Apostle's Message (ME/SG Crossover)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apostle's Message (ME/SG Crossover)

Okay, so i've been struck dumb by this idea for an ME/SG crossover, but i'm nowhere near experienced enough in physics to do it justice when it comes to combining the canon techs. (I could just handwave it away, but i want some stronger realism)

I've got the story i want planned out, but i'm looking for someone with knowledge of ME physics and just general 'tech' to assist me with this story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6260570/1/
    Last edited by Aragon101; 21 August 2010, 09:33 PM.
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Ok, what is (and the back ground) ME?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
      Ok, what is (and the back ground) ME?
      Mass Effect

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

I am dumb, more of a reader, video games never got into, exept for 8 bit, too many butons lol

Comment

No worries, and in any case here's the first chapter

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6260570/1/

Thanks to Bradly and Col. Shadow Quinn for their thoughts on the story Nano101's in there too

Comment

Huh. Even if I was into crossovers I don't think I'd be able to read this because it's like... Malcolm?? That's not Shepard's name- oh, wait... it's someone's Shepard's name, but not mine. For me there's some inherent mental disconnect in reading a fic about a main character I spent 40+ hours inhabiting

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
              Huh. Even if I was into crossovers I don't think I'd be able to read this because it's like... Malcolm?? That's not Shepard's name- oh, wait... it's someone's Shepard's name, but not mine. For me there's some inherent mental disconnect in reading a fic about a main character I spent 40+ hours inhabiting
              LMAO.
              Totally understand. I'm actually trying to write Shepard in a 'progressive' way from ME.

As in, he was Paragon in ME, but when in ME2, the Alliance basically writes him off, he becomes a bit bitter. In the story he's just been spurned by Ashley as well so he's really in a bad place as Joker noticed by his scars getting worse and Garrus mentioning that Shepard is acting different than he did during Saren's time.

As i said on spacebattles, the only word to describe the coming story is "Cluster****".

Comment

So what's the problem with physics here?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  So what's the problem with physics here?
                  Combining the two techs. I've worked it out and have a 'consultant' now

The next chapter will hopefully be out in a few days. Coffee Shops are shockingly inspiring

Comment

Ah so you have started this now? (I perosonly thought you would wait until you finished one of your other stories. I will proceed to read it now!

Edit: Ok after reading it I have to say you have done well so far. The big thing i was worried about when you mentioned it was getting sheppard right, and so far I think you have got him spot on. the one problem i had with this chapter is that it all felt rushed. The way you intorduced apostle and they way you had both Universes merged all felt as if they were rushedout of the way to let in what you have planned for the next few chapters.
                    Last edited by bradly08; 23 August 2010, 04:45 AM.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      Ah so you have started this now? (I perosonly thought you would wait until you finished one of your other stories. I will proceed to read it now!

Edit: Ok after reading it I have to say you have done well so far. The big thing i was worried about when you mentioned it was getting sheppard right, and so far I think you have got him spot on. the one problem i had with this chapter is that it all felt rushed. The way you intorduced apostle and they way you had both Universes merged all felt as if they were rushedout of the way to let in what you have planned for the next few chapters.
                      Well there's really two reasons for that.

1, the first five chapters are the 'introduction' so there's still alot more information to come.
                      2. It's happening at a blistering rate. Maybe only 40 minutes have passed since Apostle actually did whatever it is he did The characters haven't had time to think clearly and it's a crisis situation.

Definitely will work on pacing though

The next chapter should be out soon will start to get a little deeper into the characters heads and motives and such as well as whatt's actually happened to cause this crossover. Also has a mild reference to Modern Warfare 1

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                        Well there's really two reasons for that.

1, the first five chapters are the 'introduction' so there's still alot more information to come.
                        2. It's happening at a blistering rate. Maybe only 40 minutes have passed since Apostle actually did whatever it is he did The characters haven't had time to think clearly and it's a crisis situation.

Definitely will work on pacing though

The next chapter should be out soon will start to get a little deeper into the characters heads and motives and such as well as whatt's actually happened to cause this crossover. Also has a mild reference to Modern Warfare 1
                        It's nothing to do with the fact that its all happening soo fast, it's the fact that your only spending a few paragraphs on one group and the we move onto another group, then we move onto another ect. The introduction of the Reapers and Apostle could have gone into more detail imo.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                          It's nothing to do with the fact that its all happening soo fast, it's the fact that your only spending a few paragraphs on one group and the we move onto another group, then we move onto another ect. The introduction of the Reapers and Apostle could have gone into more detail imo.
                          Ahh...

Hrm. not sure how i would fix the two sides thing. It's a back and forth designed to show both sides reacting to fast moving events. I'm not sure how i could 'improve' it since we do get into their heads quickly. I'd need to talk to someone more experienced than I.

As far as the Reapers, it's short mainly because we simply don't know much about them. I have my own ideas for Apostle but that'll come into play later. I think perhaps i made the whole thing with Apostle waking up a little too subtle with certain phraseology saying more than the words themselves... hmm.. .

The next chapter does get bigger scenes for the most part, but some scenes are the same quick back and forth. It's really only the introduction that does this though since after the intro it'll be a more singular story.

Maybe if SBZ is still around i can ask her? S? Pwease? I'll come over with a big bucket of popcorn and some bags of doritos and we can watch Farscape until we pass out on the couch!

As far as Shepard, yes, I'm playing him as a bitter Paragon with a Renegade Tendency. here's a few of his choices from ME1 which will be referenced in the fic.

* Shepard chose to save Ashley who was guarding the nuke on Virmire. Read my story "Tactical Appraisal" to find out why as i'll be incorporating it into AM.
                          * Shepard had found Wrex's battlearmor and was able to talk him down.
                          * Seeing Sovereign's power, Shepard chose to order the Fifth Fleet to focus on Sovereign. Not specifically abandoning the Council, but not going out of his way to save them either as they'd screwed him over big time.
                          * Shepard and Ashley had started a relationship as they'd talked once about kissing Turians (Seriously, the romance in ME is sooo messed up. You talk to Ash or Liara or Kaiden ONCE and WHAM! They're at your door before Ilos )
                          * Shepard had Wrex and Ashley on Peak 15 and went with Ashley's suggestion to save the Rachni Queen as he wasn't prepared to anhillate an entire species (oddly enough, when i redid the mission with Liara i think, Ashley wanted to flush that thing down the giant toilet)
                          * Shepard was... nice to Conrad Verner until the end. Then he stuck a gun in his face (and yes, this means Conrad will be in the fic at some point )

I think those are the big ones. They'll be referenced as the story goes but that's my Shepard in a nutshell. A Paragon who's willing to make hard decisions. feel free to ask as i had some funny moments with various NPCs "It's just a big dumb Jellyfish!"

ohhh... i've just finished writing the second chapter here's a tiny snippet.

Spoiler:
                          Hayes groaned softly and reached into his desk. Hammond watched the President pull out a bottle of fine cognac and a pair of glasses. “The last president gave me this. Said it’s been here since Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.” He opened the crystal glass bottle and poured out three fingers into each cup. “By the end of my term - if I even survive that long - I might have to buy a new one.”
                          Last edited by Aragon101; 23 August 2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Hayes groaned softly and reached into his desk. Hammond watched the President pull out a bottle of fine cognac and a pair of glasses. “The last president gave me this. Said it’s been here since Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.” He opened the crystal glass bottle and poured out three fingers into each cup. “By the end of my term - if I even survive that long - I might have to buy a new one.”

Comment

Maybe if SBZ is still around i can ask her? S? Pwease? I'll come over with a big bucket of popcorn and some bags of doritos and we can watch Farscape until we pass out on the couch!
                              Huh? What? What's the question? My ears were burning...

Comment

Working...
                              X