Comm stones theory - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comm stones theory - SPOILERS

After reading some threads on the possible uses for the stones and how/when did the ancients ascend, I started thinking about what the comm stones where really meant for. Thread in Sci and Tech because of the stones...

We know that the comm stones let you switch consciousness with another person so you can communicate with them across great distances. We also know that when a person ascends to a higher plane, they are moving their consciousness to another plane.

So I started thinking, how much to the comm stones themselves have to do with Ascension? It doesn't seem logical to me to build the stones for communication alone. My theory is they were made to help understand what the consciousness is and how it can survive without a person's original body. This was done without energy from the person, the stones provide that. When a person ascends, their body disappears to help create enough energy to move to a different plane.

In Time, Rush talked about Ascension, so while we may never see any ancients, I think it's important that he brought it up. Also, it could be a reason why the stones have had such a big role...
    My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

i doubt it, the stones transfer you to another person, theres is only a slight difference between your body and ascension and someone elses body and ascension. i think they are primarily used for communcations. it allows you to talk to another person through another.

Comment

What would be cooler is a sub-space iPhone.

Comment

In theory ascension is the process that allows you to separate yourself from your (physical) body and then to exist for all eternity as pure energy. This in a higher plane of existence. It is a direct result of obtaining a certain level of wisdom and/or knowledge.

AFAIK and IMHO this is not really related to the stones which are merely a communication device allowing to switch bodies.
        Last edited by Jper; 05 August 2010, 04:22 PM.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Well we saw that the stones existed before the exodus from the ori home galaxy to the MW, and that was before ascention I think
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

No, it's purely communication, otherwise the consciousness would leave the body and go into the stone, doesnt make sense. Plus the stones are constantly connected, so the consciousness doesnt really leave the body if you think about it, it's just a channelsystem.

Comment

Just like i said in 5 or so different topics , the stones use some sort of telepathy , accessing a evolved part of the brain .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I posted this in another thread: It's possible that they tap into a unique trait of the ancient/human/any sentient being with the possibility of ascension present in their physiology, like extending a latent telepathic ability.

The Ancients performed a lot of experiments regarding ascension, this could be a rudimentary device that accesses one side of that capability.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Working...
                X