Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why must children ruin everything?

Spoiler:
    I'm exaggerating, the show won't be ruined, bu why must children be involved in everything? I've seen the picture, she had the kid. I understand that children are a huge part of people's lives, but not mine! I was so hoping that reality could be suspended a little further to include a spaceship devoid of children.

Right now it's fine because it can't talk yet. I pray the show reaches a completion before it starts talking. There is nothing more annoying than a wisecracking 2yr old. And what else could they use the kid for? I mean it's only a MacGuffin until it can talk. The kid needs this, the kid needs that!! 3 episodes down the drain!

I take all this back if they have the balls to kill the kid.

Kinda new to this please let me know if I did the spoiler thing properly. Thanks!
    sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Spoiler:
    if you notice she is in a log cabin.... maybe a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by gildor23 View Post
      Spoiler:
      I'm exaggerating, the show won't be ruined, bu why must children be involved in everything? I've seen the picture, she had the kid. I understand that children are a huge part of people's lives, but not mine! I was so hoping that reality could be suspended a little further to include a spaceship devoid of children.

Right now it's fine because it can't talk yet. I pray the show reaches a completion before it starts talking. There is nothing more annoying than a wisecracking 2yr old. And what else could they use the kid for? I mean it's only a MacGuffin until it can talk. The kid needs this, the kid needs that!! 3 episodes down the drain!

Kinda new to this please let me know if I did the spoiler thing properly. Thanks!
      Spoiler:
      While I have to agree about kids tending to wreck scifi, I have to say that, in SGU's case, you really don't have anything to worry about. It's a dream, or something. Unless they have decided to build a cabin in space where she can have her child. After the events of the season finale, it's pretty clear that she loses that child.....so, fear not...
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think that it gets sticky when kids are included in Sci fi--it's really hard to make it real because kids tend to take over one's life.

But it's also naive to believe that a ship with that many people on it isn't going to have a few additions over the course of time. Unless they were packing the contraception or the people on board all made a conscious decision to choose celibacy.

The best of Sci-fi is the most realistic Sci-fi--and realism dictates that sometimes, the hormones win.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The good old Captain Kirk didn't need children on his ship, they obviously had better control of their hormones then. When Wesley Crusher turned up in the Next Generation, he was a disaster. Sci-Fi starts to degenerate into soap. This is coming from a director who made a Sci Fi space feature with several children on board. From a production point of view it also becomes a nightmare with children on sets, short attention spans, always tired or hungry...for everyone's sake they're best left on some other planet
          http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Right now it's fine because it can't talk yet. I pray the show reaches a completion before it starts talking.
            I want to point out that life on Destiny is progressing faster our reality. Our one week is not a week to the show there have been a few episodes where months go by. So assuming that SGU does well and does 5 seasons like TPTB want it to. Then if the child does survive he/she could be around be 5 years old maybe older by the time the show ended. I wouldn't mind a child on Destiny as long as it doesn't get a lot of screen time. It's only a matter of time before other females get pregnant unless they brought along a lot of contraceptives (and even then contraceptives aren't 100%) which I don't think they did. It was probably the last thing on their minds when they grabbed all of the supplies they could carry. And since there is A LOT of sex going on it's just a matter of time.
            sigpic

Comment

I am hoping and praying that there will be no kids on SGU.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Yep.

And I doubt that
                Spoiler:
                TJ´s baby is alive after the shootout, also the picture look´s like a dream state or hallucination to me, like others have pointed out.

Children and TV shows are never a good match, they are growing up way to fast for the production.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  While I have to agree about kids tending to wreck scifi, I have to say that, in SGU's case, you really don't have anything to worry about. It's a dream, or something. Unless they have decided to build a cabin in space where she can have her child. After the events of the season finale, it's pretty clear that she loses that child.....so, fear not...
                  Thanks for talking me down. I just saw the pic and grimaced, I did not investigate the backround

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    I want to point out that life on Destiny is progressing faster our reality. Our one week is not a week to the show there have been a few episodes where months go by. So assuming that SGU does well and does 5 seasons like TPTB want it to. Then if the child does survive he/she could be around be 5 years old maybe older by the time the show ended. I wouldn't mind a child on Destiny as long as it doesn't get a lot of screen time. It's only a matter of time before other females get pregnant unless they brought along a lot of contraceptives (and even then contraceptives aren't 100%) which I don't think they did. It was probably the last thing on their minds when they grabbed all of the supplies they could carry. And since there is A LOT of sex going on it's just a matter of time.
                    I am sick of this logic. I have had sex alot and the only time I got a girl pregnant was when I failed to pull out. Everyone I know who is in a relationship uses the pullout and prey method and none of them has EVER had an unscheduled pregnancy. And this encompasses about 13 couples. This isn't B.C. its A.D. we know how the reproductive system works! My point is that with reasonably responsible sexual practices children could be prevented. If wasn't absolutely sure that girl was down with abortion and that abortions are available I would have pulled out, I only risked it because I knew those things. If I was on a spaceship I wouldn't take that risk!

Comment

I am sick of this logic. I have had sex alot and the only time I got a girl pregnant was when I failed to pull out. Everyone I know who is in a relationship uses the pullout and prey method and none of them has EVER had an unscheduled pregnancy. And this encompasses about 13 couples. This isn't B.C. its A.D. we know how the reproductive system works! My point is that with reasonably responsible sexual practices children could be prevented. If wasn't absolutely sure that girl was down with abortion and that abortions are available I would have pulled out, I only risked it because I knew those things. If I was on a spaceship I wouldn't take that risk!
                      You're right, this isn't B.C., so we know that a girl can get pregnate from preejaculate, which is why the "pull out" method isn't foolproof. It fails somewhere around 30% of the time with responsible use, so if all the people on the ship use your logic, some one's gonna get knocked up.
                      Originally posted by Callista
                      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                      Originally posted by HPMom
                      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Do you and your friends like near a nuclear power plant by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                          You're right, this isn't B.C., so we know that a girl can get pregnate from preejaculate, which is why the "pull out" method isn't foolproof. It fails somewhere around 30% of the time with responsible use, so if all the people on the ship use your logic, some one's gonna get knocked up.
                          Thank you. You said it for me.

And gildor23 the pull out method isn't full proof you have just been very lucky. It's about how fertile the female and the male is. My best friend got pregnant while on birth control and using contraceptives which used together is supposed to be around like 99% effective. So if my friend got pregnant on birth control and because you can get pregnant off of preejaculate and they aren't using birth control on Destiny I say again it's only a matter of time.. unless the women have fertility issues and the men are all sterile which since they are all young and in their prime it's highly unlikely. Pregnancy is possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

As we degenerate into talking about sexual practices on a PG thread, it is possible to have long term implants to avoid pregnancy, and I'm sure with advancing technology this will improve.
                            Can't we just avoid a few of these issues, and have some sci fi action scenes... We all know that fulfilled relationships in series tend to herald their cancellation from the networks.
                            http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                              Thank you. You said it for me.

And gildor23 the pull out method isn't full proof you have just been very lucky. It's about how fertile the female and the male is. My best friend got pregnant while on birth control and using contraceptives which used together is supposed to be around like 99% effective. So if my friend got pregnant on birth control and because you can get pregnant off of preejaculate and they aren't using birth control on Destiny I say again it's only a matter of time.. unless the women have fertility issues and the men are all sterile which since they are all young and in their prime it's highly unlikely. Pregnancy is possible.
                              I'm not saying its an absolute, my point is with knowladgeble practices there shouldn't be that many mistakes. Even condoms break.

Comment

Working...
                              X