The 9th Chevron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 9th Chevron

So anyways,I been researching on the 9th chevron recently and I asked myself,what does it do? I should have a greater value then dialing the destiny ain't it? So I came with a theory that if your dialing a 9 Symbol Address,are you dialing a moving object,or you are trying to use the 7th and 8th chevron to dial some point of time.

Now calm yourself. Yes it true it requires a Unimaginable power to get to destiny,but what if they are trying to contact it from the present time. The 7th Chevron is used for the position of the stargate and the 8th to position the point of time. The 9th would just be the point of origin,but we are not talking about going to another galaxy,just in our own galaxy. We could dial to get back in time.

Explanation: Simple,the wormholes get inside the sun till a solar flare arrives,and goes to the necessary solar flares to get to that point in time. The necessary power must be like dialing another galaxy,because the wormhole is bigger than a trip to a stargate in it own systems. So,do you believe me,or are you just gonna nay it

I would probably believe it if I understood it, just read it a second time... ehh

Could you possibly dumb it down a bit more for me? I really am curious to know what the question is (i'll blame my tiredness)
    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

no the 8th chevron allows for dialling otehr galaxies not other times.

Comment

There are 3 threads about this, why start this one??

Comment

Because starting a tread is fun , and no , time travel is done trow the gate via Ba'al method and it was a identical topic about a imaginary 10 chevron
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I will wait untill this thread gets merged with the other one

Comment

Seriously!!!! Not again.LOL

Comment

Facts:
                - The "ninth chevron" = code. Nothing anymore with points in space, addresses, distance factors, other galaxies, time travel, time etc. etc. etc. No time travel!

- The "ninth chevron" has nothing directly to do with the object being a "moving object". However 'cause the "ninth chevron" is used as a code, location of this gate while dialing does not cause problems anymore. To dumb it down: Calculating the location of a (moving) gate isn't necessary anymore. This in contrary to the usual dialing which did not work when a gate was moving, as established in the first season of SG1! Also, Destiny is never "moving" when the gate is active!

- Destiny's gate can be dialed with an unique code. This is the code they used in Air, pt.1-2 of SGU. This code consists of nine chevrons.

- Also, Destiny's gate can, of course, be dialed in the normal way (with 6 chevrons for location and a seventh one for origin). As we have seen in the other episodes of SGU.

- Because of the fact that there's such a huge distance between the MW (with Earth and Icarus) and Destiny there's a huge amount of energy required to make a stable connection.

- Destiny's value, importance, mission etc. will be further explored in SGU season 2.

Furthermore, and here starts the speculation...
                - Other gates could have 9-chevron codes as well. Maybe each gate has an unique code besides the normal 7 chevron address.

- There could be another Destiny ship or similar Ancient project that can be dialed with an unique 9 chevron code.
                Last edited by Jper; 18 August 2010, 01:53 AM. Reason: Layout
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                  Furthermore, and here starts the speculation...
                  - Other gates could have 9-chevron codes as well. Maybe each gate has an unique code besides the normal 7 chevron address.
                  - There could be another Destiny ship or similar Ancient project that can be dialed with an unique 9 chevron code.
                  It are interesting ideas, there are more than 1 possibilities in this.

Or.... this idea is my head for a while:

Destiny and it's seederships are planting these simple gates for it's mission, and these gatenetworks are very simple and limited for a special reason.
                  There are more Destiny like ship with their seederships flying into the far edges of the universe, only they are planting advanced gates and networks.
                  Only Destiny has these old and simple gates for it's mission....cant wait for Season 2!!!

Comment

You can go read the major spoilers on Destiny's mission, Rush his discoveries and more things that will be revealed in SGU season two in the articles on the GateWorld home page, and several Robert Carlyle interviews. I, however, haven't read them 'cause I didn't want to spoil myself too much. So please if you do read them and post here, put them behind spoiler tags!

Comment

Nah, not going to read them, i started the first little part and stopped once i got a feeling that i didnt want to know too much...so i will be surprised when the moment arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by morsu View Post
                        Seriously!!!! Not again.LOL
                        Everyone was new here at some time/point. It isn't always easy to immediately figure out how a forums, certainly one as big as this one, goes about things, or how a forums is organized...

Your post is pointless! If you'd want to change anything about this situation you could either report the post to the mods and ask for a merge, help the OP or point him in the right direction. Or even better, you could simply refrain from posting...

Acting like this, doesn't create a very nice environment for new members/fans! And this is bothering me!!

Just a thought.
                        Last edited by Jper; 18 August 2010, 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling and typo

Comment

Yes, ofcourse there is room for error from new members, I just wanted to let him/her know that first looking if there is a recent thread about this subject is also saving space and doenst make it too complicated to search for certain subjects withiin this massive forum.

Welcome Mario

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                            Because starting a tread is fun , and no , time travel is done trow the gate via Ba'al method and it was a identical topic about a imaginary 10 chevron
                            That was me, my bad
                            LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                            Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                            99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

just skipping over everything cause most of this will be over my head but do all 3 generation gates have the ability to dial the 9th chevron?
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X