Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might prefer it if they... (spoilers enemy at the gate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might prefer it if they... (spoilers enemy at the gate)

Now that a year has gone by I am thinking alittle different about the future of Atlantis. I might actually prefer it if they kept Atlantis on earth. There are alot of things that could be done in the Milky Way with atlantis. It would be alot different from SG1, so It wouldnt be a retread and could take the best of both shows. There would be some different characters. There are alot of people who will move to san francisco to work and not pegasus....

umm, i kinda like the team fighting the wraith in the pegasus galaxy ... maybe we could have their adventures as they fly (as opposed to the wormhole drive) the city back instead ...

Comment

And what about the people left in the PG? Do they leave them for the Wraith to annihilate?
      sigpic

Comment

we have no reason to go back to pegasus we got what we wanted, da lost city
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          we have no reason to go back to pegasus we got what we wanted, da lost city
          You aren't related to Rush by any chance
          sigpic

Comment

the senate appropriations was going to give the atlantis expedition more funding because of the "ancient technology in the pegasus galaxy" and the wraith posed a threat, there is not a big threat in the milkyway anymore and there still is tech in the pegasus galaxy thats not on atlantis - mini drones, warships, awesome power devices such as arcturas (if it worked) and zpm's

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              You aren't related to Rush by any chance
              no, but thwat would be cool'z

Comment

How about if the Wraith came to the Milky Way enmasse? Thatd be a very different story (and all the pegasus humans would cheer) Then It would be a very good reason to keep Atlantis here and put everything in danger. Cant cloak Earth and the Jaffa empire and the Tokra homeworld and all the Lucian Alliance. I suspect there would be warfare that would make the Ori invasion and hangnail.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  How about if the Wraith came to the Milky Way enmasse? Thatd be a very different story (and all the pegasus humans would cheer) Then It would be a very good reason to keep Atlantis here and put everything in danger. Cant cloak Earth and the Jaffa empire and the Tokra homeworld and all the Lucian Alliance. I suspect there would be warfare that would make the Ori invasion and hangnail.
                  Here's a twist for you, tell Todd where the supergate is to the Ori galaxy and let the wraith go feed on them. MWG= , PG=
                  OG=
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

But now the ori is on our side .
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      But now the ori is on our side .
                      the followers , the ori themselves are dead thanks to danny

Comment

Actually, a year after EATG, my opposition against keeping Atlantis on Earth infinitely has grown. Tie-in author Jo Graham made a very, very interesting observation in her LJ on the possible political impact of Atlantis on Earth, not only in the US but most of all in world politics, saying that keeping Atlantis on Earth poses the very great danger of pushing the already fragile equilibrium in world politics off kilter for good.

I don't know about you Americans but as a European, the thought of ultimate power (which is exactly what Atlantis is) in the hands of a country like the US which is already seen as a kind of world police who doesn't care about how others might find them imposing themselves on them by a lot of other nations (yes, this is how a lot of people from other countries see the US and some of them have really good reasons for it... grow up and deal with it) does make me a little uneasy (and I'm really not known for my anti-Americanism).

Try to think about what the heads of the states that very possibly know about Atlantis like Russia, China, the UK, France, Germany and others whose flags we have seen on Atlantis uniforms would say to Atlantis suddenly being on US territory. I don't think they'd be very happy about it.

And there's always the possibility of terrorism. Four air planes wreacked havoc on New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. Think about what four puddle jumpers fully equipped with drones could do to the world.

Jo Graham gave one possible outcome - dissemble Atlantis, so that no one has it all in their hands but the technology can still be kept and yes, I agree that this is the only possible solution, if you really want to keep it permanently on Earth. But do we really want that?

Of course it could also bring great help - think about what could have been done in Haiti or can be done now in Pakistan as desaster relief. However... let's be honest. How much trust do we really have in our leaders not to abuse something that grants as much power as Atlantis would? I for one do not trust my government to be able to handle it correctly. I don't doubt they'd mean well... but we all know that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Atlantis belongs out of anyone's national territoy. It belongs in the Pegasus galaxy, and the decision to keep it on Earth is so very short-sighted that I'm honestly wondering if TPTB have any idea about how world politics work... or if they're even watching the news.
                        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                        I will never accept defeat.
                        I will never quit.
                        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                        ------
                        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          And what about the people left in the PG? Do they leave them for the Wraith to annihilate?
                          why should we care?
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Here's a twist for you, tell Todd where the supergate is to the Ori galaxy and let the wraith go feed on them. MWG= , PG=
                            OG=
                            Priors would deal with Wraith better the Lanteans. They would kill wraith in few weeks
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              why should we care?
                              ...because it were the people from Earth that woke up the Wraith? And because usually, if you break something it's your job to fix it?
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                              I will never accept defeat.
                              I will never quit.
                              I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                              ------
                              "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Working...
                              X