Lost Girl (2010) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Girl (2010) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Its a Canadian show, I watched it online though. It was interesting.

Lost Girl focuses on the gorgeous and charismatic Bo, a supernatural being called a succubus who feeds on the energy of humans, sometimes with fatal results. Refusing to embrace her supernatural clan and its rigid hierarchy, Bo is a renegade who takes up the fight for the underdog while searching for the truth about her own mysterious origins.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429449/
    Favorite Characters:
    Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
    Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
    SG1: Jack O'Neill
    SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
    Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Pass
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      Saw part of it and thought it was just horrendous. I doubt it gets a second season--if it even finishes its first.
      Well I kept on watching cause that chick was hot.
      Favorite Characters:
      Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
      Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
      SG1: Jack O'Neill
      SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
      Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

I thought it was good. Apparently it gets better and hotter! I met the cast at FANEXPO, the lead seems really nice and she's hot.

Comment

It's...interesting.
          Kinda reminds me, a bit, of the time when I still played in the 'world of darkness' RPG setting (pen-and-paper). Maybe a bit of the Night/Day Watch movies, too (at least the bit w/ there being factions).

I'll be following this show, and see if it gets more interesting.
          Oh, and I must be blind, but I don't think I found anyone 'hot'.
          (the doctor was amusing, tho')
          sigpic

Comment

it just keeps getting better and better forme lol

Comment

I really like this show. It does get better with each episode. I like the witty dialogue and Kenzie is frakkin hilarious. I have got quite a few people watching it now so it can't be that bad.

About the "HOT" chick. I think people are referring to the lead, Bo. One of my guy friends told me about the show after the first episode. He watched it at first because he thought Bo was hot. I was expecting some super hot lead, so I was kind of like WTF when I first saw her. Now I think she is pretty, but she kind of grew on me. I think it was her attitude that won me over.

I for one am looking forward to finding out about Bo's parents and getting more info on this prophesy.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been watching it...and I must say that I find the supporting characters more interesting than the lead (Kenzie, the dwarf, the doc, the siren-dude).

Also, the choice of fae types are kinda interesting, too. Hsien and aswang (I kept on wondering what the Fae being mentioned was for the 'aswang' 'cause they pronounced it 'wrong'...made it sound like two parts of the body ), for instance. Even a mention of Fenris. So...they're not just 'mutants' w/ Fae names, then? There's 'magic' involved?

Well, I kinda like it so far. At the very least, it's something to watch.
                sigpic

Comment

I watched the first few episodes and then kept up with the next 4 as they came out.

For me it's a weird example of a show. I actually didn't think it was as very high quality series. But it was still entertaining regardless so I kept watching. I thought Kenzie was annoying early on, maybe a little less so now but still. I also thought it had a lot of terrible dialogue in several places through the whole show. But I did like the idea of the show. And i thought it had potential eve if it didn't realize it all yet.

I er.... mostly enjoyed watching the episodes But if somebody told they watched it and thought it was "horrendous" I don't think I could blame them.

I did think the most recent episode (1.08) was actually really very good, though (finally). To my surprise I saw relatively few problems with it. Even the characters are growing on me slightly. So especially now I hope the show gets more time to show what it can do.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

A show, with a hot female lead, who is a succubus but doesn't going around sexing men to death? Can't see it lasting. I may give the first episode a shot, just to see what it's like while I am trophy whoring on my PS3.

sigpic

Comment

SyFy

We announced today that we picked up 26 eps of #LostGirl starring the awesome Anna Silk. Woohoo!

Another Wonderful Science Fiction Show made in Canada.

Comment

I'm catching it in re runs right now in Canada. It is an interesting story. Makes me think of Charles deLint novels (he's Canadian and writes about "fairytale" like characters in the modern world).
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I thought Syfy was only doing smaller seasons now? So, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            I thought Syfy was only doing smaller seasons now? So, what happened?
                            These are two 13 episodes seasons. Syfy isn't producing the show, they just bought the airing rights for Lost Girl.

Watched the first season when it originally aired, thought it was pretty good. It's a fairy tale/crime drama mix. Especially enjoyed Ksenia's performance as the sidekick
                            sigpic
                            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                              These are two 13 episodes seasons. Syfy isn't producing the show, they just bought the airing rights for Lost Girl.

Watched the first season when it originally aired, thought it was pretty good. It's a fairy tale/crime drama mix. Especially enjoyed Ksenia's performance as the sidekick
                              Ksenia is wonderful. So young yet so ..... hum.... so Can't think of adjective that perfectly fits her. hehe I do love her.

Comment

Working...
                              X