PDA

View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis and SG1~ MIA notices~ Absentees

RogueRanger
September 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
To all members, as we grow we need more and more feedback to make our game a success. One of the most important issues that arises from time to time is when you are unable to post for whatever reasons, usually personal. Holidays, time off, Real life etc.

The purpose of this thread is MIA notices, ie, you let us know when you are unable to be here so we can plan around your absence and keep your place warm for you.:cool: There is to no idle chit chat here, simply your notifications of leave.

Thank you

Melanie:sam: GM

RogueRanger
September 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Today is a short day for me and most likely any of my family as well, we are going away for a couple of days and will return Monday. If needs be, so as to not hold anything up, my characters can be NPC'd for that time, please don't break them:D

puddlejumperOZ
September 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Adding to Mel's post. We're doing what she said ^^^:lol:

Be back Monday. I know I should post elsewhere but work is getting in the way and I've very little time before shut down at 1200 today, sorry guys. :mckay:
:P

Isolde
September 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Flying back to the UK on Sat, which means I will be AWOL for a couple of days. Mon is prolly the best day for my return, but I can't promise anything because of the very strong likelihood of brain meltdown aka jet-lag. :rolleyes: :P

Trillian52
September 24th, 2010, 02:46 AM
I'll be travelling for work for 10 days starting tomorrow (25/9 - 4/10) I'll try to post when I can but I'm going to be busy so please NPC Todd as needed - be nice to him though...

puddlejumperOZ
September 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM
From Midday today October 1st, our family will be away for the annual October long weekend, we should be, Allah willing, be back on Tuesday. If any of our characters need NPCing, please do so, but be wary, they bite if you treat them unkindly;)

*copied to main page as well*

Vagabond Serpent
October 4th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Just wanted to remind that I've that nasty conference going on at my uni, and as a host employee my job isn't only to deliver reports, but steer foreigners around etc, so if my charrie is needed and I'm not around in my usual hours - NPC her. ;)

RogueRanger
October 4th, 2010, 05:19 PM
We'll do our best V, just don't be too long with those people please:o

Vagabond Serpent
October 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
You know, I can't think of anything except of my report lately. :P And in 2 hours I've to be in the uni... :mckay:

Trillian52
October 5th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I'm back home now - thanks Iz for NPCing! :)

RogueRanger
October 5th, 2010, 12:57 PM
*yay* Aunty Trill is baaaaaaaaaaack:D

Princess Awinita
October 18th, 2010, 09:32 PM
!!!!!THIS IS AN ADVANCED NOTICE; PLEASE DO NOT PANIC YET!!!!!

Starting at approx 12 noon Beijing Time (GMT+8) on 1 November 2010 until 27-8 November 2010 I will be very sparse on gateworld to not here very much at all. The reason for this is listed below. I thought to inform everyone ahead of time before suddenly disappearing on everyone.

I apologise in advance for any slowdowns this may cause, but lets face it, its a bad habit, writing for NANOWRIMO (http://www.nanowrimo.org) every year for me since 2006. But lets face it, all of us love writing!

!!!!!THIS IS AN ADVANCED NOTICE; PLEASE DO NOT PANIC YET!!!!!

~The Princess

RogueRanger
October 18th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Cool Sis, so no panic ....yet:o Good luck anyway, what are you writing?:)

RogueRanger
October 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I'm losing my net connection, somethings wrong with it. I'll try and come back later today if I can:o

Valorin
October 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I'm in the middle of moving house, so I've got limited time to make posts at the moment. Feel free to NPC my guy if you need him to do stuff :)

I should be good in 3 weeks :)

RogueRanger
October 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Ok V, we'll take care of him and be sure to not get him shot or anything:)

RubixCube
November 13th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hey,

I won't be on for the next 3-4 days, so feel free to move Major Lorne and Lt. Benedict as sees fit.
Just keep my boys in one piece please :p

And I'll see you all when I get back.

- RubixCube

RogueRanger
November 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Oki Ruby, take care and they will be safe:)
*hugz*

RogueRanger
November 14th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I may or may not be here tomorrow as well as my mum and dad I have to go for my annual medical :eek: If I can I might be here in the afternoon.:)

RubixCube
November 17th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Looks like I won't be on for another couple of days and posting from my phone isn't much of an option. Internet outside my country can be very expensive :p

So, yeah, look after my guys a bit longer, will you?

Thanks and see ya later!

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 11:56 AM
That's ok Ruby, we're not going real fast lately anyways:o

Oranos
November 17th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I think I'm dropping out until I'm done with the last of my essays -- who knew finding good research materials on Greek fire could be so hard? -- and possibly my finals. So probably later this month or early-ish December.

There's just no way I can keep up with everything I have/want to do right now.

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Ticks off Ori's to do list
1/ on phone with GF for six hours a day
2/ picks nose
3/ watches girls on campus though x-ray binoculars
4/ pretends to be busy
5/ research on Greek fire, buys a box of matches

Yeppers pretty full schedule I'd say:sam43:

Oranos
November 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Ticks off Ori's to do list

This is too good to not respond to.

1/ on phone with GF for six hours a day

Currently do not have a GF. I know, shocking, isn't it? ;)

2/ picks nose

Cracks knuckles, actually. ;)

3/ watches girls on campus though x-ray binoculars

Guilty. :p

4/ pretends to be busy

I wish I had time to pretend. :(

5/ research on Greek fire, buys a box of matches

Actually, tried to recreate the lost formula yesterday. Almost burned my apartment complex down. :p

Yeppers pretty full schedule I'd say:sam43:

Very much so. Thanks for understanding. :p

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Now see I just proved something, in the time it took you to write all that stuff, you could'a posted Teal'c, he is afterall a man of few words;)

Oranos
November 17th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Couple small problems with your theory.

1. It took me about a minute to write that post.
2. You're talking to an author -- and I like to compate myself to Patrick Rothfuss. It's not uncommon for either of us to rewrite a sentence twenty or thirty times, till it's just the way we want it. I don't just "post."

My decision is final, and nothing you say is going to change it. :p

Draygon
November 21st, 2010, 05:08 AM
Guilty of unibuisniess and internet hating GW. So semi-absent but willbe trying to posthonest!

Just don't goexpectign any shakespeare.

pookey
December 8th, 2010, 10:33 PM
gonna be gone for 4 to 5 days, sorry guys, could someone NPC Mckay and Radek please, thankyou.

RogueRanger
December 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Oki Aunty Pookey, we'll take good care of them for you:)

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
December 29th, 2010, 08:48 AM
sorry about my non replies as of late but the holiday season here in the states has gotten in the way of the rest of my life and will continue to do so for a while longer. so whomever wants to npc Raiden its fine

Ryn
December 29th, 2010, 09:13 AM
That's ok, heard that Mel and PJ are on break until January 3rd or something :S

*hugs all lurkers* :P

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
December 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM
ah so thats why i havent been able to get a hold of the old man

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Yep. I'm here but I know Dad won't be on GW for a day or so, I'll try and persuade him to post later today if I can though. We're back now so I hope everyone had a wonderful time and got their heads together for some great RPing on NS :D:D

Princess Awinita
January 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
This is an advance warning....

Starting 10 Jan 2011, At approx 12 noon Beijing Time, I will be very sparce to barely on at all. The reason for this is my wedding day on the 11th, Followed by my honeymoon with my fiance. If I am able to get online, I'll be for an hour or so at the best.

Love all!!

~
Princess Awinita

clauz89
January 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM
sorry for being offline this long without warning, just come back from holidays in a camping with no wi-fi.... :(

I'll catch up with the storyline then post something this evening (GMT +1)

(or maybe tomorrow....)

RogueRanger
January 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
So happy to see you back anyway Clau and I hope you had a wonderful holiday:D

*hugz*

Ryn
January 25th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Taking an LOA for the next days or so... Main reason is, I got a medical check-up (related to the aneurysm I spent 2 weeks in hospital for) on Thursday the 27th. It's been mowing around in my head for a while now. And other stuff has, too. :S The doc will decide if I get more sick leave, which I probably won't, since I mainly feel fine physically :S.

Next post will be on Friday 28th, though if you really need any charrie like -URGENTLY RIGHT NOW- post on my wall or send me a PM. Thanks!

Vagabond Serpent
January 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM
sry for my absence, they dropped much work onto me right as the week begun, I'll post at once as I'll be able to show up here, not flash like a <censored> fairy. :S And to make things more interesting, parents got sick. :S :S

RogueRanger
January 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Duly noted guys and take care we'll keep your places warm for you:D

*hugz to both*

Alteran of Atlantis
January 28th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I haven't been on much, due to much planning and getting my cosplay together, sorry. :S

But from Friday, January 28 at 4:30 PM to Sunday, January 30 I will not be available because I am going to an anime convention (Ohayocon) for the weekend. :D Anyone can NPC Janus while I am away.

RogueRanger
January 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It's cool AA cos it's the 31st already anyway:lol:

Draygon
February 1st, 2011, 03:39 AM
Uni internet hates me, as does my timetable.I apologise forthis.

Alteran of Atlantis
February 1st, 2011, 05:55 AM
It's cool AA cos it's the 31st already anyway:lol:

Actually, when you posted that message it was still the 30th here in the States and I was still at the Con. :p And I should have probably included the 31st in my absent notice, I was too tired to do anything but sleep yesterday. :o

RogueRanger
February 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
at least AA you can sleep cool, no sleep here....night times are 30+ C :eek:

Vagabond Serpent
February 1st, 2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like our summer. :D Only without oceans nearby... :mckay:

Ryn
February 2nd, 2011, 01:23 AM
Didn't think I'd ever have to say with this Mac I'm using, but my computer has trouble (it keeps crashing and I can't keep it running for long) so I'll have to take it to the shop for repairs. I'm going to be away from the forum for a few days, probably until after the weekend. See you guys later and have fun ok! :D

EDIT: It may just be Firefox that is causing some trouble - I don't know, it seems to work now :S so I'll try Safari for the forum for a while now, can't block ads with it but well. We'll see what happens and I'll let my brother take a look this weekend.... :S

RogueRanger
February 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Good luck Sis, I sure hope your hard drive isn't Kentucky Fried like mine was:eek:

*hugz* :)

Cyclones, floods, what next. I don't think Huey likes us anymore:S

squirrely1
February 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Don't forget Blizzards :eek: :P

With Ryn's absence I'll need someone to NPC Daniel....any takers? :confused:

Ryn
February 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'll take him back thanks :P :D

squirrely1
February 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I'll take him back thanks :P :D

YAY!! :D Well I didnt' have any official takers yet anyway :o

RogueRanger
February 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Yip yip:D yay for Ryn :D

Ryn
February 7th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Not yay yet - like I said in OOC am at the library at the mo since comp died totally :( don't like it but there you go, hope to be back fully on Saturday when we get a new comp :P :D

so please npc my charries again until then, thanks :D

RogueRanger
February 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
SQ is away also as is Ben, so it's ok Ryn, not much will happen before you come back:)

Alteran of Atlantis
February 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hey everyone,

I'll be gone until Monday the 21st (Eastern US time), my family is going up north.

RogueRanger
February 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
which is today...oh wait, no tomorow for you AA, take care:D

Draygon
February 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM
should probably have said here, butbeen too tired and basically knackered so forgot :o

I'm workign on costume for a productionfo Winters' Tale at my uni which devours all my free tiem and anergy.I'm not realsed from the show's clutches until thefinal performance on the12th of March. I sincerly apologise for beign a very bad RP'er and havgn no time

RogueRanger
February 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
no problems Sis, we'll cover for you and good luck with the play:)