PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to start Eureka in season 3?

WingedPegasus
September 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hullo! I've seen a few episodes of Eureka, and I was thinking of starting to watch the whole series with my family. However, even though I was able to pick up the DVDs of seasons 3.0 and 3.5, it's disappointingly difficult to find the first seasons.

So I ask you, the fans: Would starting at the beginning of season 3 give a good representation of the show for first-time watchers?

Everlovin
September 8th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I think it could work. About the only thing you'll miss out on is the build up to Jack and Zoe's father/daughter relationship. They went through their rocky time during Season 1. Aside from that, everything is great!

WingedPegasus
September 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I think it could work. About the only thing you'll miss out on is the build up to Jack and Zoe's father/daughter relationship. They went through their rocky time during Season 1. Aside from that, everything is great!

Wonderful! :D Thanks a bunch.

DigiFluid
September 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I would agree that it's okay to start in season 3. One of the original two show creators left the series during season 2, so season 3 is a 'soft reboot' of sorts for the series. I'd still highly recommend checking out the first two seasons though--they're excellent.

Sateda
September 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Agreed, season 3 is a great way to get in to the show but I guarantee you'll want to go back and watch season 1 & 2. I started watching the same way and still enjoyed season 1 & 2 immensely, especially the pilot episode which is a trip.

tomstone
September 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I agree with all of the above. Also about every Episode of the first Seasons is a new Eureka Story of their own. So you dont have to know much about the Story Arc to enjoy the various misshaps the Scientists come up with.