Two and a Half Men (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two and a Half Men (602)

SAMUEL CREATES CONFLICT BETWEEN DEAN AND SAM — Sam (Jared Padalecki) investigates a case about missing babies whose parents are being murdered. At one of the crime scenes, he discovers a baby that was left behind and calls Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help. Reluctant to leave Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson) and Ben (guest star Nicholas Elia), Dean finally agrees to meet Sam and surprises his brother with how parental he has become. The brothers take the baby to Samuel (Mitch Pileggi), who decides to raise it as a hunter, which infuriates Dean. However, before they can decide the baby’s future, a shape-shifter breaks in and attempts to kidnap the baby. John Showalter directed the episode written by Adam Glass.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

SEE?!!! THIS is why you don't give up your show after a few disappointing episodes!! OMG, I had TEARS (of joy), running down my face when our beautiful, beautiful Impala was uncovered. Fan-FRICKIN'-tastic!!

I'll be back with a real review when I have a computer (just my phone right now).

Comment

mmm best part of the ep... Dean takin the tarp off his baby
      Spoiler:
      hell yes.. Cas is back in next weeks ep.)
      sigpic

Comment

My wife, my dad, and I all enjoyed this episode tonight. It was kind of cool that we got to see the "Alpha" Shapeshifter. Boy is he a lot more powerful than his offspring.

I wonder who Samuel was talking to on the phone at the end there? He is definitely working for someone, collecting specimens. Not good at all IMO.

It is great to know that the Impala should be back in action next week. I look forward to that, and the return of Castiel.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OH.MY.GOD!!!
          Ok 1) Love Jensen and babies
          2) Samuel just gets creepier every minute.

I was happy when Dean was rootin' around in the trunk in the beginning, then when he put the keys back in the toolbox- I starting yelling at the TV and my roommate told me not to narrate the whole ep And as mean as it made him look, I'm glad we got to see a little individual Dean/Ben time. Got to see a little of how Dean would really raise him and kinda got a glimpse of how much he hated the way he grew up, even though he kept defending it (I'm watching the pilot now).

And I think some of the funniest things I've ever seen on this show were they boys with the baby, especially in the store. And since "Three Men and a Baby" is a movie I grew up on, all the subtle references and similarities just made me laugh

I'll need to rewatch, but I didn't think this ep was as unsatisfying as the last. Starting to pick up some momentum. And what's with that phone call of Samuel's at the end? Def something wrong and creepy going on with him. And I guess we can start crossing Campbells off the list. Kinda glad that one is gone. I really don't want the actor to leave his other show. I wonder how long the girl will last. Can't stand her.

And that Alpha thing is a new twist on the shifters. I wonder how much they'll tweek about other monsters we've seen.

Anywho, I think what I got most out of this ep is that they need to have more babies around Dean I'll have to pay more attention the next time around.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, and of course that last scene. I told my roommate she wouldn't believe the amount of squealing going on across the country at that moment.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
              Oh, and of course that last scene. I told my roommate she wouldn't believe the amount of squealing going on across the country at that moment.
              Yeah, I am sure there was definitely a lot of that. It was nice to see Dean back in his element.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yeah, I am sure there was definitely a lot of that. It was nice to see Dean back in his element.
                And the fact that he was smiling the whole time makes me happy. He doesn't seem too upset that he's having to leave Lisa and Ben "unprotected".
                sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I missed a few parts of this ep, but glad to see Dean back to his old self.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                    And the fact that he was smiling the whole time makes me happy. He doesn't seem too upset that he's having to leave Lisa and Ben "unprotected".
                    Oh, I am sure it was hard. He has mixed emotions about leaving. He wants to rejoin the fight, but he also wants to stay and be with and protect Lisa and Ben.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

AWESOME stuff! You just gotta love TPTB and their wicked little ways. At the beginning, I was thinking, 'Okay, they're laying it on a bit thick - the hunters all cool and collected and in charge, and Dean flailing and angsting trying to keep his little family safe'. And then - WHAM - they bring out the Impala at the end. Pure genius. And what a tune to bring her back too, especially after the 'lullaby'.

What is it about six months old babies? I thought there was some demonic stuff involved when Samuel (of Sam?) said that was the profile.

Excellent mix of everything that makes this show great. Well, except for the Cambells. Man, I hate that girl. But I guess we're supposed to. Hopefully she'll be the next to go. And Samuel is catching monsters for somebody else, huh? Is Sam somehow involved in that too? Because Dean's comment at the end was certainly valid. And the way Sam brushed it off was... unsettling. Plus one other thing that puzzled me - in the opening scene the baby was all dressed all in pink, but when Sam had it it was a boy. So it may have shifted once before, but then where was the skin? And again, did Sam know what it was from the beginning, and was just playing Dean? I just hope they'll deal with the trust issue between the boys as quickly as they dealt with Dean's apple pie life.

Three cheers for Lisa too. That woman has a really good head on her shoulders. As she said, life isn't black or white, and it looks like she and Dean have found a shade of grey that works for them. And us.
                      Last edited by starg8fans; 02 October 2010, 12:08 AM.

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        Excellent mix of everything that makes this show great. Well, except for the Cambells. Man, I hate that girl. But I guess we're supposed to. Hopefully she'll be the next to go. And Samuel is catching monsters for somebody else, huh? Is Sam somehow involved in that too? Because Dean's comment at the end was certainly valid. And the way Sam brushed it off was... unsettling. Plus one other thing that puzzled me - in the opening scene the baby was all dressed all in pink, but when Sam had it it was a boy. So it may have shifted once before, but then where was the skin? And again, did Sam know what it was from the beginning, and was just playing Dean? I just hope they'll deal with the trust issue between the boys as quickly as they dealt with Dean's apple pie life.
                        I think they the first one under the bed was a different baby than the one the boys found. They made it sound like the alpha had a bunch of kids by posing as a bunch of different men. i think the kid from that mom that pulled from under the bed was taken by the alpha to who knows where. The second family Sam found, after they realized the security system pattern, had Bobby John.
                        I don't think Sam knew until he talked to that guy that separated from his wife, but I do think he kinda used Bobby John. He made it seem like Samuel's little compound was the only place to go, but just a little while ago, they wouldn't even have thought of going to Bobby, they just would have done it automatically.

And I got the feeling that Samuel isn't really trying to kill anything. It's like they're making a collection of baddies, and apparently for someone else. And that phone call kinda makes me think he knows more about what "pulled him down" than he's letting everyone believe.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        Three cheers for Lisa too. That woman has a really good head on her shoulders. As she said, life isn't black or white, and it looks like she and Dean have found a shade of grey that works for them. And us.
                        I wouldn't mind if they kept her around a little. Especially since Jo and Ellen are gone. The boys need some estrogen to put them in their place every now and then.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok, ok. I know I said I was going to wait until I could do a decent review, but I had to make one more comment on Bobby John; How cool was THAT for his name?!! And interesting that Sam chose John while Dean chose Bobby.

Don't get me wrong, I love John to death, but I always thought Bobby was such a perfect dad for Dean. And I have also always seen Dean as being closer to him than Sam, so I liked that this supported my theory!

Comment

Yep, I did like the episode. Things and people are starting to fall into place.
                            Spoiler:
                            It's interesting to see how the recently created distrust between Dean and Sam will develop in the next episodes. And exactly what is Samuel's agenda.
                            It also raised an interesting question:
                            Spoiler:
                            Is a baby monster still a monster?

Why was my favorite line of this ep.
                            Spoiler:
                            ..but I am a freaking head case? Maybe because I am one.

Suggestion:
                            Spoiler:
                            How about running a pool to bet which Campbell will die next?Just for fun.

I loved the soundtrack choice.
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

^ I'm in for the pool! Well, 2 down 20 to go. Something's bound to happen somewhere in there. Although, I'm no good at predicting where TPTB take the stories.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X