Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 1-3 planets from scifi would you most want to safely crash land on and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 1-3 planets from scifi would you most want to safely crash land on and why?

If you had to safely crash on any planet from scifi and/or scifi fantasy (be it from Star Trek, Stargate, from literature, film, TV, videogames), what 1-3 fave planets would you most want to crash on and please separately say why, for each one named.

Risa (Star Trek) -- Unlimited hedonism? Sign me up!

Earth (Futurama) -- Too much fun

Boomtown, Water (Lexx) -- Only geeky and a few others on this forum will understand
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

T2 - come on, Riddick and hammerheads, that would be neat

The planet from the Aliens movie (2) - Ripley and Aliens = cool!

Arrakis - it's the spice, man!
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

1. Gallifrey (Doctor Who) - before the timewar i would get my own Tardis
        2. Pandora ( Avatar) i want to see this shining plants
        3. Orilla ( Stargate/ Planet from the Asgard) it would be great to live with the asgard
        sigpic

Comment

1. Lantea (Atlantis) - id steal atlantis and fly it on home. (provided it was there at the time)
          2. Planet XXX (Futurama) - Nude beach planet anyone?
          3. Trel (Escyos) - my own series, a myriad of awesome technology to bring home

Comment

1) Gallifrey (Doctor Who) - the reason has already been said.
            2) Sateda prior to Wraith War (SGA) - Looks freaking COOL!!!
            3) Pandora (Avatar) - Do I need to say more?
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Orilla (SG-1) - Asgard planet looks amazing
              Tollana (SG-1) - Tollan, advanced technology, can learn lots
              The planet Maybourne was on in SG-1 where he was king...obviously so I can do that too and get all those wonderful ladies around me all the time
              sigpic

Comment

I think the standard sex planet/women only planet/xxx planet is a definite must. I'd also go for Cybertron and possibly Nar Shadaa.

sigpic

Comment

1.) Any planet that'll guarantee me a ride on Moya (Farscape)

2.) Arrakis (Dune). I could imagine playing w/ shields and lasers (from a safe distance), and chanting the 'Litany Against Fear' while calling a sandworm...and, yes, 'tasting' spice.

3.) Coruscant (Star Wars), but only if I'm 'force sensitive' (it'd suck to be in the SW Universe when you can't force choke/push people )...otherwise, Earth in a cyberpunk 'state' (check out the latest trailer for the upcoming Deus Ex game, or the cleaner post-cyberpunk setting of Ghost in the Shell: SAC...or the Magic+Cyberpunk setting of Shadowrun ).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    Orilla (SG-1) - Asgard planet looks amazing
                    Tollana (SG-1) - Tollan, advanced technology, can learn lots
                    The planet Maybourne was on in SG-1 where he was king...obviously so I can do that too and get all those wonderful ladies around me all the time
                    you read/speak ancient?

Comment

Qu'nos, Lantea, and Vulcan
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

1. Earth - Chicago (Dresdenverse) – cool universe with all sorts of baddies and of course good guy wizard Harry Dresden.

2. Garden - Water Planet (Lexx) – a peaceful place with lots of gardens with no people accept for the gardeners. Not a dangerous place to be in accept if you see Lyekka wanting to make you happy.

3. TV world – Lafftrak (Lexx) – a planet where permanent guests watch TV shows all day.
                        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

-risa, even though I would have blown it up when they tried to take over the federation in that spooky episode where wesley saves the day *shudders* (star trek)

-trantor in its heyday (foundation series)

-new york in the movie soylent green, provided I have an appartment with "furniture"
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                            -risa, even though I would have blown it up when they tried to take over the federation in that spooky episode where wesley saves the day *shudders* (star trek)
                            You mean the one with the game? I don't think that was Risa trying to take over. I think it was probably an infiltrator from some other planet taking advantage of Risa being a big time tourist destination to spread the brainwashing game as much as they could.

Comment

Actually, it was the Kitarians (spelling probably wrong), not the Risans that invented the game. The Kitarians are tied to the Orian syndicate so that would explain thier interest in de-stabilizing the federation.

As for my planets to live on:

The home planet of the Baku from ST: Insurection, immortality anyone, hell yeah.

Concillium Orb from the Galactic Melieu trilogy by Julian May, All the great races of the series living togeather in metapsychic unity seems good to me.

Ancient controlled Lantea, 'cause who doesn't want to hang out with the ancients?
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X