This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay's Cat's Name

I've searched but didn't find anything, although it's probably been mentioned in the forums.

This is for a short fic. Does this cat have a name? thanks.

He (or she) doesn't have a canon name. I've been referring to him as Chopin, but I'm thinking of changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      He (or she) doesn't have a canon name. I've been referring to him as Chopin, but I'm thinking of changing it.

thank you very much for replying. I almost e-mailed you because I was pretty sure you would know, because you know about canon whereas I'm an airhead about it until I need it.

okay, so no name cat. Chopin's a good name. I suppose a term from astrophysics would also make a nice name. Funny they refer to the cat in subsequent episodes (some I haven't seen yet, grrrrr....) but still no name.

thanks again

Comment

Well, ya figure Sam named her cat Schroedinger, which takes care of the scientists and McKay DID want to be a concert pianist, so a famous composer seemed more in keeping without infringing on Sam's cat's territory.

If not Chopin, there are plenty of other great pianists/composers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Well, ya figure Sam named her cat Schroedinger, which takes care of the scientists and McKay DID want to be a concert pianist, so a famous composer seemed more in keeping without infringing on Sam's cat's territory.

If not Chopin, there are plenty of other great pianists/composers.

How's this: MacKay is Canadian and one of Canada's greatest composers is named Glen... Gould.
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I'll vote for 'Carter' in honor of ... guess.

McKay and Carter would be great match. She could show him how to make toast each day.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
              I'll vote for 'Carter' in honor of ... guess.
              I thought of that, but then Narim had his house programmed with Sam's voice, so... again, don't want to tread into territory that's already been covered in some way.

Although that'd be a great joke, him going on and on about Carter (or even Sam) and having it really be about the cat.

"Sam and I just stayed cuddled together all day..."

Comment

Only hint I can give is: make a name for a male cat..

Comment

Working...
                X