Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tag S1/ S2 SGU ep spoilers SGA fans, what would make you continuously watch SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag S1/ S2 SGU ep spoilers SGA fans, what would make you continuously watch SGU?

That is, if you don't already?

What are the things you would like to see throughout? What changes would you make?

Originally posted by Skygate View Post

What are the things you would like to see throughout? What changes would you make?
    Nothing. Yes, I'm still bitter, no, I won't change that attitude. I tried the first half of Season 1 and it never worked for me. The whole "darker and edgier" thing didn't work for me. I like a few characters, like TJ and most of all Vanessa James, but they just weren't enough to make me overlook all the aspects I didn't like.

I honestly loved BSG and I adored what they did there and to me it felt like TPTB had fully abandoned what made the Stargate franchise so great for a cheap copy of what made the BSG universe so great (and BW flat out denying they were trying to make SGU a BSG clone when everyone could see that they were didn't exactly make things better). It sucks. (for me, that is... everyone who likes it, go on liking it but please don't try to change my mind... you're entitled to like it but I'm also entitled to not like it.)
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      Nothing. Yes, I'm still bitter, no, I won't change that attitude. I tried the first half of Season 1 and it never worked for me. The whole "darker and edgier" thing didn't work for me. I like a few characters, like TJ and most of all Vanessa James, but they just weren't enough to make me overlook all the aspects I didn't like.

I honestly loved BSG and I adored what they did there and to me it felt like TPTB had fully abandoned what made the Stargate franchise so great for a cheap copy of what made the BSG universe so great (and BW flat out denying they were trying to make SGU a BSG clone when everyone could see that they were didn't exactly make things better). It sucks. (for me, that is... everyone who likes it, go on liking it but please don't try to change my mind... you're entitled to like it but I'm also entitled to not like it.)
      Not trying to, though the second half of S1 was pretty good IMO. But what are the things that make the Stargate franchise great to you?

Comment

the first three eps of th second season are fantastic too! (hint)

Comment

Keep in on Friday nights.

I've watched SGU because I usually stay home Friday nights and just relax. It' my one downtime night.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Nothing. Sorry.

Honestly, it's been awhile, and I could probably get past everything else (although the trust factor is very low here), and some of the stuff I've heard about the show even sounds interesting. But......body swapping sex. Ew ew and EW! That is the thing I can't get past - the idea makes me literally sick to my stomach. And I'm not fond of the whole body swapping/communication stones thing as a major show componant anyway. I wasn't fond of it on the other two shows when they used it, but it was only occasionally. Here it's a major thing.

I will be very very honest here. I was frustrated about how a lot of things were handled, not just the SGA cancellation. But it's been a couple of years, and I could have gotten past that and given the show a try if it didn't have the communication stones factor - if it was just about this group stranded in space without a way home or a link to Earth. And I know a lot of people like that aspect of it, and that's fine. But it's not for me - I just find that particular aspect of it too annoying to give it a try, and in the case of the body swap sex, too stomach turning. Each to their own.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Keep in on Friday nights.

I've watched SGU because I usually stay home Friday nights and just relax. It' my one downtime night.
              Yeah, I'm not liking the move to Tuesdays either. I have other shows I watch on Tuesday nights. I was really getting into sgu towards the second half of the season( I watched every ep the first airing from Human on). I'll probably have to watch a second airing of it with the move to Tuesdays or I'll just end up getting it on iTunes.
              sigpic

Comment

the question has been asked, what would make you watch sgu...and the topic of the thread isn't 'let me tell you how i disagree with you'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The body swapping sex has been my biggest issue with the show as well, and the fact that it and the consequences of the body sawp sex have never been satisfactorily addressed for me in-show.
                  I hasnt stopped me from watching it though, but I pretty much dislike the eps that focus on using the stones for personal use.
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly, after everything that went down with the way SGA was cancelled, the only thing that would get me to watch SGU is if they swapped the entire cast out for the SGA or SG1 folks and continued their stories. And since that is not going to happen, I guess there isn't anything.

ETA: or if BAG became the star of the show
                    sigpic

Comment

"What would make you continuously watch SGU?"
                      Nothing. I haven't watched any second of it so far and I plan to keep things that way (I haven't even seen the trailer that comes in one of the SGA s5 DVDs. I have my remote control ready and I skip it every time I play that DVD). I won't even watch the episode with David Hewlett and Robert Picardo. Joe Flanigan is the only actor who would make me watch a second of SGU. And even then, I would only watch his scenes on You Tube and that's it.

My only interest within the Stargate franchise is Atlantis and its core cast, especially Joe Flanigan. I have no interest in anything else in the franchise (zero interest in original movie, SG-1, SGU, etc). Not that I think Atlantis was flawless. Far from that. I thought the writing left much to be desired. But the SGA core cast with their personalities and the way they tried to work around bad scripts and bring life to those characters made me love the show and stick around despite the writing. I have zero loyalty to the Sargate franchise. My loyalty goes to the core SGA cast only.

I won't watch any other show produced/written by the SG producers/writers. Out of principle. Period. I didn't like how, IN MY OPINION, they've treated SGA since season 2. As an Atlantis fan, I felt that I was treated like a second class citizen by the SG PTB. I felt they always treated SGA - the show in general, its cast and fans - like the unwanted step-child. That's my opinion and how I've felt since SGA s2. If you - general you - feel different, great for you.

Even if SGU was a complete different show and even if that show had run simultaneously with SGA, I still wouldn't watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by lily View Post
                        My only interest within the Stargate franchise is Atlantis and its core cast, especially Joe Flanigan. I have no interest in anything else in the franchise (zero interest in original movie, SG-1, SGU, etc). Not that I think Atlantis was flawless. Far from that. I thought the writing left much to be desired. But the SGA core cast with their personalities and the way they tried to work around bad scripts and bring life to those characters made me love the show and stick around despite the writing. I have zero loyalty to the Sargate franchise. My loyalty goes to the core SGA cast only.
                        What was it about the cast/actors and personalities that enamored you to SGA?

Comment

What was it about the cast/actors and personalities that enamored you to SGA?
                          This is a really interesting question - you should make it a seperate topic!

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                            This is a really interesting question - you should make it a seperate topic!
                            Not a bad idea. I just might.

Comment

SGU needs quite an over haul. IF I'm going to watch they need to address the very concept of the show officially as part of the plot which is..."The wrong people in the wrong place." Because according to Daniel in SG-1 The "Stargate teams are made up of the highly skilled professionals" so wack jobs like Greer, Young, James and the guy who killed himself should be very very rare...the exception not the rule. It should be written in, in a very clever way and bring unity to the show.

I say bring in the SGA team or segments of it to take the ship and keep order.
                              They need a real skilled programer and a real assault team, not to mention a real leader. I can't count on both hands how many mistakes have happened on that ship that didn't make any sense. Just make it realistic and I might watch it.

Nay... Announce that you've made a mistake and you want us back...
                              Then I'll give it another try.

Comment

Working...
                              X