Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to start Eureka in season 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a good idea to start Eureka in season 3?

Hullo! I've seen a few episodes of Eureka, and I was thinking of starting to watch the whole series with my family. However, even though I was able to pick up the DVDs of seasons 3.0 and 3.5, it's disappointingly difficult to find the first seasons.

So I ask you, the fans: Would starting at the beginning of season 3 give a good representation of the show for first-time watchers?
    || twitter || tumblr ||

I think it could work. About the only thing you'll miss out on is the build up to Jack and Zoe's father/daughter relationship. They went through their rocky time during Season 1. Aside from that, everything is great!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      I think it could work. About the only thing you'll miss out on is the build up to Jack and Zoe's father/daughter relationship. They went through their rocky time during Season 1. Aside from that, everything is great!
      Wonderful! Thanks a bunch.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I would agree that it's okay to start in season 3. One of the original two show creators left the series during season 2, so season 3 is a 'soft reboot' of sorts for the series. I'd still highly recommend checking out the first two seasons though--they're excellent.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Agreed, season 3 is a great way to get in to the show but I guarantee you'll want to go back and watch season 1 & 2. I started watching the same way and still enjoyed season 1 & 2 immensely, especially the pilot episode which is a trip.
          R.I.P. Don S. Davis "Hammond of Texas" 1942-2008

Comment

I agree with all of the above. Also about every Episode of the first Seasons is a new Eureka Story of their own. So you dont have to know much about the Story Arc to enjoy the various misshaps the Scientists come up with.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
            X