PDA

View Full Version : Vendetta (209)

Madwelshboy
August 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM
The team seeks a murderer in Russia who is using artifacts from Artie's past to kill, but H.G.'s offer to help complicates matters. Meanwhile, Claudia snoops into Todd's past and uncovers some disturbing information. Original Air Date: Aug 31, 2010

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

jelgate
August 31st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Do we really care that Dickinson is dead? Its a stunt casting to start the show. It really does not matter if its him or someone else that got the team to DC and then Russia.

With the exception of the cemetery scene Myka and Wells did not bother me. It seemed more rational and in character for Myka this time. Escpecially when Myka get her head chewed off. Something so probably deserved. Anyway it was interesting see her work with theam as Wells continues on looking for redemption. I liked seeing that. But above all that I liked all the Artie focus. From the backstory to seeing him react to all these revelations I liked learning more about Artie. He is my favorite character after all. Somehow I think in the end he will be right on Wells can not be trusted a returning agent.

I didn't care for more of the Claudia/Todd love angle. It was predictible from the state that Todd didn't know about the warehouse. Except for the phony gun standoff it was dull

mandogater
August 31st, 2010, 10:11 PM
Loved the backstory for Artie!

The H.G. Wells storyline is getting very interesting. She and Myka continue to work well together and Pete seems to be willing to go with the flow. I'm very interested in seeing if Artie is right about her or if he will end up eating humble pie.

As for Todd, interesting twist with him being in witness protection and a technogeek like Claudia. But did they really need to leave the door open for him to return? I just never bought into the character.

DigiFluid
August 31st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Not the best episode this week. I appreciated the background on Artie, but other than that it was kind of boring.

SunKrux
August 31st, 2010, 10:30 PM
I actually liked the ep. Not that upset about the Claudia/Todd stuff. My theory about who Todd is was totally off. Oh well.

I don't think HG is Myka's clone. I think she's playing everyone, including Myka and it's not going to end well for either of them. I like their dynamic (Myka & HG and not in the romantic relationship way either). They play well off each other. I see them more as BFFs then lovers but then I've never been into femslash. Not saying it's a bad thing, just not my cuppa. ;) I liked that there is a Regent who's HIGHER than Mrs. Fredric who ultimately calls the shots on who's hired.

Also, so do not trust HG. She's using them all for her own purpose. Don't know if it's good or bad yet, but I don't trust her and if the ***** hurts my gal Myka...I'll choke her myself. ;) LOL

Poor Pete, not sure what to do with the conflict Artie & Myka are having or with the fact that now he's got two female partners to deal with. LOL It's going to be interesting for the next few weeks. I can't wait.

Replicator Todd
August 31st, 2010, 10:33 PM
Episode ruled. That is all, Warehouse 13 is likely to be a show I enjoy every single episode of! :D

lordofseas
August 31st, 2010, 10:54 PM
Loved it. Nuff said.

Jynjyr
September 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM
Do we really care that Dickinson is dead? Its a stunt casting to start the show. It really does not matter if its him or someone else that got the team to DC and then Russia.
Some of us do. I liked the character and was sorry to see him killed. :( Having it be him that was killed made it very personal for Pete and Myka. I really think that was the point.

I love seeing Artie's backstory. :) Can't wait for the ep when we meet his dad. What will his reaction be to finding out that his son has been alive all these years?

aretood2
September 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM

With the exception of the cemetery scene Myka and Wells did not bother me. It seemed more rational and in character for Myka this time. Escpecially when Myka get her head chewed off. Something so probably deserved. Anyway it was interesting see her work with theam as Wells continues on looking for redemption. I liked seeing that. But above all that I liked all the Artie focus. From the backstory to seeing him react to all these revelations I liked learning more about Artie. He is my favorite character after all. Somehow I think in the end he will be right on Wells can not be trusted a returning agent.

I didn't care for more of the Claudia/Todd love angle. It was predictible from the state that Todd didn't know about the warehouse. Except for the phony gun standoff it was dull

I wanted to see more Dickinson actually...this was a real bummer.

The Wells thing is interesting, I'm also hoping and thinking that there's something else going on. Perhaps she's not "evil" but just out to do what she said, get a time machine and fix her past regardless of the rules and such. Is it me or does Claudia seem to actually like her?

And I agree, the Todd thing I did not like from the first moment they had a date >.>. Claudia and love stories aren't good for anything other than a small laugh. I'd like to see her go back to Gizmo building :D

Though her stalkerish qualities did show this episode (I mean do you remember her room in her first episode?) That was good.

Spimman
September 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM
I thought this was a solid episode. Using two of the Washington contacts to find Artie (or set him up) was really good, and added a personal touch for Pete and Myka. The use of artifacts and the chase were both really interesting.

The HG Wells story is a little troublesome. With Artie so against her I don't think she would become an agent so easy, I also find it hard to believe Ms. Fredrick would be very trusting. I personally think Wells supplied the killer with the artifacts, but I guess we'll see.

The Todd/Claudia story was a little stupid...but funny at times.

pjt
September 1st, 2010, 06:37 AM
The Caludia story was fun, but what about Fargo? Or is the cross over forgotten? Or did I just miss something?

jelgate
September 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM
Some of us do. I liked the character and was sorry to see him killed. :( Having it be him that was killed made it very personal for Pete and Myka. I really think that was the point.

?

Which lasted for 2 minutes and then it was back to artifact hunting like normal. Its not like they huge rage problems for the episode

Inquisitor
September 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
The only thing that I really don't like about the HG Wells story line is it was never fully explained why she so readily killed James MacPherson AND SMILED LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE (other than 'he would have killed you!') and why MacPherson debronzed HG Wells in the first place.

Personally I think MacPherson would have made a better recurring cast member because of his relationship with Artie. But perhaps they made HG the recurring cast member because Myka needed a relationship other than Pete, and Artie already has Claudia.

SunKrux
September 1st, 2010, 07:02 AM
I thought this was a solid episode. Using two of the Washington contacts to find Artie (or set him up) was really good, and added a personal touch for Pete and Myka. The use of artifacts and the chase were both really interesting.

The HG Wells story is a little troublesome. With Artie so against her I don't think she would become an agent so easy, I also find it hard to believe Ms. Fredrick would be very trusting. I personally think Wells supplied the killer with the artifacts, but I guess we'll see.

The Todd/Claudia story was a little stupid...but funny at times.

Artie is the one who supplied the killer with the artifacts. Well he supplied the killers DAD with the artifacts to free his family. I don't think HG is responsible for the killings. Why would she kill Dickenson & that other guy if she's been trying so hard to get BACK into the Warehouse? Seems kinda stupid to me to piss off the people you're trying to get back into good graces with.

Oh she's up to something and she's totally using Pete, Artie and especially Myka to get it. It's not going to end well for Myka I fear. I fear that Myka's trust in people is going to go back to what it was like in S1 after HG is done with her.

The only thing that I really don't like about the HG Wells story line is it was never fully explained why she so readily killed James MacPherson AND SMILED LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE (other than 'he would have killed you!') and why MacPherson debronzed HG Wells in the first place.

Personally I think MacPherson would have made a better recurring cast member because of his relationship with Artie. But perhaps they made HG the recurring cast member because Myka needed a relationship other than Pete, and Artie already has Claudia.

The reason MacPherson isn't coming back is that the actor, Roger Rees got another job, he's doing a play that's touring the world.

I actually like that they haven't told us yet what HG's game is. Makes it much more intriguing. Is she really as evil as they've "made her out to be" or is she more like Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation? Not really good or evil, but more out for herself and damn the consequences or if anyone else gets hurt in her wake. MacPherson while a good "baddie" was, imho, kinda boring because it was easy to figure out what he wanted. He wanted to let the artifacts stay out in the real world because he didn't think the Regents or anyone else had the right to protect the public from the ill effects of the artifacts. I found that kinda boring and predictable. HG's motives are not as clear nor is it easy to tell if she's truly bad or if she's slightly good.

Gem of Tigress
September 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
they killed Dickenson Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( :( :( i would have really like to see him more. this eppy was really good except for killing Dickenson. i think HG is playing everybody. can't wait for next weeks eppy. :)

DigiFluid
September 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
I really don't care about Dickinson dying. I thought he was a completely useless character from the very first episode of the show.

aretood2
September 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
I really don't care about Dickinson dying. I thought he was a completely useless character from the very first episode of the show.

:(

the fifth man
September 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
they killed Dickenson Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( :( :( i would have really like to see him more. this eppy was really good except for killing Dickenson. i think HG is playing everybody. can't wait for next weeks eppy. :)

Yeah, she definitely is. She is up to something, and is playing them all for fools.

As for killing off Dickenson, I can't believe they brought his character back just to kill him off right away. Sure sucked for that actor.

mr_kennedy
September 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
Great episode :D

Artie's back story was great

That was just so random, i was like whose that? ........ oh he was in season 1

SunKrux
September 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
The podcast for Vendetta is up at SyFy's site for WH13. I listened to a little of it tonight and the actor who played Dickinson contract was up. Guess he/they chose not to renew it. That explains why they killed him.

I'm a little sad but not upset he was killed off since they really haven't used him since Implosion (S1 ep last year).

the fifth man
September 1st, 2010, 08:29 PM
The podcast for Vendetta is up at SyFy's site for WH13. I listened to a little of it tonight and the actor who played Dickinson contract was up. Guess he/they chose not to renew it. That explains why they killed him.

I'm a little sad but not upset he was killed off since they really haven't used him since Implosion (S1 ep last year).

I'm not that upset over it. I mainly think it is kind of funny that they brought him back for like a minute, and then killed him off.

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Good episode. I loved learning about Artie's past. I also like the love angle between Claudia and Todd picking up again!

Gamma626
September 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
It was a good episode. And I'm glad Todd is off the show now. Never liked him.

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM

But he can still come back. That was left open.

http://www.dmyurych.ca/onceuponalotus.ca/images/nolan.jpeg
showin' some Todd love

aretood2
September 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
But he can still come back. That was left open.

[IG]http://www.dmyurych.ca/onceuponalotus.ca/images/nolan.jpeg[/IMG]
showin' some Todd love
Oi Vey! *burns the picture* He should be gone I say! Gone!...I'd rather have Fargo...but even then >.> he might have an "accident" :weiranime42: :P

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Oi Vey! *burns the picture* He should be gone I say! Gone!...I'd rather have Fargo...but even then >.> he might have an "accident" :weiranime42: :P

I wouldn't care too much about Fargo! LOL...

Replicator Todd
September 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM

Neither did I! Although i'm not sure if he is off the show. :mckay:

mandogater
September 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Just had an interesting thought. Since Claudia looked like she was about to try when Todd left, wouldn't it have been a great little moment if she went ahead and cried on Lena's shoulder. It would have shown even more that they had made up.

aretood2
September 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Just had an interesting thought. Since Claudia looked like she was about to try when Todd left, wouldn't it have been a great little moment if she went ahead and cried on Lena's shoulder. It would have shown even more that they had made up.

I don't think I would have been able to handle that...she's too cute to cry...>.>

LadyNRA
October 7th, 2010, 01:43 PM

LOL! That's sort of how I feel about Dr. Vanessa Calder (without the burning part). don't get me wrong. I like Lindsay Wagner as the WH doctor, but I don't like her as the love-interest for Artie. So I'm hoping they, um...have something happen to split them up.

And yeah, would rather have seen Claudia and Fargo together. ;)

aretood2
October 7th, 2010, 02:14 PM
LOL! That's sort of how I feel about Dr. Vanessa Calder (without the burning part). don't get me wrong. I like Lindsay Wagner as the WH doctor, but I don't like her as the love-interest for Artie. So I'm hoping they, um...have something happen to split them up.

And yeah, would rather have seen Claudia and Fargo together. ;)
To be honest, I rather they not do any shipping for Claudia.

jelgate
October 7th, 2010, 05:08 PM

I rather they do nothing with Claudia. Nothing at all

aretood2
October 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I rather they do nothing with Claudia. Nothing at all

You're just saying that...when will you admit that she is the coolest and cutest character?

jelgate
October 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
You're just saying that...when will you admit that she is the coolest and cutest character?

I never admitt to false statements

aretood2
October 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I never admitt to false statements

But you make them all the time, especially about Claudia

jelgate
October 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
But you make them all the time, especially about Claudia

No I don't. You're just ignorant to the truth

LadyNRA
November 5th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I was sad that Dickinson died. I mean, I had hoped that eventually he'd be drawn into a retrieval of an artifact and then wind up learning about the warehouse and become sort of an outside source of help for Pete and Myka (and maybe even Artie). It's not like he didn't suspect weird things were going on and it's not like he didn't think the Warehouse stored more than IRS forms. I understand about the contract ending but before that point, I'd had high hopes that they'd involve him in a role similar to the one they put Kate Logan in. Ah well, farewell D. Dickinson.

LadyNRA
November 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Just saying....since it's been done already with both Fargo and Todd that I'd rather have seen her with Fargo. :-)

Linda06
November 19th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Not a bad ep, not the best this season but not bad either. So H.G. is now an agent? I have a real bad feeling about that. I don't think this is gonna end well :S I think Artie's instincts about Wells is gona run true. And I also think Myka will end up getting caught in the crossfires.

One thing I didn't like much was the Claudia/Todd thing. I hope this time he's away for good. I did however love the Claudia/Leena scenes :D

jelgate
November 19th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Not a bad ep, not the best this season but not bad either. So H.G. is now an agent? I have a real bad feeling about that. I don't think this is gonna end well :S I think Artie's instincts about Wells is gona run true. And I also think Myka will end up getting caught in the crossfires.

One thing I didn't like much was the Claudia/Todd thing. I hope this time he's away for good. I did however love the Claudia/Leena scenes :D

He is.

LtColCarter
November 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM

Awwww...I liked Todd. He was cute dorky dude! Perfect for Claudia.

Linda06
November 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
He is.

Good :D I don't like the Claudia/Todd scenes at all.

Linda06
November 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
He is.

Awwww...I liked Todd. He was cute dorky dude! Perfect for Claudia.

Claudia/Todd just don't gel well :p IMO of course ;)

LtColCarter
November 19th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Claudia/Todd just don't gel well :p IMO of course ;)

awww...I guess its too much geek in one place....but I still liked them together. ;)

aretood2
November 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM
awww...I guess its too much geek in one place....but I still liked them together. ;)

She's too good for him....>.>

LtColCarter
November 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
She's too good for him....>.>

I wouldn't go that far

aretood2
November 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't go that far

Well I'm just biased because I don't like it when they ship her :o

Angela V
December 7th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Sigh. Since City TV has stopped at this episode probably because of Christmas programming, I'll have to wait to see Wells as an Agent.

After learning that she asked to be bronzed I guess I wasn't so surprised she was made an agent yet. Does she have a hidden agenda or does she just want to get on with her life? Can't wait to find out! Love the interactions between Myka and Wells.