Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Comet and SG: Resistance... future games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Comet and SG: Resistance... future games?

Apologies if this should go in another thread, search didnt pull up anything.

From what I understand Dark Comet is doing good things with Resistance. What are the odds they could make a solo player game with what they have already. All the modelling and graphics are already done. How much more $$ and time would be needed for an action/rpg or some other sort of game to be produced?

Clearly since its still running, it is a viable game with an audience. How much more could they make from a static project with almost all the programming already done?

/crossing fingers for a console game at some point

it's not that hard , they need to script the missions , add some more graphics for the bad guys some support for a cinematic mode to use it as intros to missions and some voices for missions , possibly the voices of the real actors , but it could take maximum a year
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

The Resistance game is based of the Unreal engine, so it is very easy to create singleplayermissions.
      I also have the Unreal engine development kit installed and I have to say, it is very userfriendly.
      My conclusions would be that, or they make resistance even better, update by update, and even add a singleplayermode in eventually.
      Or that they make something totally new, if they can invest in it ofcourse. The investing part has to be realistic, cause an experienced compagny should be able to estimate the time it needs to create such a product.

Comment

and programing is easy , well if they make a SP then i will buy resistance
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          and programing is easy , well if they make a SP then i will buy resistance
          I didnt say it is easy, only the possibilities are there

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post

From what I understand Dark Comet is doing good things with Resistance. What are the odds they could make a solo player game with what they have already. All the modelling and graphics are already done. How much more $$ and time would be needed for an action/rpg or some other sort of game to be produced?

Clearly since its still running, it is a viable game with an audience. How much more could they make from a static project with almost all the programming already done?

From what I've heard, it really isn't. The reviews have been dire.

Comment

they are doing a lot with the game, it's definitely improved. And there is actually some talk that there will be a single player mode at some point.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Really all they need is simple objectives like 'get in the pyramid, kill the boss and get out'. Toss in some puzzles and multiple ways to do it and viola!

Do they have the material created for SG worlds?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  From what I've heard, it really isn't. The reviews have been dire.
                  Well, you heard it correct, only since they've taken over the game it has improved enormously, the reviews are from the first version.
                  But I agree that they need a good singleplayer to make it really good, but to be honest, I think they better off creating a whole new version (with a slightly different title), because now it costed me 15 euro's ( approx. 19 US dollars) and I think that then the price is too low for the game as it is now, if they would add a singleplayer option. (low is good, but it is not realistic)

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                    Well, you heard it correct, only since they've taken over the game it has improved enormously, the reviews are from the first version.
                    But I agree that they need a good singleplayer to make it really good, but to be honest, I think they better off creating a whole new version (with a slightly different title), because now it costed me 15 euro's ( approx. 19 US dollars) and I think that then the price is too low for the game as it is now, if they would add a singleplayer option. (low is good, but it is not realistic)
                    It would probably be in a paid expasnsion pack
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Really all they need is simple objectives like 'get in the pyramid, kill the boss and get out'. Toss in some puzzles and multiple ways to do it and viola!

Do they have the material created for SG worlds?
                      From what I understand, all assets that belong to Firesky has been frozen, pending legal cases an so fourth, STR was sold to dark comet before the legal case began, dark comet is run by former investors of Firesky.
                      It would a bucket load of money to unfreeze those assets, anything up to 10 millions dollars I have heard bounded around at one time or a other. You probably could easily triple that just complete the game.

I suspect if they can continue to grow STR an continue to bring in cash then yes they will invest in future games.

I suspect through if MGM was not in such a messed it self they would came in an either took over the place an run it themselves or closed it down by now.

Comment

Worlds can't have been that far from completion, they were already Beta testing. I'm surprised they didn't just release it a bit buggy, they could have used the cash flow to carry on work and just fix it as they go along with patches.

Comment

Worlds can't have been that far from completion, they were already Beta testing. I'm surprised they didn't just release it a bit buggy, they could have used the cash flow to carry on work and just fix it as they go along with patches.
                          I agree, even if they did focus on a minimal version that got expanded along the way, it wouldve been fine.

Comment

4 get the PC gaming route all together. Have a re designed game with a Single Player campaign on both the PS3 and 360, get the absolute best out of the game in terms of performance anyway. More gamers will have access to the game and maybe more "noobies" will start playing. Stargate Resistance needs the consoles to deliver a great game, it'll be the only way the franchise will succeed in the game market, the PC does have enough gamers these days when the top 3 PC games are STARCRAFT 2, StarCraft 1 and WOW.
                            They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                              I agree, even if they did focus on a minimal version that got expanded along the way, it wouldve been fine.
                              Except they did not have the money to pay for the servers or the staff to even launch the game in any form. They owed a server farm a pile of cash for the beta testing.
                              Also they were only in early stages of beta from what I have read, the version that was tested contained a lot of bugs, several posts around the web said it was not even playable in the beta form an a long way from a release.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 06 August 2010, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X