This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack in season 8..

Whats the reason for Jack almost leaving the group? I mean unless they can find sumone as funny as him...he's the comedic side of SG-1!!! Argh...I hate it when you get sooo used to characters that you cant like anyone new...'cept Jonas...he was exception.... hehehe >^.^<

Welcome, Nelya!

The basic thing of it is, RDA wants more time off to spend with his family. Can't fault him for that, eh? Taking Jack off the team (more or less) takes pressure off of Jack/RDA to be around all the time. I don't know how you felt about S7, but I felt that Jack's appearances/non-appearances were generally too contrived. This gives RDA- and TPTB a little more freedom to develop stories without having to worry about what to do with Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Welcome, Nelya!

The basic thing of it is, RDA wants more time off to spend with his family. Can't fault him for that, eh? Taking Jack off the team (more or less) takes pressure off of Jack/RDA to be around all the time. I don't know how you felt about S7, but I felt that Jack's appearances/non-appearances were generally too contrived. This gives RDA- and TPTB a little more freedom to develop stories without having to worry about what to do with Jack.

Oh definatly, thats why I stated how much I disliked my attachment to what Jack's character represents. And I'm glad he's choosing his family, because he has to be a dad! I would think it would be funny if he brought his kids on the show! HAHAHA! WOw that would be funny...but it would be nice to see a few more episodes written by the cast and see how they would write jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelya
        but it would be nice to see a few more episodes written by the cast and see how they would write jack.
        Yes, especially since the cast seems to have a better grasp on how the characters should act than the "real" writers do!

Comment

Yes, especially since the cast seems to have a better grasp on how the characters should act than the "real" writers do!
          Amen to that, Shadow!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

is at the only one who hasnt written yet?

i know cj has done one per season since s5 and ms did resurrection in s7.

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
              is at the only one who hasnt written yet?

i know cj has done one per season since s5 and ms did resurrection in s7.
              You're spot on! AT has had a go at directing,but not writing as yet.(She Directed "Resurrection")

Comment

From what I've heard AT doesn't want to write for the show.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  From what I've heard AT doesn't want to write for the show.
                  I read that too,BCM.I'll have to do some rooting around to find out where I read about the subject.I like to be able to quote from correct sources!

I remember her saying in an interview that she felt she was "Too close to the Characters" though.I can understand that,but more power to her, if she ever changes her mind!

Comment

He has said he is not interested in writing or directing. He likes to be involved tangentally with editing and dialogue for Jack as in ad libs.
                    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I think the others add their little ad-libs too.Adds to the mix rather well,IMO.

Several AT ad-libs found their way into various eps,to good effect.I'm sure there are loads from RDA too.

Comment

I think that Teal'c character could add some more of the comedic relief needed for the show. Otherwise, let's bring back Jonas.

Comment

I think Teal'c has humour to some extent, the way he looks at things and how he replies. But of course, it has to be O'Neill with the humour

- Carter doesn't have that much, shes interested in her work

- Daniel, well he has some but not as much as he deserves

- Jonas, did he have humour? From what I remember he didn't
                          __

__

Comment

I just remember Jonas eating all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                              I just remember Jonas eating all the time!
                              Yeah, the dude has a freakishly high metabolism.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X