This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard and his hockey/football remark, just gotta know

Ok. A question for Joe. after all this time of watching reruns of Hide and Seek, I still want to know what Chris said to Joe when he made the remark about football is a real man's game.The look Joe gave Chris to his right when he made that remark gave me the impression that someone was going to get wacked with a crutch. Sorry Joe have to go with Chris on this one, hockey is so much better to watch and is more a real man's game then football. Throwing a ball from one end of a field to the other and getting tackled once in a while compared to skateing,foward and backward at speed, useing a stick to hit a very small fast moving target and getting clobberd all at the same time? a much harder/painful game then football.any one have their own ideas of what you think was said?

Originally posted by dee View Post
    Ok. A question for Joe. after all this time of watching reruns of Hide and Seek, I still want to know what Chris said to Joe when he made the remark about football is a real man's game.The look Joe gave Chris to his right when he made that remark gave me the impression that someone was going to get wacked with a crutch. Sorry Joe have to go with Chris on this one, hockey is so much better to watch and is more a real man's game then football. Throwing a ball from one end of a field to the other and getting tackled once in a while compared to skateing,foward and backward at speed, useing a stick to hit a very small fast moving target and getting clobberd all at the same time? a much harder/painful game then football.any one have their own ideas of what you think was said?
    Who said he was refering to NFL?? There is more to football than NFL.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Chris? you mean christopher heyerdahl?
      he never made any comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Who said he was refering to NFL?? There is more to football than NFL.
        Probably because Shepphard is American and if he meant European football he would have said soccer.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Probably because Shepphard is American and if he meant European football he would have said soccer.
          Please, no "European" football. Football (or soccer if you are from the US) is played all throughout Central and South America, Africa, and many other places besides Europe!
          (Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion.)
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            Please, no "European" football. Football (or soccer if you are from the US) is played all throughout Central and South America, Africa, and many other places besides Europe!
            (Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion.)
            True but is most popular in Europe. It seems like an argument of sematics. Its just a point of separating the two. I don't see the big deal
            Jelgate is right

Comment

There are big teams in US , i have seen some of their games they are somewhat good
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                There are big teams in US , i have seen some of their games they are somewhat good
                Not many teams in North America would stand a fighting chance with the European teams. Case: World Cup 2010. I'm still bitter.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

football/soccer has never been really popular in america. but on the flip side look at basketball. our teams almost always crush the international teams'
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Still that's a bad US thinking , if we aren't good at something that the rest of the world is , let's make a game and beat them at it .
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      Still that's a bad US thinking , if we aren't good at something that the rest of the world is , let's make a game and beat them at it .
                      Um. Where in the world did you come up with that idea? It makes no sense
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Well from another forum it's not my idea , my ideas are bad but better then morsu .
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          football/soccer has never been really popular in america. but on the flip side look at basketball. our teams almost always crush the international teams'
                          North America you meant? The most popular sports in Mexico and Latin America is footbal/soccer.

Also, in some places out side of the US your football is recognized as American Football, at least in Brazil that is. Also where alse football is referred as soccer, besides in the US?
                          Last edited by Steelbox; 30 August 2010, 09:12 AM.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Yes, I was talking about American football ,which Shep is a big fan of. When you watch the show at the moment he made the remark about football being a mens game watch where he looks.The look he gave to his right when he made that statement about football vs hockey gives the impression that something was said off camera/off air so you wouldnt hear/see it by the one and only Chris (Heyerdahl) who, as I understand is/was a hockey fan/player.
                            Last edited by dee; 04 September 2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X