PDA

View Full Version : a Go'auld Going Tok'ra and then going Go'auld Again

StargateWatcher
September 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I've been thinking about this hypothetical scenario. A Go'auld goes Tok'ra, then gets betrayed by too many beings who he or she tries to help. Would this Goa'uld-turned-Tok'ra then maybe turn Go'auld again?

escyos
September 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
possibly, we know that some Goa'uld joined the Tok'ra when they started, chances are some of them missed being worshipped and went back

SpinningChevron
September 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I'd be more curious to know if any Tok'ra has ruled with fear like a Goa'uld (i'm not talking Tok'ra spies)

escyos
September 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I'd be more curious to know if any Tok'ra has ruled with fear like a Goa'uld (i'm not talking Tok'ra spies)

we know that Jolinar had an army of Jaffa. although they may have been loyal to Jolinar as a tok'ra not as a Goa'uld and we dont know if they worshipped her.

StargateWatcher
September 7th, 2010, 08:09 PM

clever reverse speculating; but if so then the Tok'ra shouldn't be considered a Tok'ra anymore but be considered a Go'auld one could argue

twaxer
September 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
but the go'auld and the tok'ra did not come from the same like mother or whatever.. the tok'ra came from Egeria and the go'auld from like hathor and others mommy go'aulds.. so i don't think they can "switch side"...

webxro
September 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Well Egeria is a Goa'uld and switched sides so i guess that it's possible

thekillman
September 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Egeria never was a true goauld. she was member of the species but didn't like the way the goauld were going.

current goauld are too far down their path to become good again

2000 or so years ago, which is 2000 years less torturing people and going in the sarcophagus than current goauld.

watch Need and see how fast it affects you. now multiply by a factor 200 000

asdf1239
September 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
egeria was originally a goauld

isnt this what happened in the two-parter where the tok'ra are introduced
with the spy

twaxer
September 9th, 2010, 12:53 AM

i don't think she was. Just like thekillman says. she was never true gua'uld. she was tok'ra!

webxro
September 9th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Well maybe the evilness in the Goa'uld can be removed or Egeria can be cloned

maneth
September 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I'm just wondering what made Egeria turn against the ways of her species, and if that process could be repeated with other goa'uld...

jelgate
September 13th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I'm just wondering what made Egeria turn against the ways of her species, and if that process could be repeated with other goa'uld...

It was just vaguely refered to that she was sadden by the atrocities committied by the other Goa'uld

asdf1239
September 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
a tok'ra is simply a goa'uld which decides to let its host share power over the body. egeria became a tok'ra when she made this decision. before that, she was a goa'uld.

Fandango
September 16th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Egeria never was a true goauld. she ... ... didn't like the way the goauld were going. If I don't like warfare and stripmining, does that make me not a true human? COOL! I always knew I was a bit different! :D

current goauld are too far down their path to become good again I don't believe this. The Tok'ra are proof. All it takes is one individual to start a new line. As long as beings are alive, they continue to learn. On occasions, revelations happen. It may not happen for the general population, but one member of a population can affect the future.

I see the potential of even a third stage, a neutral. If the Tok'ra are the 'good guys' and the goauld are the 'bad guys,' that leaves room for a whole new, 'neutral' sect. Perhaps they might take a host without consent, but do not always force their will or have the burning need for power and greed. Perhaps they might be a group simply in 'survival' mode.

StargateWatcher
June 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
but the go'auld and the tok'ra did not come from the same like mother or whatever.. the tok'ra came from Egeria and the go'auld from like hathor and others mommy go'aulds.. so i don't think they can "switch side"...

then there was also the 'Go'auld' in the episode in which Jonas Quinn requested SGC's help to resolve his planet's geological problems

garhkal
June 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
It does make one wonder, if what Egieria did could be replicated in other queens.

blueray
June 26th, 2011, 06:30 AM
It does make one wonder, if what Egieria did could be replicated in other queens.

possible, though you'd think the tok'ra would have tried that. the queen would have to want to change and pass those ideas on to its offspring.

one thing i wonder is if the tok'ra could reproduce. because in order for the species to survive a queen would have give birth to another queen right?

SF_and_Coffee
June 26th, 2011, 12:06 PM
possible, though you'd think the tok'ra would have tried that. the queen would have to want to change and pass those ideas on to its offspring.

one thing i wonder is if the tok'ra could reproduce. because in order for the species to survive a queen would have give birth to another queen right?
If Egeria produced a daughter queen, then that queen would be Tok'ra and would produce more Tok'ra, yes.

garhkal
July 1st, 2011, 11:29 PM
This brings up a point.. Is there a KING gou'ald symbiot?

SF_and_Coffee
July 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
This brings up a point.. Is there a KING gou'ald symbiot?
A what who now?

No, because the Goa'uld biology is portrayed as analogous to that of ants or bees, wherein a female may choose to reproduce either asexually or by combining her eggs with sperm from any male of the species - and often the act of obtaining the sperm cells is widely separated in time from the activity of producing larvae.

bbqbarbs
July 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
What about Imhotep (the goa'uld posing as his own first prime K'tano in "The Warrior")?

He posed as a Jaffa rebel leader and gained a following through very different means to other Goa'uld; gathering Jaffa together and treating them with dignity and respect, and never posing as a god. Granted he was power hungry, and sent his loyal warrriors on missions rather than go himself, but he never ruled through fear.

Just a few thoughts.