Who's in charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's in charge?

If Telford was originally assigned to be the commander of the Destiny Expedition, does this mean he now has the authority to replace Young?
    sigpic

I highly doubt there will be leader who will accepted by all members + LA. I guest the man behid a curtain will be Rush
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Telford lost whatever authority he would have had when he was compromised as a spy. Young will keep his command as long as no one back home decides to relieve him.

Comment

I can see Telford taking control of away missions but as the Destiny has essentially replaced Icarus base, I see Young as still being in charge. I'm sure that having the option of having Young replaced will create lots of yummy tension though
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I highly doubt there will be leader who will accepted by all members + LA.
          That's tough luck for them: since they attempted to commandeer the ship, their feelings won't be among the highest of priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
            That's tough luck for them: since they attempted to commandeer the ship, their feelings won't be among the highest of priorities.
            Actually it's a key point. There's still enough of a LA contingent to try and take Destiny again. They respect young, therefore if anyone can keep them reigned in then it's him.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

There's a dozen of them to the 80 or so crew on the ship, a good third of which must be military. They'd be outnumbered from the get-go.

Comment

they should have Young, Telford, Rush, Camille, and Varro form a high council and go from there

Comment

I would like to see Telford as the leader and Young as a the main team leader who goes offworld....but thats me.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    they should have Young, Telford, Rush, Camille, and Varro form a high council and go from there
                    Democracy is remarkably inefficient.

A high council, whilst being democratic, would result in a significant lack of leadership on Destiny.

It's why, imo, democracy should only ever be present in terms of the administration of nation-states, not organisations. A clear chain of command with visible leadership is much more efficient.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

then they can vote who is in charge instead of fighting for it

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        then they can vote who is in charge instead of fighting for it
                        And again... back to democracy...

A democratically elected leader just means that the popular person is in charge. Not the best man for the job. Tough decisions often aren't popular.

It's why there's a difference between a good political decision and a good governmental decision.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Young is in charge until we hear otherwise from someone in command back at the SGC or from the IOA.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Telford and Young will probably bump heads often....either that or there will be a transporter accident and they will merge into one being.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Actually it's a key point. There's still enough of a LA contingent to try and take Destiny again. They respect young, therefore if anyone can keep them reigned in then it's him.
                              But do they respect rush more for being the one who finally got the better of them all?
                              Would any respect young less for NOT having the balls to do what was necessary unlike rush?

Comment

Working...
                              X