This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the ATA gene? May Contain Spoilers

Couldn't really find a thread to posted this so sorry if this has been asked before but who are the people with the ATA gene (artifical or not) on Atlantis?

I don't mind spoilers from the second half of the season just as long as its only on those who have the gene and nothing else.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

As of now, we know that both Jack O'Niell and Major Sheppard have it. Dr. Beckett also has it, but it is not as active. It is present, but it's abilities are resseccive.

Rodney also received it in 'Hide and Seek'. But I don't think the effects were permanent.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

O'Neil has it for sure? I thought there was speculation there since at the time he was using the chair he had all the knowledge of the Ancients seeping through him.

Also, does Daniel Jackson have the gene? I heard he ascended..but I guess that doesn't mean you have the gene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
        O'Neil has it for sure? I thought there was speculation there since at the time he was using the chair he had all the knowledge of the Ancients seeping through him.

Also, does Daniel Jackson have the gene? I heard he ascended..but I guess that doesn't mean you have the gene.
        Although Daniel Jackson is smart. He doesn't seem to have the gene even though he had ascended.
        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
          Although Daniel Jackson is smart. He doesn't seem to have the gene even though he had ascended.
          I believe that Daniel has the gene becuase
          Spoiler:
          in Rising, Jack asked him if he caused the drone to go active and he answer that it wasn't him.

Comment

Of course these are spoilers for the second half, because you would have been able to figure it out from the first half.

McKay has the ATA via Beckett's gene therapy. We know it's still active because
            (minor spoiler)
            Spoiler:
            Sheppard was continuing to teach McKay how to pilot the Puddle Jumper in The Defiant Ones

and
            (major, major spoiler, even if I say the ep it's a spoiler)
            Spoiler:
            it's a major plot point in Hot Zone.

Sgt Markham has the gene because
            (regular spoiler)
            Spoiler:
            he was piloting a Puddle Jumper in Thirty Eight Minutes, The Defiant One and The Brotherhood.

We also know some who definitely don't have it.

Weir doesn't have it, or they would have been bugging her about it by now. Ditto with Ford and Teyla, it would have been mentioned by now, I would think. Teyla does have that Wraith thing going for her, though.

Others that don't have the gene:
            (major, major spoilers)
            Spoiler:
            In Hot Zone, we learn that definitely Ford doesn't have it and hasn't has the gene therapy yet. That doesn't mean it won't work for him later, though. Personally, I think the stories would be better if he doesn't get it.

Zelenka had the gene therapy, but it didn't take.

These scientists do not have the ATA gene: Johnson, Wagner, Dumais, Petersen and Hayes.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              Sgt Markham has the gene because
              (regular spoiler)
              Spoiler:
              he was piloting a Puddle Jumper in Thirty Eight Minutes, The Defiant One and The Brotherhood.
              Sgt. Stackhouse appears to have it as well, for the same reason.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                Sgt. Stackhouse appears to have it as well, for the same reason.
                What about Markham? He has also been up front in the jumper but never seen if he's just a non-ATA copilot or not.

But considering "The Brotherhood"
                Spoiler:
                either Markham or Smith must have had it since they were in a jumper together and if only one has it then that means Bates probably doesn't since he was in jumper with Carson and if he could have flown it without Carson he probably would have.

So I'd conclude Bates doesn't have it and one of these two, Markham or Smith, must have it.

Comment

Markham has it, Stackhouse doesn't. Markham was piloting the jumper in 38 minutes and the Defiant One.

I believe that Daniel has the gene becuase in Rising, Jack asked him if he caused the drone to go active and he answer that it wasn't him.
                  That didn't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    Markham has it, Stackhouse doesn't. Markham was piloting the jumper in 38 minutes and the Defiant One.
                    I suspect that Stackhouse does have the ATA gene because he was with Beckett and Bates after the battle. It's possible he was the guy in the second seat (we've never actually seen him fly a Jumper), or maybe he's just listening in on the debrief because his buddy was killed. But I'm gonna stick with the simplest conclusion: Stackhouse flew the third Jumper.

Regarding the cast of SG-1, I think 'It's Good to be King' shows that O'Neill is the only one with the ATA gene. Surely, if Daniel had it, he would have at least tried to activate the thing.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I believe that Daniel has the gene becuase
                      Spoiler:
                      in Rising, Jack asked him if he caused the drone to go active and he answer that it wasn't him.
                      Originally posted by Teal'c
                      That didn't happen
                      Also,
                      Spoiler:
                      In Rising, Daniel was going to put his head in the ancient headsucker and Jack wouldn't let him. Jack said (paraphased), "Oh no you don't. Who's going to do the translating when you go ancient.

IMO, only those that have the gene can download the ancient libarary.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Also,
                        Spoiler:
                        In Rising, Daniel was going to put his head in the ancient headsucker and Jack wouldn't let him. Jack said (paraphased), "Oh no you don't. Who's going to do the translating when you go ancient.

IMO, only those that have the gene can download the ancient libarary.
                        Spoiler:
                        Daniel was going to attempt that in Lost City 1....not Rising. Also, Daniel, I doubt would not have been able to download the information, because he does not have the gene, based on the information we have. Jack has it. He put his head in, and downloaded the information. Daniel is the only one who has dealt with the Ancient Language before, so it makes sense for him to translate.

Also, I doubt PJs are gene controlled. I'm sure there is a manual way to drive them. I think the ATA gene just allows for more direct methods of piloting. Like we saw in Rising 2, when Sheppard was like 'Now, if only we had a way to find these guys' and then the map appeared on the screen. I'm sure you can pilot those things without the gene, and figure out everything manually.

O'Niell has the gene. He was able to activate two ancient chairs. He was also able to download two ancient libraries. He was also able to use the ancient information to build the anti-replicator gun. Case closed?

So yea greytop, only those with the Ancient Gene can download the libraries, so far...

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Stackhouse doesn't have to has the Gene just because he can fly a PJ... We interviewed Boyan Vukelic (the actor of Stackhouse) and he said:

"Anyone can fly the Puddle Jumper, you don’t need the Ancient gene to do so. I can’t reveal if Stackhouse has the gene or not."

You'll find the interview in a few days on Stargate-Project.com
                          Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thor
                            Stackhouse doesn't have to has the Gene just because he can fly a PJ... We interviewed Boyan Vukelic (the actor of Stackhouse) and he said:

"Anyone can fly the Puddle Jumper, you don’t need the Ancient gene to do so. I can’t reveal if Stackhouse has the gene or not."

You'll find the interview in a few days on Stargate-Project.com
                            Then they did Beckett fly the Jumper in 'The Eye' and not Ford.
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Spoilers from the Defiant One:

And how come the wrath, in the defiant one, couldn't fly the PJ?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X