a Go'auld Going Tok'ra and then going Go'auld Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a Go'auld Going Tok'ra and then going Go'auld Again

I've been thinking about this hypothetical scenario. A Go'auld goes Tok'ra, then gets betrayed by too many beings who he or she tries to help. Would this Goa'uld-turned-Tok'ra then maybe turn Go'auld again?
    Last edited by StargateWatcher; 07 September 2010, 02:33 PM.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

possibly, we know that some Goa'uld joined the Tok'ra when they started, chances are some of them missed being worshipped and went back

Comment

I'd be more curious to know if any Tok'ra has ruled with fear like a Goa'uld (i'm not talking Tok'ra spies)
      LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
      Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
      99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
        I'd be more curious to know if any Tok'ra has ruled with fear like a Goa'uld (i'm not talking Tok'ra spies)
        we know that Jolinar had an army of Jaffa. although they may have been loyal to Jolinar as a tok'ra not as a Goa'uld and we dont know if they worshipped her.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
          clever reverse speculating; but if so then the Tok'ra shouldn't be considered a Tok'ra anymore but be considered a Go'auld one could argue
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

but the go'auld and the tok'ra did not come from the same like mother or whatever.. the tok'ra came from Egeria and the go'auld from like hathor and others mommy go'aulds.. so i don't think they can "switch side"...
            Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

Well Egeria is a Goa'uld and switched sides so i guess that it's possible
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Egeria never was a true goauld. she was member of the species but didn't like the way the goauld were going.

current goauld are too far down their path to become good again

2000 or so years ago, which is 2000 years less torturing people and going in the sarcophagus than current goauld.

watch Need and see how fast it affects you. now multiply by a factor 200 000

Comment

egeria was originally a goauld

isnt this what happened in the two-parter where the tok'ra are introduced
                  with the spy
                  R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                    i don't think she was. Just like thekillman says. she was never true gua'uld. she was tok'ra!
                    Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

Well maybe the evilness in the Goa'uld can be removed or Egeria can be cloned
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I'm just wondering what made Egeria turn against the ways of her species, and if that process could be repeated with other goa'uld...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I'm just wondering what made Egeria turn against the ways of her species, and if that process could be repeated with other goa'uld...
                          It was just vaguely refered to that she was sadden by the atrocities committied by the other Goa'uld
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

a tok'ra is simply a goa'uld which decides to let its host share power over the body. egeria became a tok'ra when she made this decision. before that, she was a goa'uld.
                            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              Egeria never was a true goauld. she ... ... didn't like the way the goauld were going.
                              If I don't like warfare and stripmining, does that make me not a true human? COOL! I always knew I was a bit different!

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              current goauld are too far down their path to become good again
                              I don't believe this. The Tok'ra are proof. All it takes is one individual to start a new line. As long as beings are alive, they continue to learn. On occasions, revelations happen. It may not happen for the general population, but one member of a population can affect the future.

I see the potential of even a third stage, a neutral. If the Tok'ra are the 'good guys' and the goauld are the 'bad guys,' that leaves room for a whole new, 'neutral' sect. Perhaps they might take a host without consent, but do not always force their will or have the burning need for power and greed. Perhaps they might be a group simply in 'survival' mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X