October 2010, 07:00 AM. Reason: That wasn't nice. Sorry.
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

I just wanted to know where all the SN fans are from Because I'm from North Dakota

Comment

You are? Sorta in Bobby's neighborhood? Lucky you.

Okay, I'm from southern Germany. Not too far from Oktoberfest...

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I'm from Ohio. So all the Ohio refs make me very happy Especially b/c the rest of the entertainment world just likes to pick on us.
          sigpic

Comment

Really? How come? Although, come to think of it - it's probably a sore subject, but I remember a John Denver song from way back when...

What was funny, though, was that the last ep featured Lansing, MI, and most of my American colleagues live in that area, or at least went to university there.

sigpic

Comment

I don't really know why people like to pick on us. We are kinda non-descript. We're part Midwest, part South, part Appalachia. We don't really completely fit anywhere, though we are usually considered Midwest. That and all our pro sports teams are ridiculously terrible. We have a few decent college teams and that's about it.

Lansing is the capitol of MI, but that's interesting that so many people you know are from there. Do they have anything in common? MI is basically a manufacturing state, i.e. Detroit. Most of this area is.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm from the nutmeg state, also known as Connecticut. A state that I'm proud to say that Dean and Sam have visited. Episode Playthings.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                  I don't really know why people like to pick on us. We are kinda non-descript. We're part Midwest, part South, part Appalachia. We don't really completely fit anywhere, though we are usually considered Midwest. That and all our pro sports teams are ridiculously terrible. We have a few decent college teams and that's about it.

Lansing is the capitol of MI, but that's interesting that so many people you know are from there. Do they have anything in common? MI is basically a manufacturing state, i.e. Detroit. Most of this area is.
                  Well, my company's HQ is in Michigan. I guess only people who are used to that climate stick around to work there.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  I'm from the nutmeg state, also known as Connecticut. A state that I'm proud to say that Dean and Sam have visited. Episode Playthings.
                  I did NOT know that it was called that! Even though I've been there.

sigpic

Comment

Minnesota...which has been in quite a few SPN episodes!...and also gets picked on a LOT. People tend to think of it as all farmland, like Little House on the Prairie.

Comment

My roommate is from Indiana, and she's been doing research over the summers. Last year she was in California and this year she was at Harvard. She's had to defend the Midwest both times. Someone actually asked her if we had cars.

And speaking of climate, we had 90 degree weather last week, and today it didn't even reach 60. And that's perfectly normal for here. It really kinda sucks. I can see why all the Ohioans retire to Arizona and Florida.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        Well, my company's HQ is in Michigan. I guess only people who are used to that climate stick around to work there.
                        Yup. It can get pretty cold here in winter. I'm from Michigan. (Episode A Very Supernatural Christmas )

Sig by me

Comment

Yeah, Midwest weather takes some getting used to. We also often get a 30 degree temperature change within days. Sadly, I find myself becoming MORE Minnesotan as I get older, I will take 10 degrees over 90 any day! (Sorry worldly friends, I am a typical American and have no idea how to translate those from Fahrenheit!).

Comment

I just saw "Monster at the end of this Book" and realized Chuck is from Ohio. I love Kripke repping the Buckeye Pride. Other celebs I know are from the state just kinda ignore that fact.

OK, so now that we're all starting to learn where each other are (is that grammatically any where close to correct?), is there something that makes your area special?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                              Yeah, Midwest weather takes some getting used to. We also often get a 30 degree temperature change within days. Sadly, I find myself becoming MORE Minnesotan as I get older, I will take 10 degrees over 90 any day! (Sorry worldly friends, I am a typical American and have no idea how to translate those from Fahrenheit!).
                              For temps above 30ËšF deduct 30 and halve the rest. That's a good ballpark figure. Also, 72ËšF is 22ËšC, and 82ËšF is 28ËšC. For temps below 30ËšF just halve the difference to 30 which gives you sub-zero figures. So 10ËšF would be -10ËšC. Which would be a tad cold for me. My favorite weather is low 60s.

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                              I just saw "Monster at the end of this Book" and realized Chuck is from Ohio. I love Kripke repping the Buckeye Pride. Other celebs I know are from the state just kinda ignore that fact.

OK, so now that we're all starting to learn where each other are (is that grammatically any where close to correct?), is there something that makes your area special?
                              You mean apart from the fact that people here wear Lederhosen and Dirndls? I just had visitors from the States, and they were totally blown away by the fact that the oldest church in town still has parts that date back to the 11th century. Oh, and we had a crazy king who built fairy tale castles in out-of-the-way places. Until he was drowned in the lake I live by - a mystery that was never solved.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X