PDA

View Full Version : Buried (211)

Madwelshboy
September 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
A mysterious illness imperils Mrs. Frederic, and Pete, Myka and H.G. go to Egypt's Warehouse 2 in a bid to save her. Meanwhile, Claudia faces the truth about her future at Warehouse 13. Original Air Date: Sep 14, 2010

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Spimman
September 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Wow

Spimman
September 15th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Seriously, that episode blew me away on so many levels.
-Learning Ms. Fredrick is the Caretaker linked to the Warehouse
-Claudia was in line to take her place
-Benedict helping them navigate Warehouse 2
-Seeing Warehouse 2
-Dr. Calder is back!
-They each get to tell "one"
-HG betrayed them, but I think to save her daughter

Homer 120
September 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Loved this episode! I guess this can be considered as a two-parter?

Claudia: I got a ping?
Ms. Fredrick: You got a ping

lol

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 07:51 AM
HG Wells betraying the Warehouse was obvious. You knew it was going to happen after the Regents let her return

Inyri
September 15th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Awsome episode!
Snappy, fun, good history of the Warehouses and great puzzles :D (plus HG rocks the "Tomb rider"- look;) )
Can't wait for next week!

pjt
September 15th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Awsome episode!
Snappy, fun, good history of the Warehouses and great puzzles :D (plus HG rocks the "Tomb rider"- look;) )
Can't wait for next week!

Helena: What? I've checked. This is what fashionable British archeologists are wearing nowadays.
Myka: No. It's what American filmmakers think fashionable British archeologists are wearing nowadays.
:D

It was a great episode, by the way.

SunKrux
September 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
It was enjoyable but not one of my favs of this season. Loved the fist bump, finger flare thing Pete & Myka did after he correctly guessed the first puzzle. LOL I love how cute they are together.

Loved the fashion disccusion scene between Helena & Myka. LOL

Enjoyed watching Claudia sorta tease Artie about who he likes. LOL

I've known since before the Regents reinstated HG that she was playing them all. She's been too buddy buddy and eager to work at the Warehouse for it to be anything else.

I don't think she's completely evil, just that her mind is so twisted by the grief and guilt and the years of being bronzed feeling all that, that she's not well.

I'm not looking forward to how Myka takes the betrayal though. I keep hoping that some where deep down Myka's known all along that HG was playing them, but I'm not sure...

Next week looks good though. Can't wait but at the same time I want it to hold off since that means we have 3 months to wait for the Christmas special and then another roughly 7 months before S3 starts. *sigh* It's going to be a long wait. :lol:

Osiristi
September 15th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Sigh... I didn't want it to end like that. I thought Helena would've been a good addition to the team dynamic. Hopefully this will be resolved in a way which doesn't result in rebrozing her... More like making her a regular for Season Three.

DSG1
September 15th, 2010, 11:05 AM
http://tinyurl.com/25k9ezq my review.

From now on, I blog it. :)

MIZA
September 15th, 2010, 12:18 PM
It was enjoyable but not one of my favs of this season. Loved the fist bump, finger flare thing Pete & Myka did after he correctly guessed the first puzzle. LOL I love how cute they are together.

Loved the fashion disccusion scene between Helena & Myka. LOL

Enjoyed watching Claudia sorta tease Artie about who he likes. LOL

I've known since before the Regents reinstated HG that she was playing them all. She's been too buddy buddy and eager to work at the Warehouse for it to be anything else.

I don't think she's completely evil, just that her mind is so twisted by the grief and guilt and the years of being bronzed feeling all that, that she's not well.

I'm not looking forward to how Myka takes the betrayal though. I keep hoping that some where deep down Myka's known all along that HG was playing them, but I'm not sure...

Next week looks good though. Can't wait but at the same time I want it to hold off since that means we have 3 months to wait for the Christmas special and then another roughly 7 months before S3 starts. *sigh* It's going to be a long wait. :lol:

well i thought she wouldn't betray them, but i figured she would since her name wasn't in the credits , so i assumed she was on her way outta there :(, thats too bad for Myka who really fought for her and included her too

SunKrux
September 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
well i thought she wouldn't betray them, but i figured she would since her name wasn't in the credits , so i assumed she was on her way outta there :(, thats too bad for Myka who really fought for her and included her too

Her name is in the credits, as a guest star, nothing more. I doubt that HG will be made a permenant cast member and as much as I do like her, I don't want her to be a permenant cast member.

As I said, I kinda figured she'd eventually betray them all because she was too eager to get into the Warehouse and to "prove" to them she could be trusted. Yes it's too bad for Myka, especially if she doesn't know/realize deep down that HG was playing them from the start. I think it's great that Myka and HG were friends but yeah so not going to be after this. I really think this is going to hurt Myka and I'm afraid it's going to push her into being more like she was in S1...closed off and not trusting anyone. I don't want to see that...so hopefully Pete, Artie and Claudia will be able to help her not revert back. Maybe even Leena & Mrs. F will help.

Replicator Todd
September 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I wasn't completely surprised by HG's betrayal, but I think she may possible have a noble reason to be doing so. Claudia as the caretaker FTW. :D

SunKrux
September 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Considering how long she's been bronzed and she supposedly asked to be bronzed because of "not being in her right mind" and all the grief & guilt she was dealing with before that. Then all the decades of only being able to think about it...I'm not sure it's such a noble cause anymore. I might have bought that before she had been bronzed but now...not so sure. But that's just me. I don't think she's out right evil, just really, really messed up in the head.

Spimman
September 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM
The HG betrayal was no surprise to anyone following the show, the real question is why? What is her end game?

lordofseas
September 15th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I still like HG. :|

SunKrux
September 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM
The HG betrayal was no surprise to anyone following the show, the real question is why? What is her end game?
Actually you'd be surprised at how some folks didn't see it coming even though it was pretty obvious it was going to eventually happen. Her end game is the mystery. Some think it's all about her daughter and maybe it is, but it's not going to end well either way.

I still like HG. :|

I still like her too, just don't want her made a permanent character.

aretood2
September 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I liked this episode. I found Pete's conversation with the three girls quite hilarious over whether or not he loves Kelly. And what's with Claudia's hair? I kind off like it but...it's rather different. Claudia was pretty much cool thorughout the episode. And Artie was right about Wells...who knew? :P

What I didn't like was how they had to kill off the regent...just seemed like meh. Other than that, I was not expecting to find out that Claudia will be the Next Mrs. F o.O....lol.

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I liked this episode. I found Pete's conversation with the three girls quite hilarious over whether or not he loves Kelly. And what's with Claudia's hair? I kind off like it but...it's rather different. Claudia was pretty much cool thorughout the episode. And Artie was right about Wells...who knew? :P

What I didn't like was how they had to kill off the regent...just seemed like meh. Other than that, I was not expecting to find out that Claudia will be the Next Mrs. F o.O....lol.
I did

aretood2
September 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I did

Good boy! Now you get a gold star. Remember, after turning in ten gold stars you get an bonus point on your next test.

mandogater
September 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
First off, Claudia is next in line for the caretaker of the Warehouse role, very cool!

H.G. stabbing them in the back was in the cards but I kind of wish they hadn't done it. She worked really well with Myka.

If I remember right, early in the episode didn't H.G. say something about most of her lovers being men, implying that she was bisexual? She seemed really concerned that Myka would understand why she stunned them in the end. Think H.G. might of had the hots for Myka?

And why does she want the trident?

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM
The Claudia being the caretaker of W13 kind of confused me. Wouldn't Artie be next in line after Mrs. F. He is probably the most experence with the warehouse after Mrs. Fredricks. I don't really understand why Claudia was chosen.

Replicator Todd
September 15th, 2010, 09:53 PM
The Claudia being the caretaker of W13 kind of confused me. Wouldn't Artie be next in line after Mrs. F. He is probably the most experence with the warehouse after Mrs. Fredricks. I don't really understand why Claudia was chosen.

Yes, that is confusing. Artie definitely seems to be the likely contender for being next in line and the most realistic choice. Maybe the Warehouse only accepts certain caretakers?

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Yes, that is confusing. Artie definitely seems to be the likely contender for being next in line and the most realistic choice. Maybe the Warehouse only accepts certain caretakers?

It just seems Claudia would be the last choice. She has the least experence in the warehouse not to mention I don't think she is mature enough

aretood2
September 15th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Perhaps because Claudia actually plays with the artifacts? She could also conceivably be smarter >.>

But yeah, that is a good question.

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Perhaps because Claudia actually plays with the artifacts? She could also conceivably be smarter >.>

But yeah, that is a good question.While defiantly inteligent I highly doubt Claudia is smarter then Artie.

mr_kennedy
September 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Awesome episode, Pete was hilarious in this episode

Man the concept of warehouses is really interesting, i liked the fact that Mrs Frederick is kind of plugged in to it

As for the Claudia thing, i just thought they chose her because she was in the only one present at the right time, if Artie were there im sure he would have been chosen, i do think Claudia is caretaker material but she is just to young and immiture right now

Where in the hell did Artie go? maybe HG stole an artifact that when in contact of another artifact located in Warehouse 2 could allow time travel and went to check to see if it were still there thats where i think next weeks episode title comes into play (Reset)

I still dont think HG is a bad person, i actually like the character, she has just had bad stuff happen to her, and will do anything to undo it

Jynjyr
September 16th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Claudia as caretaker - I think being tapped as a replacement for WH13 was an emergency measure. I think, if she's going to be a caretaker, it would probably be for WH14 when it comes about. :)

I missed about 15 minutes and that seems to be when Artie steps out to do whatever it was he was going to do. :S I agree, if he'd been there, he would have been the most likely as a replacement caretaker for WH13.

It's cool that the WH is 'organic' and is linked to a human for care. That brings up another question, how old is WH13? That might give us a clue on how old Mrs. F is.

I saw HG's betrayal coming. :( Just didn't realize what form it would take.

Osiristi
September 16th, 2010, 04:38 AM
That brings up another question, how old is WH13?Warehouse 13 was created after the hegemony position moved from the Great Britain to America after the First World War had begun (1914). For a moment during the 1940's, regents considered making the Warehouse 14 in Hitler's Germany but eventually decided not to, and therefore WH13 is the one that's still active. Ever since 1914.

The thirteenth incarnation is also the first time the regents decided to place the Warehouse away from the center of the country, to a distant location in South Dakota.

All this comes from the supposedly canon Warehouse History feature on Syfy's WH13 website. According to Jack Kenny, the history is envisioned by the scripting team so I assume this is it and it is canon. The history also makes Warehouse 2 the first real Warehouse because Warehouse 1 was more like Alexander The Great's personal collection.

I hope this helped :)

http://www.syfy.com/warehouse13/history.php

Jynjyr
September 16th, 2010, 09:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/smilies/cheer4.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/smilies/woo-hoo.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/smilies/cheer4.gif

In Warehouse geeky heaven. Please, please, please let them have a long run so we can hear snippets about all these other Warehouses.

BTW - If Mrs. F was about 20 when she was chosen as caretaker for WH13, that would make her at least 114 years old. :eek: Well preserved, eh? :D

SunKrux
September 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Considering how long Mrs. F has been Caretaker (I think she was the caretaker for the previous Warehouses too, but that's just me. No I have no "canon" proof, just my feeling on it) she may have been fairly young when she was "chosen" but not actually made a caretaker until she'd matured a bit more.

I think Claudia is a perfect choice, she's young enough and is at least as smart as Artie (if not smarter in some areas) she's also still young enough that teaching her new things will be easier than if you were to try and teach those same things to either Pete or Myka.

I think Artie left because maybe he and Mrs. F knew all along that Claudia was the one to take over when Mrs. F's time is up. Why else would she have pushed him to at least find Claudia a safe place to live back in S1? I don't think they wanted to push her into knowing her destiny right away considering all she's been through in her short life.

It's going to interesting how this plays out. I can't wait. :D

Osiristi
September 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
In my mind each caretaker only takes care of one Warehouse. The moment they are bonded with the Warehouse, they stop aging or at least the aging slows down considerably. When the Warehouse is moved, the caretaker of the now-old Warehouse will take back the lost time and die with the Warehouse similarly to those fashion models in "Age Before Beauty".

Of course, there are certain special occasions when a Warehouse caretaker has to be switched, like the one in this episode.

MIZA
September 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Considering how long Mrs. F has been Caretaker (I think she was the caretaker for the previous Warehouses too, but that's just me. No I have no "canon" proof, just my feeling on it) she may have been fairly young when she was "chosen" but not actually made a caretaker until she'd matured a bit more.

I think Claudia is a perfect choice, she's young enough and is at least as smart as Artie (if not smarter in some areas) she's also still young enough that teaching her new things will be easier than if you were to try and teach those same things to either Pete or Myka.

I think Artie left because maybe he and Mrs. F knew all along that Claudia was the one to take over when Mrs. F's time is up. Why else would she have pushed him to at least find Claudia a safe place to live back in S1? I don't think they wanted to push her into knowing her destiny right away considering all she's been through in her short life.

It's going to interesting how this plays out. I can't wait. :D

i agree, do you think HG will be back in there good graces this or next season ?

SunKrux
September 17th, 2010, 07:18 AM
i agree, do you think HG will be back in there good graces this or next season ?

I don't think she will ever be back in their good graces. She used them all and betrayed them. Not gonna be forgiven is my guess. They'll either kill her or re-bronze her eventually

Demoniser
September 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Very enjoyable episode.

Liked the whole Egyptian stuff, some nice mythology for the show (pun intended) in there.

Shame Mark Sheppard's character was killed off.

Claudia as the next Caretaker is interesting. Some good snippets of information on the whole Warehouse inner workings.

I think H.G's betrayal was a combination of her seeing her daughter in that little illusion and i'm speculating something else also happened when she went near the orb.

Loved the Tomb Raider parody :P

jelgate
September 17th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Very enjoyable episode.

Liked the whole Egyptian stuff, some nice mythology for the show (pun intended) in there.

Shame Mark Sheppard's character was killed off.

Claudia as the next Caretaker is interesting. Some good snippets of information on the whole Warehouse inner workings.

I think H.G's betrayal was a combination of her seeing her daughter in that little illusion and i'm speculating something else also happened when she went near the orb.

Loved the Tomb Raider parody :P

Wells act of betrayal probabably a long time coming. This was always part of her plan. But its obvious she formed a friendship with Myka. Thats why at the end she said she was sorry. What her goal is unknown but I think Wells always planned to betray them. Its kind of obvious

SunKrux
September 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure H.G.'s "friendship" with Myka is genuine. I think Myka's friendship with her is, but I'm not sold that H.G. is truly sorry for teslaing Myka & Pete. She's one sick, twisted individual and I'm not sure she remembers how to be a proper friend. I'll say this, it's definitely been interesting and enjoyable to watch all this unfold.

lordofseas
September 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Everyone is H.G. hating. :(

SunKrux
September 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Uh, I'm not hating her. I just don't think she was genuine in her friendship with Myka or her dealings with the others. I happen to really enjoy HG even if she's a baddie. :D Just because I'm saying how I see her development doesn't mean I hate her. Never once have I said "I hate her" because I don't. :D

jelgate
September 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Hate is a strong word. She is what she is. A villian who mantipulated Warehouse 13 for her yet unknown goals. But that does not equate hate of a character. Just that she has done some down right horrible things

aretood2
September 18th, 2010, 04:03 PM
She is evil!!! Unlike Claudia who is an innocent little cute angel :D :P

jelgate
September 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Thier is nothing cute and innocent about a person who blames people for crimes that was not their fault.

aretood2
September 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Thier is nothing cute and innocent about a person who blames people for crimes that was not their fault.

Still not letting that go? Sheesh...she kissed and made up remember?

lordofseas
September 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hate is a strong word. She is what she is. A villian who mantipulated Warehouse 13 for her yet unknown goals. But that does not equate hate of a character. Just that she has done some down right horrible things

Villainy is subjective.

aretood2
September 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Villainy is subjective.

I think it's pretty clear that she's the antagonist, unlike innocent and cute Claudia

Pharaoh Atem
September 18th, 2010, 08:29 PM
saw it loved it. recommend it

Pharaoh Atem
September 18th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Claudia

her hair looked terrible in this ep. maria ranted about it the whole ep

aretood2
September 18th, 2010, 08:34 PM
her hair looked terrible in this ep. maria ranted about it the whole ep
Yeah, I liked her old hair better.

jelgate
September 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Villainy is subjective.

Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't. The fact she murdered people and has mantipulated others to gain what she wants I don't think this is one of those times.

SunKrux
September 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't. The fact she murdered people and has mantipulated others to gain what she wants I don't think this is one of those times.

I don't think the other warehouse agent that was killed was a murder. I think that was an accident when she was trying to go back in time and save her daughter. MacPherson's death, yes was murder. I don't think that Helena is evil but I also don't think she's in her right mind and that is making her judgment not all that reliable. Doesn't mean she's evil though. However, all this could change if/when we learn the truth about what happened when she was an agent at WH12.

MIZA
September 19th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I don't think the other warehouse agent that was killed was a murder. I think that was an accident when she was trying to go back in time and save her daughter. MacPherson's death, yes was murder. I don't think that Helena is evil but I also don't think she's in her right mind and that is making her judgment not all that reliable. Doesn't mean she's evil though. However, all this could change if/when we learn the truth about what happened when she was an agent at WH12.

hey given what you know about the Warehouse ,would you want to be a Warehouse agent? me no !! it seems the choices are insanity, evil or dead in a weird accidents, oh and of course loneliness too

SunKrux
September 19th, 2010, 02:39 PM
hey given what you know about the Warehouse ,would you want to be a Warehouse agent? me no !! it seems the choices are insanity, evil or dead in a weird accidents, oh and of course loneliness too

For me it would depend on who my partner was. ;) If it was either Myka or Pete, yeah I'd totally do it. HG, not so much. LOL But that's because as much as I do like the character, I don't trust HG, at. all. Doesn't mean I hate her, just don't trust her.

poundpuppy29
September 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Just watched this ep on hulu can't believe they killed a regent and holy double cross

WingedPegasus
September 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM

*snerk* Er, not quite... :P

It was most interesting that she's the future caretaker, however. I'm not sure Artie would be a better choice--functioning as the caretaker of a warehouse seems to be something of a symbiotic, not quite logically-defined relationship. Artie might be a bit too set in his ways and skeptical for that sort of a job. Actually, all of his knowledge might be a handicap in such a position, since he might convince himself of one thing in a situation where the warehouse is trying to tell him something else.

That and they might want to start with someone a teense youger. :P But both Artie and Claudia certainly love the warehouse.

Just watched this ep on hulu can't believe they killed a regent and holy double cross

...Batman! :D

Sorry. Just finishing that sentence for you. :P

Linda06
December 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Better ep than last week. Not really a surprise that H.G. betrayed them, it was only a matter of time. It'll be interesting to see how Myka takes the betrayal. Can't wait till the last ep on Thursday to see what happens.

aretood2
December 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Better ep than last week. Not really a surprise that H.G. betrayed them, it was only a matter of time. It'll be interesting to see how Myka takes the betrayal. Can't wait till the last ep on Thursday to see what happens.

You'll love the end...this is from someone who likes a little sad drama...>.>...touching type stuff....Just watch out for a line about Claudia's...um....maturity :P

jelgate
December 4th, 2010, 09:04 PM
You'll love the end...this is from someone who likes a little sad drama...>.>...touching type stuff....Just watch out for a line about Claudia's...um....maturity :P

You mean besides not having one.

I won't spoil you but Myka get pretty ticked off at Wells.

mandogater
December 4th, 2010, 11:51 PM
You mean besides not having one.

I won't spoil you but Myka get pretty ticked off at Wells.

Understatement of galactic proportions.

Linda06
December 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Ooh now I'm excited about the next ep D