Great moments in SPN's nonverbal history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great moments in SPN's nonverbal history

Sam and Dean have a lot of classic one-liners. But the nonverbal moments on this show are pretty darn good as well. What are some of your favourites? (and if you have a pic of the moment, even better. Sadly I have no screen caps! )

-Dean gargling in Mystery Spot

-Sam pulling Dean into the motel room in the Pilot

-Sam trying desperately to remember the score on his LSAT in MATEOTB

-Dean's guilty look after getting caught breaking the little statue in the Pretty Room in Lucifer Rising

-Dean's 'thinking about it' look after Sam asks him, "Are you high?" in CSPWDT

-Dean's murderous look at Ruby when he bursts into the chapel to kill her at the end of Lucifer Rising

-The look on Dean's face and the little jump he gives when the gun goes off at the end of Heart

-Dean thinking about it when Sam asks, "What do you wanna do? Poke her with a stick?" in Playthings

-Sam's look when Jamie and Dean turn around (after a nice sloppy kiss) to find him waiting for them in Monster Movie

-The look Dean gives in Mystery Spot after the Trickster says, yes, it IS fun for him killing Dean over and over.

-Sam's guilty look to the side when Dean confronts him about "Did you know this was Doc Benton from the jump?" in Time Is On My Side

Season 5 ep
    Spoiler:
    -Dean trying so hard NOT to look at naked Cupid in My Bloody Valentine

What do YOU got?

Great idea for a thread! I'm sure this one will see lots of action.

You already got my two faves - Sam pulling Dean into the room in pilot and what's under the spoiler. So let's see what else. For starters,

- both their faces when they tell the little girl in Wishful Thinking that they're teddy bear doctors

Actually, that whole story with the ginormous teddy bear had those two pulling faces to die for - like when they come out of the store and sit on the bench, trying to figure this one out.

- Sam's reaction when he wakes up and finds Dean slipped a plastic spoon into his mouth while he was sleeping - that was one good flail

- Dean's fake cough when he plays the 'I don't have much time left' card in The Magnificent Seven

- that litle head cock Sam does whenever he's
    Spoiler:
    Lucifer

And, on a less funny note,

- that single tear Dean sheds when he hits emotional rock bottom

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

-Ellen's 'death look' at Dean across the bar in Simon Said right when Jo asks, "You're afraid of my mother?"

Season 5 again

Spoiler:
      Dean's wink to Sam in Point of No Return

Comment

- Bobby's incredulous face at he end of Tall Tales when the boys start apologizing to each other rather than haul @ss

- Dean's expression in Something Wicked when he talks to the pediatrician after he found out he's in fact the Shtriga; you could tell he was barely able to stop himself from ganking it right there and then

- Bella's face when Dean comes down the stairs in his tux

- the way Dean broke apart when he held Sam's body in his arms in AHBL 1

- Sam's smirk after he shot Dean in Born Under a Bad Sign

S5
        Spoiler:
        The way they made Mary look all evil when she told Dean he was only a burden to her in Dark Side of the Moon

sigpic

Comment

- Jared in "Tall Tales" trying very hard not to laugh despite the "blablabla" line is coming up.
          - The look on both faces when they saw the two holes in the "vampire" victims neck in "Monster Movie"
          - Jensen waring the red shorts with a straight face in "After School Special"

and on the intense side:
          - Dean trashing the Impala in "Everybody loves a clown

S5:
          Spoiler:

-The shot of Dean watching Bobby's house in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Okay, love love love this thread!

- All of the ones here.

- Jared trying trying not to laugh when Jensen ad-libs "SONOFB!TCH!" at the end of BDABR.

- The look he shoots Paris Hilton in Fallen Idols.

YOWZA!

- the intense look on his face when trying to find Lucas in DITW.

- this look he gives Bella in BDABR get's me every time.
            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 20 August 2010, 06:31 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post

S5:
              Spoiler:

-The shot of Dean watching Bobby's house in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"
              Yes! My favourite part of that episode. After it aired I specifically rewound to that scene.

-Dean's beatific smile to Sam at the end of AHBL pt 2 when Bobby tells them they better be prepared.

S5
              Spoiler:
              -Ellen again with 'that look' in Good God, Y'all. While she is reaming out Dean for not being in touch, Sam is standing all smug in the background until she shoots a good "Goes for you, too!" at Sam. Sam's look in response is great, too....dang! Wish I had screen caps!

-Gabriel/Trickster's murderous look at the end of Changing Channels when they leave him under the sprinklers in the warehouse.

Comment

@Crichiel: Screen caps.

- The b!tch faces!

- The Blue Steel faces!

- The smug look/smile on Dean's face when Sam gets squirted with the spleen juice in YF.
                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 20 August 2010, 07:14 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

- Dean's jump at the end of The Curious Case of Dean Winchester

- the look on Dean's face when he warns Sam - non-verbally as well - not to say anything about his Lederhosen in Monster Movie

- Dean's face when he sees the slaughtered rabbit in Malleus Maleficarum

- Sam's horrified expression when he sees Dean's
                  Spoiler:
                  hairy palm
                  in I Believe the Children Are Our Future

- Dean's expression of pure glee when he's about to score in Tha Magnificent Seven

- Dean again (what can I say, can't take my eyes off him when he's on screen... ) when he starts counting backwards at Ben's birthday party in The Kids Are Alright, and then stumble over the trash can when he thinks he's got it figured out

- the fight scene around the billiard table in Skin. Actually, pretty much every fight scene those two do. Including the epic one at the end of When the Levee Breaks

This should probably go into the 'you know you're obsessed' thread, but in The Devil You Know, when they're wearing those face masks I can tell exactly what kind of faces they're pulling, just from seeing their eyes and foreheads...

sigpic

Comment

This should probably go into the 'you know you're obsessed' thread, but in The Devil You Know, when they're wearing those face masks I can tell exactly what kind of faces they're pulling, just from seeing their eyes and foreheads...
                    Uh...what masks? Sorry, I'm having trouble remembering...only seen this episode twice but I don't remember any masks. I'm absent minded that way.

- in The Benders, after Dean's broken into the barn, when he's rounding the chains that are hanging from the barn ceiling, he does this cute little thing with his mouth (moving his lips as if he's speaking sotto voce) that's just... GUH!

Sorry for the poor quality...it's a screenshot form megavideo. And, it doesn't quite capture the whole moment as it's kinda tricky to capture. Hope you get the gist of it though.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Uh...what masks? Sorry, I'm having trouble remembering...only seen this episode twice but I don't remember any masks. I'm absent minded that way.
                      These masks:

And some more (capped a whole bunch for the doublemint twin moments...)
                      Spoiler:

- in The Benders, after Dean's broken into the barn, when he's rounding the chains that are hanging from the barn ceiling, he does this cute little thing with his mouth (moving his lips as if he's speaking sotto voce) that's just... GUH!
                      http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x...-benders-1.jpg
                      Sorry for the poor quality...it's a screenshot form megavideo. And, it doesn't quite capture the whole moment as it's kinda tricky to capture. Hope you get the gist of it though.
                      I think I'll have to re-watch that one to see what you mean. It's about time anyway, I need my Dean whump fix. Hope the next season will deliver on that score. I know Sera is a Sam whumper, but she better not forget about Dean!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        Ah, see, you should have specified (at least for dense ol' me). When I hear/see the word "mask" I think full face mask, hockey mask, Halloween masks etc... not surgical masks. Silly me. Thank you for the clarification. I remember them now.

think I'll have to re-watch that one to see what you mean. It's about time anyway, I need my Dean whump fix. Hope the next season will deliver on that score. I know Sera is a Sam whumper, but she better not forget about Dean!
                        Yeah, caps don't do it justice - you gotta see it in motion!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          Yeah, caps don't do it justice - you gotta see it in motion!
                          That true of a lot of these!

-Dean's panic attack when Bela has the car towed

-Another Ellen moment (what can I say? I love her as their mother figure!). When Bobby and Dean find her in the salvage yard in AHBL pt. 2, I love the hug of huge relief Dean gives her.

-More AHBL: the silent exchange of "What did you do?" From Bobby and massive guilt from Dean when he arrives at Bobby's with a very alive Sam. The "Crap! I'm in trouble." look Dean has when Bobby asks him to help get books out of the car. And Bobby holding Dean's face at the end of their argument. Aww....

edit:: Oh! And thanks for that link to the screen caps, RiG!
                          Last edited by Crichiel; 21 August 2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                            That true of a lot of these!
                            Yep.

-Dean's panic attack when Bela has the car towed
                            Love it! But poor Dean!

-Another Ellen moment (what can I say? I love her as their mother figure!). When Bobby and Dean find her in the salvage yard in AHBL pt. 2, I love the hug of huge relief Dean gives her.
                            I love that hug too! ...makes wanna be her for that scene...

edit:: Oh! And thanks for that link to the screen caps, RiG!
                            Anytime.

- the "I lost my shoe" look from Sam in BDABR.

- Dean's "I'm Batman." look!

- every one of Dean's smiles.

Like this one from WIAWSNB.

- and this one from Mystery Spot.
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 21 August 2010, 11:13 AM. Reason: My absent mind...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Great caps, RiG! (Last one is from Mystery Spot). I laughed out loud at your cap of Dean's Batman!

More Ellen, you say? Oh, all right:

-Ellen freezing them out in the car at the end of No Exit

S5

Spoiler:
                              -In Good God, Y'all after she tells Dean 'tough cause all they have is each other', Dean says all right, Ellen says all right...and then gives him a sweet quick smile.

Comment

Working...
                              X