This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before i sleep muck up?

i was watching the SGA episode Before I Sleep. when the old weir explains what happened the first time they came to the city she said that 3 of them got into a Time traveling Jumper. but when sheppard activated the device in the jumper room the jumped back to the past and into space wiv the drive pods extended, how is this posable?
    The one, The only

the planet was in a different location 10,000 years ago, and the pods may have extended when it appeared in space or deployed when sheppard turn the jumper on

Comment

They were extended while you see Sheppard saying "What the hell?" because the Jumper detected it was in space? I dunno...

Comment

Were the drive pods extended the previous times we saw the time-travel Jumper - "It's Good to be the King" and "Moebius" ?

Comment

I thought this was gonna be that in both timelines they find cloth over the consoles. However when the Ancients leave they don't put cloth over the consoles, Weir does. Weir wasn't there the first time, and the Ancients didn't do it the second time so why would they have done it the first time?
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Nike_798 View Post
            i was watching the SGA episode Before I Sleep. when the old weir explains what happened the first time they came to the city she said that 3 of them got into a Time traveling Jumper. but when sheppard activated the device in the jumper room the jumped back to the past and into space wiv the drive pods extended, how is this posable?
            Well, it sorta makes sense. The Ancients probably had another jumper (or the same jumper just at that time) parked where the jumper time traveled from, if it transported to space as it timetraveled there would be a much lesser chance that it would suddenly appear inside another solid object.
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              I thought this was gonna be that in both timelines they find cloth over the consoles. However when the Ancients leave they don't put cloth over the consoles, Weir does. Weir wasn't there the first time, and the Ancients didn't do it the second time so why would they have done it the first time?

Janus was responsible and he told Weir to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                Gremlins.

Comment

Magnets
                  sigpic

Comment

The whole spatial movement thing is a flaw. They wrote it that way because if the jumper appeared in the jumper bay then all three of them would have been alive.

As for what should have happened? If you time jump do you do so relative to the center of the earth, the sun, the center of the galaxy, what? Time jumping through gates means you have to come out another gate, so that's covered, but just popping out into another timeline leaves a whole lot of other problems.

As for the cloth coverings...not very ancient to begin with, but yeah, they shouldn't have been there in the first timeline if Weir was the one responsible for them. Good catch JMB.
                    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

why is the spacial movement a flaw? you move back in time. planet goes round the sun. so you naturally end up somewhere else. since gates act as a homing beacon for time wormholes, that's covered. i don't see the flaw.

As for the cloth coverings...not very ancient to begin with, but yeah, they shouldn't have been there in the first timeline if Weir was the one responsible for them. Good catch JMB.
                      failure in reasoning.

remember that everything after Weir arrived changed. this means that while Janus was talking to weir and taking his research with him in the second timeline, he kept his time jumper in atlantis the first time and also he could've put the cloth on there.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        why is the spacial movement a flaw? you move back in time. planet goes round the sun. so you naturally end up somewhere else. since gates act as a homing beacon for time wormholes, that's covered. i don't see the flaw.

failure in reasoning.

remember that everything after Weir arrived changed. this means that while Janus was talking to weir and taking his research with him in the second timeline, he kept his time jumper in atlantis the first time and also he could've put the cloth on there.
                        Why would ancients use cloth? And if they did, when Moros and Janus left they knew they weren't covered, so why didn't they make sure they were before they left? It was just a scene to have Elizabeth doing it, and it wasn't very well thought out.

The spatial movement assumes a grid-like structure to the universe where you can plot points...but if that were true the jumper would end up outside the star system after 10,000 years. Remember, it's not just the planet moving around the star, it's the star moving around the center of the galaxy...and oh wait, the galaxy moving relative to other galaxies. You time jump and suddenly you're not in the same 'place.'

Same thing with SG-1 in Moebius. They comment the stars are in different positions, yet they happen to still be in Earth orbit. Logic failure here.
                        Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                          Why would ancients use cloth?
                          some things just never go out of style
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                          X