Richard Dean Anderson SG1 Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dean Anderson SG1 Question??

Looking at the SG1 page on IMDB today I saw that RDA is only in 176 episodes of SG1 while Amanda Tapping is in 211 episodes? Did he leave the show early? Thanks for any help clearing this up! Just curious..

he wasnt in the ninth and tenth seasons, well he was in a few. and amanda also had a season of Atlantis too

Comment

Any reason why he wasn't on the show for 9 and 10 I am now not looking forward to those seasons. To me RDA is Stargate SG1..

Comment

RDA left the show after the 8th season in order to spend more time with his young daughter, who was about 7-8 at the time. She lived in Los Angeles, and he didn't get to see her much except on weekends, and he wanted to see her every day, so he left the show. He'd been wanting to do that for a long time, which is why he was in fewer episodes in the last couple of seasons. He spent less time in Vancouver each week, so his time in some episodes was also limited. He did agree to come back in seasons 9 and 10 for about 5 episodes, so we do see him in a couple of SG1 episodes, as well as a couple of SGA episodes.

Comment

Hey Thanks!

Comment

Does the suffer when he more or less left the show?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              RDA left the show after the 8th season in order to spend more time with his young daughter, who was about 7-8 at the time. She lived in Los Angeles, and he didn't get to see her much except on weekends, and he wanted to see her every day, so he left the show. He'd been wanting to do that for a long time, which is why he was in fewer episodes in the last couple of seasons. He spent less time in Vancouver each week, so his time in some episodes was also limited. He did agree to come back in seasons 9 and 10 for about 5 episodes, so we do see him in a couple of SG1 episodes, as well as a couple of SGA episodes.
              and a recurring role in SGU
              Originally posted by mrjafunk View Post
              You feel the pain of him limiting his role in season 8. something feels off. but season 9 & 10 are designed to work without him around. so you don't miss him that much.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by mrjafunk View Post
                There's really nothing wrong with Seasons 9 or 10; just three new characters. Some people hated or disliked the changes; others thought it was great. You would have to decide for yourself what you think. There are a number of good episodes, and others that aren't so great - but that's a matter of opinion, of course.

Comment

I sort of felt like seasons 9 and 10 were a different show. I still liked it, but for me, SG-1 ends with the last episode of season 8. It's almost like seasons 1-8 were Book 1, and Book 2 was seasons 9 and 10. Still beloved, yet different.

Comment

Originally posted by eridani View Post
                    I sort of felt like seasons 9 and 10 were a different show. I still liked it, but for me, SG-1 ends with the last episode of season 8. It's almost like seasons 1-8 were Book 1, and Book 2 was seasons 9 and 10. Still beloved, yet different.
                    They were going to rename Stargate: SG-1 to Stargate Command for seasons 9/10.

So yeah, it sort of is a different show.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                      They were going to rename Stargate: SG-1 to Stargate Command for seasons 9/10.

So yeah, it sort of is a different show.
                      wish they had

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        wish they had
                        Might have lasted a few more seasons if they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                          Might have lasted a few more seasons if they had.
                          it would have syfy wouldn't have had the rights to cancel it. or something like that. it's some legal thing

Comment

Season 9 ans the first half of Season 10 do feel like a different show, there are some good episodes but they're a few bad ones too. The second half of Season 10, SG-1 gets its spirit back imo, those feel like SG1 eps not SGC eps to me
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

To me Mitchell was a really good replacement for O'Neill. Teal'c even said in an episode that there are times where Mitchell reminded him of O'Neill and I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X