Ancient Aesthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Aesthetics

Who else in this forum agrees that the Ancients had amazing taste in decor and coloring?

I mean, pick any SGA episode, and don't pay attention to the dialog, don't worry about what's happening. Just look at the hallways, Weirs office, the colors of the walls and floors and puddle jumpers. The shape of the door-frame. It's all just amazing eye-candy. And those Aurora-class warships are an eye-grabber, too. Even their clothing is something I'd wear every day. It just looks so comfortable, like wearing cargo shorts and a T-shirt that's not too big, but not too tight, either. hah.

Oh, and the sounds! Remember those two distinct alarm sounds from Quarantine? MOAR NAOW, PLZ.

Post some of your favorite pictures of Lantean Aesthetics.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ensionists.jpg
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._and_Moros.JPG

I would get some screenshots of the doors, hallways, etc, but I just tried, and the quality just doesn't do it justice. Maybe someone else can.

Oh, and go back and watch Rising. Really look at the room the chair is in. It's such an amazing blue, and the wall art; AMAZING.
    We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
    —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
    —Ricky Gervais

Here we go!

Watch this, and skip ahead to approx. 2:25. That's the first alarm sound I like. Also, look at the doors. Cool, huh?

Then here, skip ahead to 4:07. LOVE IT.

here, 0:40. Look at the hallway walls, and when Sam and John are talking, look in the background. EYE CANDY. and then skip ahead to about 4:27. See that thing in the background, behind Mckay? You see those green bubbly things around the city, but I don't know what they do. I would like one in my house...
    We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
    —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
    —Ricky Gervais

Comment

And here, pause right at 0:06. The blue/green and light brown. Oooohh. I lurv me somma that.
      —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

I agree they had it GOING ON!

I am currently designed a large house to match the decor of Atlantis, complate with automatic doors, mosaic windows, random wall decorations and a computer system that maintains and cleans the house

also the burgular/fire alarm will be the atlantis alarm

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

I am currently designed a large house to match the decor of Atlantis, complate with automatic doors, mosaic windows, random wall decorations and a computer system that maintains and cleans the house

WOW, that sounds sooo cool
          sigpic

Comment

The architecture is very similar to the style of Frank Lloyd Wright, especially the window designs.

A real house? Because if so I want it!

Comment

Do you have pictures?! We must see!
              —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Wowzers guys! Check this out!

http://www.extravaganzi.com/stargate...atre/#more-428
                —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
                  The architecture is very similar to the style of Frank Lloyd Wright, especially the window designs.

A real house? Because if so I want it!
                  Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
                  Do you have pictures?! We must see!
                  no just a design, i havent the money for such an expensive endeavour

Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
                  yea i seen that ages ago, it gave me the idea for an atlantis themed house

Comment

Their outer hulls of their Aurora's were frak ugly. But, they had great internal design.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      their outer hulls of their aurora's were frak ugly...
                      nuh uh!
                      Last edited by kernl sandrs; 20 September 2010, 07:40 PM. Reason: omission
                      —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Ooooooh people. This is the stuff dream homes are decorated with.
                        —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

By the way folks, if you're looking for other episodes with good eye-candy, may I recommend Seed and Progeny. If you have some in mind, please tell us!
                          —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

THIS would be an epic mantle-piece! Imagine it hollowed out, made of stained-glass. Shove a small candle or two in there, and that would look amazing at night! Though, It would look a bit silly with the lid off...Air holes, maybe?

Edit:

Batteries! Electric lighting...doih. Why didn't I think of that? oh wait...I just did.
                            Last edited by kernl sandrs; 21 September 2010, 05:22 PM. Reason: doih!
                            —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Some homes have "universal remotes" that allow you to control multiple aspects of the home, like the TV and lighting, for example. I want one modeled after this! How cool would that be?
                              —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                              X