This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the Kawolski Effect? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Just a thought I've had. Seeing as atlantis seems to be taking on a dark feel to it, and as the wraith are supposedly a great and powerful enemy. should we not expect to see the return of the Kawolski effect? now this seems to look even more plausible if you look at the development, or lack thereof, of one Aiden Ford. Perhaps he is included in the show as a main character merely for the shock effect of dieing, possibly in the finale, or alternatively, will recieve more development in season 2 after another main cast member is killed off and more time is freed up.

thoughts?

EDIT: I just read the season 2 spoilers, so, probably wrong lol
    Last edited by PeeJ; 12 January 2005, 05:16 PM.

Although i like shows that have huge plot twist that involve killing off characters, like say Angel and Farscape, I hope not.

I like Ford. It is true that the writers didnt give him much to work with. He is just some guy. Doesnt have amazing use of the ancient gene, or is an alien that can sense the wraith, or a super genus, or the even the leader. But i find his normal "shmoness" fun. He is just a well trained guy doing the best he can in the situations. On top of that, he is subtley hilarious. If you watch him, he makes sarcastic jokes and responds very funnily to the others.

I remember reading the first promos on his character, they called him the "Weapons expert". Yay. Maybe they should bend his character towards the expert fighter. He got some sweet moves in twice in brotherhood.
    If the writers don't think hes doing enough, WRITE HIM IN MORE!

At least don't kill him.

As i said, i like plot twists, so if they are going to kill off people for shock value, i choose Teyla. I just find her... boring.
    BUT. This is season 1, we know little to nothing about these characters. Its called character development! I say to the writers, unless killing one of them off was the plan all along, give it some time! Wait a while and grow the characters before you chose who is a bust!

I feel i've ranted yet again...

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
    DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with building up a huge amount of characters either. Look at shows like The 4400 and Lost, which both have massive casts. I don't know much about the Atlantis characters at all (considering it hasn't started here yet and I don't see the point of spoiling a show, before I've even had a chance to watch it), but it's probably way to early to kill one of them off.

Comment

Babylon 5 had a huge main cast. . . and everyone was used wonderfully (good backstories, individual story arcs, etc.), though they did "bump off" and/or "alter" a few along the way, which just gave it a better sense of realism (as they were at war).

It can be done!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I would just hate to lose Ford. He's really great, and I happen to like him a *heck* of a lot more than some of the other characters (who've yet to be developed cough*WeirTeylo*cough. He's kinda cute and nice and... someone you don't mind having in your living room every week.

Now, make him a little dark..give him some depth, okay, but don't get rid of him or fundamentally change him.. that would be a really downer for the next season.

personally, I think tptbs are trying to get some buzz on the 'net about Atlantis because of all the hoopla about BB and S9 of SG1.
          The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
            As i said, i like plot twists, so if they are going to kill off people for shock value, i choose Teyla. I just find her... boring.
            I could deal with that. While I don't dislike her, I find her easy to do without. Too much about her character floods me with "obligitory woman mainstream society deems hot at the time" slot filler, or something like that.

Comment

Something major will happen to Ford

Thats all I will say for the moment
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

The Kawalski Effect is quite strong in Stargate Atlantis and that is what makes it very appealing; It's a reality. People die.

Comment

Working...
                X