PDA

View Full Version : Around the Bend (206)

Madwelshboy
August 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Episode Synopsis: Pete has a secret assignment, and runs into a former flame (Tia Carrere), which may result in him betraying the team. Original Air Date: Aug 10, 2010

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Rickington
August 10th, 2010, 06:49 PM
It looks like Pete has lost his marbles... :P

jelgate
August 10th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm kind of disappointed.

I like the start with Pete being recuritied by Mrs. Fredricks to undergo an undergo a secret investigation to see who is a mole. I liked see the pain of leading a double life followed by going vigilante to track down Volda. It looked so cool and showing how far Pete would go if people he cared about were threatened.

But I'm a little disappointed this seems to get tatinted by an artifact is actually making Pete mentally unstable. I don't know it just seems to lessen the drama and fun of Pete going vigilantee. Kind of feels like a cop out. Its not to say making Pete sane was boring but the vigilantee part was more fun then the crazy Pete.

About the B plot it felt fillerish. Thier didn't seem a point to it.

DigiFluid
August 10th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Well that was a bit intense for a Warehouse 13 episode.

And were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was Valda's lapel pin an Eye of Horus?

mandogater
August 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM

I like the start with Pete being recuritied by Mrs. Fredricks to undergo an undergo a secret investigation to see who is a mole. I liked see the pain of leading a double life followed by going vigilante to track down Volda. It looked so cool and showing how far Pete would go if people he cared about were threatened.

But I'm a little disappointed this seems to get tatinted by an artifact is actually making Pete mentally unstable. I don't know it just seems to lessen the drama and fun of Pete going vigilantee. Kind of feels like a cop out. Its not to say making Pete sane was boring but the vigilantee part was more fun then the crazy Pete.

About the B plot it felt fillerish. Thier didn't seem a point to it.

I have got to agree with you on this one. This episode was great right to the moment we found out an artifact was messing with Pete's head.

badwolfSG
August 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I give it a three out of Five. I didn't like crazy Pete, I thought the ending was cool.

SunKrux
August 10th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I guess I'm alone. I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense and it was all due to his not being able to keep his hands off stuff. Now maybe he'll grow up a little. ;) It was touching how worried Myka, Artie & Claudia were for him. Equally touching was Mrs. F worrying about him.

This ep showed how much they've all grown together as a family. It showed how Pete would do anything to keep his team (family) safe. It showed that Myka, Artie & Claudia would do the same thing for him.

DigiFluid
August 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense
Mid-sentence seizure? ;)

MIZA
August 11th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I guess I'm alone. I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense and it was all due to his not being able to keep his hands off stuff. Now maybe he'll grow up a little. ;) It was touching how worried Myka, Artie & Claudia were for him. Equally touching was Mrs. F worrying about him.

This ep showed how much they've all grown together as a family. It showed how Pete would do anything to keep his team (family) safe. It showed that Myka, Artie & Claudia would do the same thing for him.

I tend to not like the episodes where they make the main characters go crazy, but i did like this episode it was so cute ! i loved pete making out by himself , and how he can make fun of himself, now he knows to keep his hands to himself

Spimman
August 11th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I really liked this episode a lot. Sure, I admit I would have liked the Mrs. F secret mission to have been real and maybe there will be something to it in the future but I still really enjoyed the episode. I knew it was fake once he started making out with that chick and then got in bed with her, Pete wouldn't do that when lives were at stake. I liked seeing many of them in a serious role, but at the same time Pete cracked me up on multiple occasions. I love all the humor of the character relationships!

So I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of the Regents, this could be interesting!

Rickington
August 11th, 2010, 07:08 AM

I agree, I was disappointed when I found out that it was all a hallucination in Pete's head. I really wish the conspiracy was real. It would have made a good long-term plot.

Gate Ranger
August 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I liked this one except i wish Valda actually had been the bad guy.

(valda actually did play a bad guy in the show 24.)

mr_kennedy
August 11th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Great episode, 8/10

Crazy Pete
Vigilante Pete
Mark Shephard :D and he was a baddie which is even better
More Mrs Frederick
I liked the fact that it was kind of like Agent Bearing vs Agent Latamer

the fifth man
August 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Really great episode Tuesday night. I am really enjoying Season 2 thus far.

mandogater
August 11th, 2010, 10:03 PM

You make some very good points. However, if they had went with the secret mission being real, it could have been expanded into a really good two parter IMHO.

SunKrux
August 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM
You make some very good points. However, if they had went with the secret mission being real, it could have been expanded into a really good two parter IMHO.

eh, to each his/her own. I really loved this ep as it showcased Eddie's range which was awesome. I liked that it was all in his head. Now maybe Pete will be a little more cautious about touching artifacts as often as he does. ;) lol

mandogater
August 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Now maybe Pete will be a little more cautious about touching artifacts as often as he does. ;) lol

I'm not sure there is anything on this planet, artifact or not, that will keep Pete from doing that.

Killdeer
August 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I think it was a good episode overall, but I admit I too was a little disappointed to find out that Pete was hallucinating the whole thing. I still enjoyed it though - I enjoy Pete more when we see his more serious side rather than the total goofball act.

lordofseas
August 14th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I like the hallucination plotline. I guess those types of storylines are something that you either like or dislike. But, I think Eddie and the cast pulled it off really well.

Also, where's DSG1 complaining about LOL (Lack of Leena)?

AresLover452
August 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I loved the ending where Pete sees he halucination recording of him kissing thin air.... lmao!

Or Claudia when she says, "Yeah that would be like me putting out a cake with a note that says, 'Not for Artie'"

Artie: that was one time.

Loved it!!!

Killdeer
August 16th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Or Claudia when she says, "Yeah that would be like me putting out a cake with a note that says, 'Not for Artie'"

Artie: that was one time.

Loved it!!!

That was a hilarious scene. :)

Spimman
August 16th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Now maybe Pete will be a little more cautious about touching artifacts as often as he does. ;) lol

I'm not sure there is anything on this planet, artifact or not, that will keep Pete from doing that.

Let's hope they don't have to find the Original Pillsbury Cookie Dough recipe because Pete might implode on that one! :p

AresLover452
August 17th, 2010, 11:20 PM
That was a hilarious scene. :)

That was my fave next to pete kissing thin air!!

aretood2
August 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Let's hope they don't have to find the Original Pillsbury Cookie Dough recipe because Pete might implode on that one! :p

O.O...I can see it now :P

I doubt anyone was expecting Pete to be losing his marbles...though I did think, after awhile, that his behavior was a tad too erratic...but that fits since he wasn't right in the head.

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
O.O...I can see it now :P

I doubt anyone was expecting Pete to be losing his marbles...though I did think, after awhile, that his behavior was a tad too erratic...but that fits since he wasn't right in the head.

LOL...I can see the pilsbury implosion as well! ;) Too funny!

Linda06
October 29th, 2010, 07:25 AM
So Pete was crazy...Or should I say crazier :p

Good ep I thought but I too was a little disappointed that it was all a hallucination. It's was great seeing Tia Carrere (not sure if I spelt it right ;)). I used to love Relic hunter :D

mandogater
October 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
So Pete was crazy...Or should I say crazier :p

Good ep I thought but I too was a little disappointed that it was all a hallucination. It's was great seeing Tia Carrere (not sure if I spelt it right ;)). I used to love Relic hunter :D

I miss that show!!!!

Linda06
October 30th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I miss that show!!!!

So do I. It was a good show.

Angela V
November 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
YEAH! Finally in Canada we are getting more episodes again.

Nice to see the Warehouse family again! And Mark Shepard always a delight.

I sure didn't see it coming. Pete going crazy. He's always crazy so how am I suppose to guess that he IS crazy! :D I told my hubby that Pete reminded me of our daughter when he was touching everything. She's SIX. ;)

DutchCarterLover
July 15th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Nope you are not alone. just finnished watching this episode.

Beginning was good, Pete going after the big boss to protect his friends was cool, brilliant part for me was he was exposed to an artifact ( he asked for it playing with all those items :D ), didnt see that one coming till Kate got shot by snipers. had some good jokes in it too, I just love how Pete couldnt care or was emberassed about him fake kissing someone.

I gve this episode 8.5/10