PDA

View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons ~ SG1 ~ Resurgence ~ Season 11 RPG ~ SG4 Talk Thread

Vagabond Serpent
August 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
The talk thread for SG-4 players, obviously. All mission OOC chat goes here, please, don't spoil the Missions Thread with completely OOC posts.

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks V, now to my question from Weedle's post. Is there anyway as he said, to block the transmissions from LA transmitters? I like his idea about telling Colonel Ellis, but he needs a way to do it? Subspace jammers? is there such a thing?:sam:

Vagabond Serpent
August 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Telling Ellis is the 1st priority of course, but I'm trying to find any evidence of jammers in series... :confused:

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I'll ask on the science threads if it's feasible:D

Vagabond Serpent
August 30th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Go, ask. I'll roam through few episodes. :D

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Ok, and RR sent me a PM to start a Thread for the Daedalus, so I guess that's ok. I'll do that first, and tell Apollo he can go over to the Hammond, then I gotta have coffee:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
August 31st, 2010, 04:41 AM
OK, I'm out of ideas. How 'bout just posting a Scorpio-Ellis dialogue where she tells him to beam up the rest until they recover as the first three are already onboard and the alert was already triggered; then advices Colonel to inform the SGC and Hammond and whatever else and shake all the techies they can for jamming? :P

And, Weedle... Corporal should check that guy which fell on the ground as well as the one he zatted the very first... :mckay:

RogueRanger
August 31st, 2010, 11:52 AM
I'll have Cate tell Ellis, he'll inform Sam and we'll postpone the departure while Sam and Hailey go back down to the flat and re-route the beaming node configuration so the signal is looped continuosly back to Earth. All the LA will know is that it's still online and that's all. My sister told me, she's a techy freak:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 1st, 2010, 01:48 AM
I'm also a techy freak... :mckay: But in another area. :P

RogueRanger
September 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
Agh! I'm surrounded by Geeks:P

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
lol i am a geek 2

Vagabond Serpent
September 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
Mel got into a company. :P

Post in process of composing. ;)

RogueRanger
September 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Does a Vet qualify as a Geek, I don't want to be lonely:weiranime42:

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
good enough 4 me:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
A medical geek...

RogueRanger
September 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Ah well, that makes me feel better:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 2nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Medic!!!!!!

RogueRanger
September 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Only if you have a tail and you're fluffy;)

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
hold on wheres my doggy costume:P

RogueRanger
September 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Quick message, I'm late for my next class and I'll be back in my lunch break. Stargate Atlantis Girl is doing Laura Cadman in the Atlantis thread and will need a team for a mission. I'm already stretched with my charries and NPC's so if you can help her with a NPC for her team, PM me please:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Setsuna!! :weiranime33:

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Agree with mission OOC...

*pokes Weedle with a big stick* We need him to tell about that guy because it's completely clear who it was, and Sam'd be better to poke Jack and IOA. :P
He-he-he, if SU was still there, I'd made my charrie just giving a direct call to Moscow to her superiors and NC would receive a swift kick in its ass. :P

RogueRanger
September 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I think we may be paying Pyongyang a call:P

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Yep. :P

Btw, what year is it? 2010? 2008? :confused: I've to correct Scorpio's age - she was 30 for AM which happens in 2005...

Weedle
September 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
I read the premise, we kick off after Continuum, so I guess 09 or 10:D

I posted once more, but I really gotta hit the sack. I can stay another hour if ya like:o

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Fine, let her be 35 in 2010 then. :P

Go have some sleep, we need to wait for "Sam." ;)

RogueRanger
September 2nd, 2010, 10:49 PM
Is here :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Post. "Colonel" :P

RogueRanger
September 2nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Posted, now I have to go and help mum with dinner, roast salmon:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
Beh, fish... :S :S :S

RogueRanger
September 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Back on Monday guys, maybe. I have an exam Tuesday so it depends on how my studies go:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Setsuna!! :weiranime33:

What?????

Vagabond Serpent
September 4th, 2010, 01:12 AM
won't be on today, sry.

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I'm back and working on a post... ;)

RogueRanger
September 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Ok here and posted but I have to zip off and do some study, I'll be back later today I hope:D

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
VS and Weeds, don't make it look to easy. Let the target get onto a train and you two get on with him. Elena needs to see he is packing of course so you don't want to risk civilian lives. Let him get out at St.James (do you need to change trians?) follow him and if you can you need to split up and come at him from two directions. I think.....:weiranime42:

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
And who was going to say that we're going to make it easy. We can make our charries hope that it'll be easy, but since we're cruel players, who like to constantly invent some trouble for them... :rolleyes: :P And, yes, train change is needed, Embankment station is interchange for 4 lines, and 2 of them lead to St. James Park station, with two exits at two opposite directions... :weiranime42:

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Cool, work out a strategy and let Weeds know here. He usually comes on about 4pm my time which is an hour away.

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I'm more interested what a NK is going to do in SK embassy...

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Here is the NK Embassy, it is not far fom St james according to a google search:P

60 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6AJ, United Kingdom
020 7227 5500

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
It's SK embassy, look at the name! NK is Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), while this is Republic of Korea (ROK) Embassy! :D

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Got it, Weeds might have to edit

3 Gunnersbury Avenue
Postal Code:
W5 4LP
London
United Kingdom

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
OK, we both will have to edit few things, though I can't see any embassy marked there, but I never saw the first one marked. :P

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=3+Gunnersbury+Avenue+London+United+Kingdom+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=3+Gunnersbury+Ave,+Park+Parade,+London+W3+9BD,+UK&gl=au&ei=nc6FTOXDBIWmvQOw1_GaBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

the nearest station is Acton

here is the embassy
http://www.asiatravel.org/Koreas_Report/Sources/Embassy/DPRK/North_Korea_Embassies_List-European_Union.html

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 09:59 PM
You know what's strange? Only that Korean site mentions it, it's not in the list of embassies in the UK anywhere and isn't marked on the map, but we can still play like it's here. OR. We can keep to the SK embassy.... :confused:

ETA: Street view at this address (you skipped 7, Mel :P) shows some official building but without standart or something.... Are they stealthing? :P Anyway, if we need to keep with this new one, I can avoid dozens of edits, with just a slight edit of my last post. :)

Weedle
September 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Yep I saw, I only need to edit out St. James station and make it Acton I guess:o Sorry my bad:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Then go edit yours, and I'll edit my post. :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM
OK, have few things to do, will post later. Weeds, you've a task: work out how to catch that bugger when he leaves Acton Town and before he reaches embassy, which is quite far from it on foot. :P No, 73, Gunnersbury Avenue, Ealing, West London, UK. according to that Mel's link.

ETA: Infromation confirmed by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diplomatic_missions_of_North_Korea#Europe and by http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/foreign-embassy-in-the-uk/korea-dpr-north-korea

It's just not marked on the map, but if you'd find the house and zoom in to the street view, you can click "photos" and it'll be called "NK embassy." :D

Weedle
September 6th, 2010, 11:10 PM
K Cap'n I'll do it in the morning, I'm off to see my girl now, her folks are out for the night;)

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Cap'n?! :eek: Heck, no, max a Sergeant after enlistment. :P And, Weeds, take care, well, you got what I mean... :weiranime42:

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 02:51 AM
*peeks in* your suspect could take a whole different turn to try and shake you guys off, maybe you could find him in Kensington Gardens (really pretty, and BIG, it is an extension of Hyde Park), I stayed near there when I was in London, nearest tube stations (don't call them trains, they're the Tube or the Underground), are Queensway and Bayswater. I know those tube stations intimately :)

*jumps back to lurk* :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I kept that in mind, giving several interchanges on the way... :mckay: And in tubes trains drag carts...

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 02:55 AM
OK :)

Or you could take the hop on hop off touristy red buses :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Not sure if there're any on the way. ;)

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 03:14 AM
When I was there, I saw them literally driving every street, so, you could be lucky and catch one. You can also use your Tube tickets on those buses, they work the same way. And in tube stations at the entrances, there's always a ton of security folks around, they're watching your every move, soon as something happens with the ticket thingy on the entrance (you know, those revolving metal tube things :S), they're there to help you, so I'd imagine they'd also look for suspicious things on people, like badly concealed weapons :P I'd bet Elena's purse might get a scan delaying you... ;)
Some tube stations have a LOT of stairs - every kind imaginable, rolling ones, moving footpath ones, plain old ones, and lifts, too. Some can be an actual maze to navigate... good thing there's always signs marking where to go on every corner.

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 03:17 AM
When was it last time you were in Moscow Metropolitan? :P And scanning everyone's purses will make Underground stop. ;)

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Have never been there, only in London (which is where your charries are :P :P)
And I didn't say they would scan everyone, just maybe suspicious peeps :P

Anyway, just trying to help, I'll shut up now :o

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 03:29 AM
You know, I just imagined metropolitan militia company checking everyone and choked in laughter, it'd be sooo stalling. :D And if our charries will behave casual, what will be so suspicious about 'em, eh? ;)

Help is appreciated, always. :D

ETA: I also found out that Tottenham is currently under reconstruction, but since we're in SG universe, which is similar but not equal to ours, it'll be fully operational. :P Btw, Weeds, who sent that message to Jack?! :eek:

RogueRanger
September 7th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Awesome ground work Ryn and VS thanks, it's going to really make the mission seem more realistic. Ryn would you like to NPC the NK bad guy?:D

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
:eek: no, sorry :eek: was just trying to help VS a little with some info! :eek: no! *runs back to lurk*

RogueRanger
September 7th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Awww gee, well you could be one of the kids in the cave then:P

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hehehe, some ground work was done by our Pookey while I was sleeping. Now that's really nice. :P

This is a tourists view of Tottenham Court Road station:

Quite possibly the worst tube station in London. To get on the Central line:

1) You must descend 3 miles towards the center of the earth down a spiral staircase stuck behind tourists, old people and oblivious morons.

2) Then (and for those of you who understand irony and sarcasm, this is my favorite part) you must go UP A <censored> ESCALATOR. Why the <censored> did you just make me walk down all those stairs just to make me go up again?

3) Walk 5 miles through a tunnel behind more tourists, old people and oblivious morons, many of whom will decide to stop suddenly in narrow passageways and thus <censored> up everyone's progress. <censored>.

No matter which entrance you go in, it's the wrong one. No matter which exit you come out of, it's also the wrong one.

This sad excuse for a tube station is a monument to poor engineering. There are so many inexplicable twists, turns, ups and downs that I swear it was designed by Dig Dug. Be sure to blow up those dragons before they get to the surface.

RogueRanger
September 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Crilkey it sounds a lot like Melbourne, only the open part not the underground part:eek: Ok Vad you and Weeds play as you will. We've got a new player who will NPC some charries for us, so be careful out there:D Back to class:S

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM
My classes start only on 13th. :D I'm a Master and we're allowed many things that Bachelors and other students aren't, like lazyness. :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Chiswick Park??? Man, there're dozens of possible routes from Tottenham! For now we'd better know if the Korean will interchange for Piccadilly train at Leicester Square or he'll travel to the Embankment Station to interchange directly for District line... :confused: And will he travel South at all? He can take a northern train to interchange on some other line going South, like Victoria... Or he can still go south from Tottenham but jump on Bakerloo or Circle lines at the Embankment... :P Thoughts?

jackclone1
September 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Sorry dude, he's a spook, what can I say:lol: Besides if he needs to get back to the embassy, it's the shortest route on foot as far as the Google map shows anyway. Ok I'll pop in again tomorrow and see how you are doing. Thanks again Mel for the great thing you have going here. And V, good posts man, you've got it down pat, all of you have in fact.

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Closest station is Acton actually, from Chiswick he'll have to cover triple more distance to Gunnersbury Ave/Baronsmede croos. :P Oh, and thank you... :o

Weedle
September 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Ok, I see it. Bloody smart NK's. It is longer but I think the streets will give him more time to plan if he has to retreat. I'll do a quick post before we cast off. Once the boat is off the wharf I lose my net connection:S

Vagabond Serpent
September 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM
OK, just determine where he'll head first, or we can circle the whole London even if the city is quite small. :P

ETA: Saw the post, will reply later, when I'll study thoroughly Northern and Central lines and realise where to send him... Probably North, then interchange to Victoria and then Circle&District or something... ;)

puddlejumperOZ
September 7th, 2010, 11:30 PM
You kids are doin extremely well, credos to all of you:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Another thank you posted. :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
OK... Let's assume that as Rick said our smart Korean heads to the Chiswick Park and decided to give us all a ride... So as I see it, he's heading northbound now, next station is Goodge Street with no interchanges, but next one, Warren Street has interchange with Victoria line... Let's see where he'll head from there - stay on northern, or interchange lines and head either south on Victoria or heading northeast on it for some other line... Any surprises welcomed...

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 05:23 AM
OK... Let's assume that as Rick said our smart Korean heads to the Chiswick Park and decided to give us all a ride... So as I see it, he's heading northbound now, next station is Goodge Street with no interchanges, but next one, Warren Street has interchange with Victoria line... Let's see where he'll head from there - stay on northern, or interchange lines and head either south on Victoria or heading northeast on it for some other line... Any surprises welcomed...

*snort* Ok :P ..... well!! Hehehehehe

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Not that kind of surprises, I meant with that Korean, but what the... This old woman just got into some serious problems... WEEEEDS!! :P :P

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Not that kind of surprises, I meant with that Korean, but what the... This old woman just got into some serious problems... WEEEEDS!! :P :P

*giggles* Ok ......it's the infamous lol syndrome..... (Little old lady syndrome) Now you have an ethical dilemma *snickers* You could always split up....one continue pursuit the other stay back and help her. And plan a rendezvous point .....*giggles* can't wait to see what you guys come up with :D :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I'll have to wait for Weeds as it's his turn to post, not humble VS' one, and, besides, I can now only resort to violence... :P :o

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'll have to wait for Weeds as it's his turn to post, not humble VS' one, and, besides, I can now only resort to violence... :P :o

Oh sure.....leave it for poor Weeds to sort out hehehehe :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Hey, I said it's his turn to post! :P

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Uh huh! :P Well this should be fun.... he'll probably have my head! :P Ok back to class for me...the little darlings are coming in now! :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 08:57 AM
And what do you teach? :D Oh, and Weeds might just leave her on me and my charrie... :weiranime42:

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
And what do you teach? :D Oh, and Weeds might just leave her on me and my charrie... :weiranime42:

I teach art and computer for K-8th grade at two private schools. Ok but it is time for me to go.....will be back later.... :)

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cate is waiting for Raiden to post. After he does, I'll bring in the MI6 tech's and Sam, with Jennifer will return to the Hammond. Oh btw, Weeds charcter shot the power board, how is the computer still on? batteries???:eek: Raiden might find a vey small naquada generator I think:D

I see you lurking there Setsuna:P

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Is the old lady a tourist????:P

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Is the old lady a tourist????:P

Yeah....er....um....she is what you want her to be.....but think about it...she has an umbrella and camera and she doesn't know her way around ;) :P

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Ok I'll imagine she's a lost American, where does she want to go?:D

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Ok I'll imagine she's a lost American, where does she want to go?:D

oh sure....make her a lost American.. :P :P IDK..... I really didn't want to derail you too much ...just wanted to throw in a curve ball to make it more realistic. Cuz.....well Pooks in her research mentioned the old people getting in the way....so.... :P :P So I'm open.... you could grab some other innocent random person or police officer type and pawn her off onto them..... :P

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I did, but you know, that was a great post. It does add to it and you've picked up the RP really well. Ok I have one more post to make and then go to the shops for mum, see ya all:D

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I did, but you know, that was a great post. It does add to it and you've picked up the RP really well. Ok I have one more post to make and then go to the shops for mum, see ya all:D

oh thanks :o I was kinda worried you've had my head for that....but I'm evil like that ....and well I'm having fun! :D See ya laters Weeds :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Let's see what mess you all made there... :P

ETA: Weeds... I was right, it's a mess, there's no train to Chiswick park from Tottenham, unless you mean a very special train that changes all lines possible... :P

Won't post until it's sorted out. ;)

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Let's see what mess you all made there... :P

ETA: Weeds... I was right, it's a mess, there's no train to Chiswick park from Tottenham, unless you mean a very special train that changes all lines possible... :P

Won't post until it's sorted out. ;)

Hey that part was not my fault.....but maybe the old woman distracted him and caused him to chase an imaginary train :P :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Maybe... Maybe not, but he'd better appear again and say something on this matter. :)

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe... Maybe not, but he'd better appear again and say something on this matter. :)

I'm sure he will....or is there a way for Elena to jump in and correct him? :P

pookey
September 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
you could always yell "Look, its Richard Dean Anderson!!!!" then when she turns to look...run off:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
He saw the indicator, how can Lena correct him? Buy him glasses? :lol:

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
He saw the indicator, how can Lena correct him? Buy him glasses? :lol:

Weeeeeell....hmmmm....tell him he's had too much to drink or .....er.....um....... he is looking at it wrong.....or something?? :eek: :P :D Well good luck with that....

It's rack time for me! Night!! :)

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Easy fix, if you have to change trains at wherever, the indicator will show Chiswick Park Via wherever, change at wherever for Chiswick Park. Elena will tell him what station they will need to change at. The NK will know this as well. Have Elena point out to Tyrone that she saw that on the board, he might have only been focusing on the target and missed the full schedule of the train service:D (I catch trains all the time, except yesterday when I drove and I'll never do that again, 2 hours to go 20 km's):eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM
You see the trouble, we made NK head North, and to get to CP he'll have change trains few stations ahead, travel south and change trains there... ;) Weeds will be on, he'll change the destination of train. ;) And 3 minutes tbh seems a very big interval, in Moscow it's nominal one, but it seemed that in London it's 5 or something! :eek: Bah, the town is small. :P And 20 km's in 2 hours is nothing, hehehe, imagine that you need to cover about 30, but you can't avoid jams as there's only one way trough the town that leads to the bridge and spend in them sometimes 5 hours... :docianime15:

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 10:11 PM
WHat is the most direct route from Tottenham to Chiswick? I'm too sleepy to look it up:o

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 10:16 PM
With only one intercgange - Northern to Embankment (south), then District to Chiswick. ;) With two interchanges - Northern one station South, Leicester Square, then Piccadilly to the East then somewhere there interchange to District; We made NK heading in completely wrong direction to confuse and shake us two - Northern to north, interchange probably on Victoria line to south, then jump on District line or on Circle line where they go parallel with District then interchange to further confuse everybody. :)

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Well, I hope my post in mission thread is somewhat realistic, never some that kind of displays in Moscow, but I never was in London. :P

squirrely1
September 9th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Well, I hope my post in mission thread is somewhat realistic, never some that kind of displays in Moscow, but I never was in London. :P

Looks good to me....and you guys handled the LOL (Little old lady) scenario very well :D :D As for this train name and stations stuff.... I think it's good to have some reference to which trains you are catching....but balance it out with action and thoughts and feelings from your charries. I think if you get too caught up in the technical parts of the trains and your route....it could somewhat get bogged down. But so far I think you guys are doing great! :)

Yeah I'll shut up now :D :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
That's of course true, but, as we've some real background for mission, we can't just jump from one station to another, we won't of course make a post for every station, but at key ones it'd be necessary. ;)

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM
would have been easier to catch a bus:weiranime42: i have never come across a so unbelievably complicated train journey, remind me not to go near the trains down there:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 10:23 AM
It's easy actually, but Korean decided to confuse everybody and head in the wrong direction first to see if he's followed by our charries when he interchanges on the line going roughly where he needs. :D

Choo1701
September 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
HELLO! Random Forum member, no idea HOW you guys are getting on with the RPG (an dungeons yet? Good loot? :p) BUT i do know how to use the London Underground (hint: theres a map at every station! And don't travel at rush hour. At the height of summer.)

But more importantly: Theres a JOURNEY PLANNER (http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en), on the "Transport for London" website. Which does include Rail, Underground, Bus, etc, etc

Although it doesn't take into account characters trying to give you the slip (Don't go on the buses. No, seriously DON'T!), team members who can't read maps. And tube driver strikes (there was one on Tuesday) :p

Hope that helps guys. ;)

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Thanx, we'll take a look... Journey was quite planned using Tube map, but I guess it'd still be useful when we decided to let our charries out from that rail road hell. :P And I suppose there's a map in every cart like in Moscow? :D

Choo1701
September 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Thanx, we'll take a look... Journey was quite planned using Tube map, but I guess it'd still be useful when we decided to let our charries out from that rail road hell. :P And I suppose there's a map in every cart like in Moscow? :D

:indeed: One map of the line the train is on (ie: Central, Victoria, Circle, Metropolition) and a nice close up of Central London stations above the door.

btw: i take it this is a case of: "specially trained SGC Team" 0 "London Underground" 1 ? *chuckle* ;)

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
:lol::lol: :weiranime42:

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
"A team that never was to London" 0 "Underground thanx to Weeds" 1. :P

Choo1701
September 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
"A team that never was to London" 0 "Underground thanx to Weeds" 1. :P

Our city is LITTERED, covered, over run by CCTV camera's you know? I mean you could be in a nice cosy control room by now, following this guys EVERY move on monitors...you DO know that right? (And seriously, not joking! Camera's EVERYWHERE!)

granted...NOT as action packed as running round the tube. ;)

:lol::lol: :weiranime42:

*bows* you can always tell the tourists. They have the fold up maps ;) :p

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
We need you here, pal. :P And while those two would watch him on cameras, he'd get quite FAR, how they're supposed to reach him there without beaming in front of shocked cops? :P

Bah... Tourists... When I'm in Moscow it's getting thick anywhere due to them, and you've to use English to explain one only thing to them, go **** yourself, I don't know this place myself, only how to get home from here. :P

Btw, was that thing I dared to invent with random stations to correct Weeds' unaccurate post possible at all? :)

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
"A team that never was to London" 0 "Underground thanx to Weeds" 1. :P:lol:

Our city is LITTERED, covered, over run by CCTV camera's you know? I mean you could be in a nice cosy control room by now, following this guys EVERY move on monitors...you DO know that right? (And seriously, not joking! Camera's EVERYWHERE!)

granted...NOT as action packed as running round the tube. ;)

*bows* you can always tell the tourists. They have the fold up maps ;) :pthere ok to put their chips in:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Somebody told me she was in Tube only once long ago... :P

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
and i hadnt a clue to where i was going, even to this day i still dont know what train i got or to where, hubby knew tho:p

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Bah, couldn't you take a look at the map? :P

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hampton Court Maze comes to mind:p i cant read a map:eek: i cant even fold one back together:p

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Women... :rolleyes:

Choo1701
September 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
We need you here, pal. :P

sorry. WAY past my bed time. ;)

Btw, was that thing I dared to invent with random stations to correct Weeds' unaccurate post possible at all? :)

Hmmm. Well as a representative of the British People....i'm sure i can let you off. :p

i cant even fold one back together:p

LOL. I have that problem too :D

Weedle
September 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Ok guys I read it all, so off to read my postststststtsts ahhhhhhhhhh trains I hate em:P

squirrely1
September 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM
That's of course true, but, as we've some real background for mission, we can't just jump from one station to another, we won't of course make a post for every station, but at key ones it'd be necessary. ;)
yeah I agree........ key ones will be important :) Oh and Congrats VS on the GM position. :D :D

Hampton Court Maze comes to mind:p i cant read a map:eek: i cant even fold one back together:p
hehehehe good one! :P

Women... :rolleyes:
Ok..... where's that little old lady again?? :P :P

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Aunty , is Vala and crew out of the service duct yet???:eek: :vala: :cam:

squirrely1
September 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Aunty , is Vala and crew out of the service duct yet???:eek: :vala: :cam:

I think just about... I just posted and we are just about out of the service duct I think...but I don't get it.....we went in there cuz the elevator was stuck so really what good is it going to do to get back in the elevator? Maybe I'm not understanding "Cam's" post but he told us to go the other way. :confused: I'm assuming he knows another way..... I'm going to give Foley grief about that tonight to find out just where we are going. But Vala's having fun ogling Daniel's butt :D :D :D Maybe you can have someone come down there and open the doors for us and get us out. :D

Edit: Never mind...I reread back through all the post and it appears the elevator doors are open....it just wasn't taking us to the right floors....so we were crawling through the tunnel to get up one floor to the mess. I guess I was so excited with Vala and the whole stuck in the tunnel with Daniel thing...that I didn't realize that once we are out of the tunnel we can go where ever we need to go. We don't have to go back to the elevator. :S Yeah I need to get out more :S :S

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 01:59 PM
:lol: Yes indeedy. You do know that the service ducts connect to vertical shafts with ladders in them that go to each deck level:P

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Any way I'm gonna do a Aussie Sam post. Did you ever see that ad for Australia, "Where the bloody hell are you?":P

squirrely1
September 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM
:lol: Yes indeedy. You do know that the service ducts connect to vertical shafts with ladders in them that go to each deck level:P

Yeah I know.... like I said I need to get out more... :S :P :D

Any way I'm gonna do a Aussie Sam post. Did you ever see that ad for Australia, "Where the bloody hell are you?":P

Go for it!! *snickers* :P

puddlejumperOZ
September 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM
FYI The Admiral is now on the Hammond:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Thank you, SQ, now let's see what's going on in our little dimension...

RogueRanger
September 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Weeds (Grant) is in hospital. His mum sent me a message to say, he'll be out of action at least until Tuesday. Get well soon Grant and don't tease the Nurses:)

pookey
September 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
get well soon Weeds:( thanks for informing us Mel

Vagabond Serpent
September 11th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Get better, Weeds, than sooner than better! :D

And, I hope I can post in the evening, but not so sure, so Mel and any volunteers are welcomed to continue SG-4 mission if I'm not here until 22:00 Moscow time... (GMT+4 atm)

squirrely1
September 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Get better, Weeds, than sooner than better! :D

And, I hope I can post in the evening, but not so sure, so Mel and any volunteers are welcomed to continue SG-4 mission if I'm not here until 22:00 Moscow time... (GMT+4 atm)

The little old lady takes her revenge....hehehehehehe Nah I wouldn't do that to you guys....or touch your mission....you're doing such a bang up job and well you'll just have the readers chomping at the bit! ;)

Yes Weeds hope you are better soon :(

Vagabond Serpent
September 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I'm half-dead, folks, won't post today, and won't mind anyone else posting for me and Weeds. ;)

squirrely1
September 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'm half-dead, folks, won't post today, and won't mind anyone else posting for me and Weeds. ;)

half dead? :eek: WTF?? Man this mission must really be running you two down? You do realize this mission is not real right? :confused: :P Hope your other half gets undead soon! :P

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 12th, 2010, 06:52 AM
You want her other half to be a zombie or vampire???????
AAHHHHH:O

Vagabond Serpent
September 12th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Pst, Setsuna, I'm a male... :weiranime42: I just got sick of playing male charries. :P Btw, I'm already a vampire! :D

RogueRanger
September 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Wakey wakey Sir Dracula:P

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 12th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Pst, Setsuna, I'm a male... :weiranime42: I just got sick of playing male charries. :P Btw, I'm already a vampire! :D

oops sorry but thanx 4 the heads up and btw im male too

@ RR i pre-empted your reply to the admiral in the hammond thread so as to alleviate some of the pressure on you with all the charries you are portraying

Vagabond Serpent
September 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not a Dracula, Mel, and may I ask if you're going to steal Raiden and Cate on that ship, leaving Elena and Ty alone?! :P

Oh, Setsuna, I knew that you're male. ;)

puddlejumperOZ
September 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I believe from my conversation with Mel this morning Sam is going to send them to the Odyssey before the Hammond leaves.:)

Vagabond Serpent
September 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Good, now your son gave me material for a work on post... It'll be not earlier than afternoon, though. :)

puddlejumperOZ
September 12th, 2010, 08:25 PM
He did? Oh well he said no last night, must have chnaged his mind driving home:lol: Ok that's great. Mel may of may not be on this afternoon, she's in surgery today. I believe she said something about desexing cats:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 12th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Poor cats!! :eek:

marilynrose
September 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Poor Mel she'll be crying before she even gets to prep:o

Vagabond Serpent
September 12th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah...

RogueRanger
September 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I did not. And please guys, we can't afford to get these threads taken away from us, so please keep as much as possible on topic. I'm going to have to say the same on the other thread as well:o

Vagabond Serpent
September 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Well, the talk here is mostly RP-related, but as they're OOC threads, some off-topic surely sneaks in. ;)

Ryn
September 13th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Don't worry. I got my whip handy. ;)

RogueRanger
September 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM
^^^What she said:P It's ok Vad, just keep it to a minimum, mostly:sam:

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
well part of most rpg's is getting to know your fellow players better so you can anticipate thier next move more accurately and also move the story line along more seamlessly

puddlejumperOZ
September 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM
They are very wise words for one so young:D And thus you have been greened. Now I would like to draw your attention to my last post in the general chat page. The Atlantis team will eventually head for the Town hall, let's see if we can give them some frightening moments aka hidden Genii.;)

RogueRanger
September 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I will post an entry for Weedle's charrie tomorrow. After that I'll have Cate and Batou rejoin with Elena and continue the mission, I did want JackClone1 to take up Drake, but he's very busy with the Air Force and could only post now and then. For Ty, well, he'll be put to sleep for a while after we have him disappear.:o

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
September 29th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alright who thought it would be cool to interject james freaking bond into the sg universe?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Vagabond Serpent
September 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM
The one who posted. :P

RogueRanger
September 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Don't look at moi:P I had nothing to do with it, besides, who else from MI6 might turn up:eek:

Ryn
September 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
:lol: it's actually pretty funny :D

and you know, they're both made by MGM... ;)

RogueRanger
September 30th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah I didn't connect that, maybe cos they're short of money, they had to send him out to work elsehwere:lol:

puddlejumperOZ
October 25th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Copied from IM

puddlejumperoz: indeed. I've been thinking about your thread there, Your car will be useful but I doubt the Irani's will allow a RAF Hercules to land in Tehran. When you post again, make sure that "sally" can arrange Irani plates for you on the Herc and you will need to land at night somehwere away from the city...in stealth. You can have a stealth mode on the car

Setsuna: why not a night air drop

puddlejumperoz: Yes if the car is on a drop/low platform.

Vagabond Serpent
November 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Bath, food and sleep before Tehran of after? I'm thick today after my exam. :P And what for Cate's going to get onto my charrie? She's white and fluffy. :D

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I guess a plane the size of a C17 will have food for us. But as we'll be landing somewhere remotely at night in the desert, we'll have to find a village somewhere for bathing and sleeping. Raiden of course will have a seperate room:P

Er, Vad, I'm sorry I don't understand the last part:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
November 9th, 2010, 11:10 AM
"RAF Northolt, they have a C17 for us." She answered her teamate. "Lena....I'll get back to you on that." She chuckled as she shot a glance at Raiden in the back. "Food, baths and sleep. We can catch this Korean after we've done all that. Sally do you know if we have any safe houses in Tehran?"

That's for the last part. :P And who said that alpha male was getting anywhere close to their room? :P

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Oh oki. Cate meant that she would continue the discussion on men when Raiden wasn't around:lol: Nope, if we find a village he can sleep in a barn:P

Vagabond Serpent
November 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
with sheep and rams. :P

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yep and the odd bull just to keep him under control:lol:

Vagabond Serpent
November 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
:lol:

OK, will post something when I'll get back home, can't think of anything before "you're knee deep in crap" days in uni. :S

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Oki, I'll see if I can give Setsuna a poke then:)

Vagabond Serpent
November 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Damn, I thought that plane has no shower, only a toilet, so that means a slight altering my previous post. :P

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
It's a MI6 special, and some C17's are set up with complete modules inside, be it a full medical facility or a VIP suite. My dad took me to the Air Show this year and one US C17 was just like how I described it on the thread. The front half of the cargo bay had a wall with a door in it and in that space was a VIP lounge completer with a diner and bathroom room and nice little lounges that became beds:D

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm going to poke Setsu one more time. If he hasn't posted by tomorrow morning my time, we'll have to NPC him and maybe through him out of the plane:mad:

Vagabond Serpent
November 22nd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Without a chute? :P

RogueRanger
November 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Belay that, he just saved his own bacon..and his neck as well:sam43:
:lol: Oh we are mean aren't we:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
November 25th, 2010, 04:43 AM
*shakes head vigorously* Not at all. :D :P

RogueRanger
November 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
We're not...oh I was so trying for meaness:P:lol:

Vagabond Serpent
November 29th, 2010, 08:34 AM
OK, what's next? Tehran? :)

RogueRanger
November 29th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Yes and once we're out of the plane we move to the other thread. Dad said the plane can't land so we have to do a Lorep, and I have no idea what he's talking about:eek: I am so dumb:o

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
December 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Yep and the odd bull just to keep him under control:lol:

Meh Raiden would prolly have the bull mechanized by morning anyways

RogueRanger
December 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
He would have indeed. I rode a mechanical bull a few times, so awesome:lol:

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Belay that, he just saved his own bacon..and his neck as well:sam43:
:lol: Oh we are mean aren't we:eek:

I think Fr. Sheen had better not get on Ange's bad side.....:eek::P:D

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Ange is a pussycat MG, Fr Sheen had better hope the Admiral's daughter doesn't show up:P

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/Catekopia.jpg