SGU's stargate material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU's stargate material

I'm not sure if the question has been asked or not, but what are the SGU's stargates made of exactly ?

I highly doubt it is naquadah since it would be present through all the universe, then what does the seeder ships use to create new gates then ?
    sigpic

Naquadact , you can find it in all the galaxy , and it's pretty hard to build a gate without it
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
      Naquadact , you can find it in all the galaxy , and it's pretty hard to build a gate without it
      Orlin.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Pretty hard != impossible, especially for a descended Ancient...

I dont see any reason to believe its not naquadah, its supposed to be a common element, except on Earth where it was either anomalously missing, or the Goa'uld/Ancients mined it all out millenia ago....

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
          Pretty hard != impossible, especially for a descended Ancient...

I dont see any reason to believe its not naquadah, its supposed to be a common element, except on Earth where it was either anomalously missing, or the Goa'uld/Ancients mined it all out millenia ago....
          If you understand the physics behind the Stargate, I'm pretty sure you could emulate what Orlin did.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Naquadah or another similar superconductive element.

The gate Orlin built was a one-time use gate as the material he made it from was burnt out. If the material isn't superconductive, the gate won't hold up.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
              Naquadah or another similar superconductive element.

The gate Orlin built was a one-time use gate as the material he made it from was burnt out. If the material isn't superconductive, the gate won't hold up.
              But it did create a viable wormhole.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                But it did create a viable wormhole.
                True, but the "Mini-Gate" was unusable after that. Hence the need for a super-conductive material. Anything less just can't hold up to the energy requirements of gate travel.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                  True, but the "Mini-Gate" was unusable after that. Hence the need for a super-conductive material. Anything less just can't hold up to the energy requirements of gate travel.
                  The metals were readily available. My point was that you could build a gate that could connect to the Ancient's network without naquadah, albeit a one time link.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    The metals were readily available. My point was that you could build a gate that could connect to the Ancient's network without naquadah, albeit a one time link.
                    Oh definitely! Don't get me wrong, I agree that a gate made out of non-superconductive materials is quite possible. But in terms of a Stargate that can be used more than one time (possibly over and over within minutes of each use), it would have to be made of a superconductive material.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just that its highly unlikely that a Destiny-model Stargate would be built without using superconductive materials such as naquadah or something similar.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think they are made out of out of naquadah like sg1 gates
                      but they probably have some naquadah in them
                      they might not need super conductive materials because of there limited range.
                      it could be a reason behind the limited range

Comment

orlin's gate most likely wasn't just one-time but heavily distance-limited.

the Destiny gates are made of naquahdah, anything else burns out way too fast and most likely will oxidise away

Comment

and the fact that the gates on SGU are distance limited has nothing to do whit the composition of the gate , it's just that little remote doesn't have the power to dial anywhere else
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            orlin's gate most likely wasn't just one-time but heavily distance-limited.
                            Not trying to be rude or matter-of-factly or anything but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eG6C...eature=related

Go to about 4:25 in the video and Orlin himself will explain how his gate works.
                            sigpic

Comment

oh it could dial a few adresses. wow.

judging by the humongous amount of sparks, the Destiny gates aren't made of regular materials.

also a Seeder ship can just mine sufficient naquahdah for dozens of gates, leaving plenty of time to find the next naquahdah planet

Comment

Working...
                              X