Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet with a possible power source to gate destiny....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet with a possible power source to gate destiny....

So far only planets with enough naqaudah (core or mines) can produce enough energy to power the gate... AS for ZPM's we're not sure how many would be needed to gate...

Now what about the fog planet from SGA (S1E9) that is completely covered by a mist... Only to be a form of ascension for the civilization that lived there... Now by what Rodney said there's a lot of energy on that planet...

Would it be enough to open a wormhole to Destiny Seeing as the gate draws power from the Atmosphere (fog)? sure its mass murder in a global scale..hahah... But lets pretend that part was never known.

i doubt it, i imagine that if a nearly depleted zpm can open a wormhole to pegasus for a few minutes and an entire planet of naquadria is needed to dial destiny, there is either significantly more power needed or a more constant stream of energy needed.

Comment

^^True... The one thing mentioned on that episode was that an 8th address is possible... But we don't know how much of the fog covers the planet... It has a constant level of energy... If it does cover the entire planet then possibly it is possible... Right now the only known means of dialing destiny is by a planet sized load of naquadah... The fog provides a steady flow of energy and is abundant...
      But i guess the only way to know for sure is to know 2 things...
      1. Does it cover the entire planet.. If it does then that's an enormous amount of power
      2. In total how much energy does that planet have

Comment

Originally posted by lvalen18 View Post
        ^^True... The one thing mentioned on that episode was that an 8th address is possible... But we don't know how much of the fog covers the planet... It has a constant level of energy... If it does cover the entire planet then possibly it is possible... Right now the only known means of dialing destiny is by a planet sized load of naquadah... The fog provides a steady flow of energy and is abundant...
        But i guess the only way to know for sure is to know 2 things...
        1. Does it cover the entire planet.. If it does then that's an enormous amount of power
        2. In total how much energy does that planet have
        NAQUADRIA not naquadah, which is significantly more energy, i think it was mentioned that it was exponentially more energy the more you tried to take out. the fog is finite and probably gone in the initial dialling and wouldnt work

Comment

You would kill the aliens of that planet in order to dial the Destiny?

Comment

I see your point... And @Inquisitor ... NO...prob... Hey bet you didnt think about the little woodlands animals in Icarus or da LA planet? wound you kill icarus Bambi? o wait it got ripped apart by the explosion...how you feel now?

Yea to answear you question... Yes Yes I Would kill those Aliens Ima Murder... call me... Fog Murder
            Last edited by lvalen18; 08 August 2010, 02:52 AM. Reason: Question / Answear

Comment

do you really believe such animals live on Icarus planets?

Comment

But those aliens were sentient?

Comment

humans are sentient to, yest people still go around killing each other

Comment

One sentient species killing each other is fine, but one sentient species killing another sentient species is not...
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

No it's a xenophobic genocide
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

i don't think aliens would like it if we nuked their planet just to get naquahdriah

Comment

bambi was magical and so was the explosion.... But there where animals or like flying monkeys or something on that planet you cant deny that.... Where there animals on Icarus.. Yes there was... any proof to that... Well humans survived there..
                          SO Oxygen (Check)
                          ozone (check)
                          stable climate (check)
                          Theres nothing to say otherwise

Comment

Well the aliens won't like it , but i would enjoy it , whit a cola and some popcorn
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

a) what we saw of Icarus doesnt make any suggestion that Icarus Base was a non-shielded/non-artificial environment. Its entirely possible that Icarus was inhospitable to life, and the SGC constructed a hospitable base there.

b) The fog was no more than, generously, 10' high on the planet when we saw it. Lets just go crazy and call it a mile high, for giggles. Assuming an Earth-sized planet, given the gravity observed, a 1 mile thick shell the size of Earth is MUCH less volume than a non-hollow sphere the size of Earth....the fog would have to be thousands if not millions of times more energy-dense than naquadriah (one of if not the most energy-dense material in Stargate) to provide enough power to dial Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X