Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Caprica done?

Hi

First I don't mean this to be a flame or troll or any other stupidity.

Has Caprica gone off Syfy's radar?

I (personally) wasn't overly impressed with Caprica's first episodes (too slow in my option). But a couple of episodes, particularly end of line showed promise, hopefully of a slightly faster paced back half. What are peoples thoughts on the huge gap between the season halfs? Sinister, indifferent, an attempt to make a new splash?

Most important, do you think there'll be a 2nd season to start developing the presumed series arc?

BG was brilliant at this and I think if they get a 2nd season they'll also get a 4th or 5th. How long are the actors contracted? How long can they wait to start new production before losing their cast / crew / etc?
    Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
    Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
    Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
    Song: Louder!
    Dalek louder: Mercy!
    Song: One more time.
    Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

There was a trailer for the second half of the season which looked pretty cool though Alessandra Torresani seems to be aggressively campaigning for a second season on Twitter already.

Comment

I'd suggest reading all of the most recent 5 or so pages in the News thread. We've talked about it rather extensively.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The second part of the first season airs in January 2011. So no it's not "done" or canceled, etc.

Regarding the large hiatus, yeah, it sucks, but it doesn't seem out of the ordinary considering that BSG had the same long gaps.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Those gaps were torturous. Thank frak I have the show on Blu-Ray now.

Comment

Maybe its just cause I'm from the UK and we don't normally have mid season breaks at all.
            Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
            Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
            Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
            Song: Louder!
            Dalek louder: Mercy!
            Song: One more time.
            Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

my (uninformed) impression is that they're treating the show this way to string out the decision on the second season as long as they can... I mean given the length of the mid season break they basically turned it into two consecutive short seasons already.
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                my (uninformed) impression is that they're treating the show this way to string out the decision on the second season as long as they can... I mean given the length of the mid season break they basically turned it into two consecutive short seasons already.
                Pretty sad if you ask me.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As frustrating as it is for us, it might be better in the long run if they don't make a decision until after 1.5 has started or finished. With the show changing showrunner hands in the second half, it's entirely possible that the show could wildly change tone and/or pick up an increased viewer share. I almost think it would be better if Syfylis adopted a 'wait and see' tactic.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by YsoL8 View Post
                    Maybe its just cause I'm from the UK and we don't normally have mid season breaks at all.
                    So am I. We're going to have to get used to it as more shows air right after they air in the US. The longer Sky and co wait the greater chance a show has of being pirated to hell which reduces the ad-watching audience.

Comment

Well maybe airing during a time of year when not a lot of "new shows" are airing on most networks will help, but it doesn't look promising!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think, if it gets a season 2, it will only be 13 episodes.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

13 a year is better than the current 9 a year

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                            13 a year is better than the current 9 a year
                            Doesn't the pilot count as two? So, 10 a year right?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

The show has been unofficially cancelled or renewed. lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X