Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question

I apologise if this as been asked before, but I looked and couldn't find it.

I'm always looking out for new programs to watch and this really appeals to me but as it's a spin-off, do I need prior knowledge of BSG to watch and understand Caprica??
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

You do not. Caprica is a prequel spin-off of BSG, so you'll appreciate certain things more if you know BSG, but BSG is not essential viewing in order to follow Caprica
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Excellent!!!

*into my shopping basket goes the pilot*

Thank you
      sigpic

Comment

Hope you enjoy
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Digifluid already answered your question, but just here to say that it definitely stands on its own and I really hope you enjoy it. It's an amazing show! I'm crossing my fingers for a second season.

Comment

Yeah, and if you find the first few episodes quite slow, fear not, because it really does pick up
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Actually I reckon it'll help to watch caprica first anyway........helps to appreciate the awesomeness of BSG later on.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Actually I reckon it'll help to watch caprica first anyway........helps to appreciate the awesomeness of BSG later on.
                You can't go wrong either way really.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  Yeah, and if you find the first few episodes quite slow, fear not, because it really does pick up
                  Agreed. I had my doubts when it started, but I'm eagerly awaiting it's return.
                  "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                  - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Thank you everyone. Can't wait to watch it now Ordered the pilot last night, but I will have to wait until JANUARY for the season 1 DVD (volume 1) release so I can watch the rest (sometimes I hate being in the UK)
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, you could always watch it online?
                      Or download it, like I did with Atlantis.
                      The delivery took too long and I just had to see it
                      Ended up watching the already seen eps again when my DVDs arrived
                      │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
                      .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
                      Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

^ Now why didn't I think of that *looks unsuccessfully for face-slap anime* D'oh
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X