Sly Solo? Stallone Admits He Was Considered for 'Star Wars'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sly Solo? Stallone Admits He Was Considered for 'Star Wars'

"He was a scrappy underdog from Philly who got a shot at the heavyweight title. He was also a Vietnam vet out for justice. He was even a truck driver turned professional arm wrestler. But he missed his chance to be a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder.

In a recent question-and-answer session with the readers of Ain't-It-Cool-News, Sylvester Stallone opened up about the roles he has played in his career, plus a few that he didn't. Most notably, he revealed that he was actually considered for the role of Han Solo in the original "Star Wars."

Movie Talk

This is really interesting. It's cool to picture what might have been, if this had happened.

I'm glad Harrison Ford got the role instead.....

Comment

Talk about a bullet dodged
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Who knows, perhaps the movies would've been even better with Stallone involved...
        Mia: Don't you hate that?
        Vincent: Hate what?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
          Who knows, perhaps the movies would've been even better with Stallone involved...
          Harrison Ford's career probably wouldn't have gone anywhere... and we'll have missed out on dozens of his great movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
            Echoing this
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't think missing Star Wars would have affected the career of Ford. If he had missed out on Indiana Jones, then there would have been a problem because I think the Indy trilogy was what helped get him away from Star Wars.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I don't think missing Star Wars would have affected the career of Ford. If he had missed out on Indiana Jones, then there would have been a problem because I think the Indy trilogy was what helped get him away from Star Wars.
                They're both made by George Lucas.

And you're kidding yourself if you think him not being in Star Wars wouldn't have affected his career. He's the only actor in the film to successful move on from Star Wars.

These 3 movies helped get him noticed.

If they had passed up Harrison Ford on Star Wars, it's likely he might not have tried out for a part in that movie. Or they would have passed him up on that roll too.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                  Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  Phew is all i can say, Harrison Ford was an excellent choice, if Stallone was Han Solo he probably wouldve gotten the role of Indiana Jones aswell *shudders*
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    i don't know i wouldn't mind seeing rambo kicking some sith ass
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      "He was a scrappy underdog from Philly who got a shot at the heavyweight title. He was also a Vietnam vet out for justice. He was even a truck driver turned professional arm wrestler. But he missed his chance to be a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder.

In a recent question-and-answer session with the readers of Ain't-It-Cool-News, Sylvester Stallone opened up about the roles he has played in his career, plus a few that he didn't. Most notably, he revealed that he was actually considered for the role of Han Solo in the original "Star Wars."

Movie Talk

This is really interesting. It's cool to picture what might have been, if this had happened.
                      Thank God he didn't get the role. I like him better when he doesn't talk.
                      - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        Yeah the scene where Solo runs down the corridor in the screaming in the Death Star before running away again would have actually finished with Stallone Solo carrying an M-60 and mowing down the storm troopers.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Yeah the scene where Solo runs down the corridor in the screaming in the Death Star before running away again would have actually finished with Stallone Solo carrying an M-60 and mowing down the storm troopers.
                          And he would probably have been shirtless
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            Harrison Ford > Rambo.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              They're both made by George Lucas.

And you're kidding yourself if you think him not being in Star Wars wouldn't have affected his career. He's the only actor in the film to successful move on from Star Wars.

These 3 movies helped get him noticed.

If they had passed up Harrison Ford on Star Wars, it's likely he might not have tried out for a part in that movie. Or they would have passed him up on that roll too.
                              Being in Star Wars didn't exactly help anyone in their careers. Sure it's made people rich and famous, but the only thing Carrie Fisher did after Star Wars was drugs. Mark Hamill did a few small things here and there until he was able to do voice acting (best Joker ever) but the two of them are linked to Star Wars forever. Ford would be no different but for Indiana Jones, and as you said, they are both made by Lucas so he didn't need to be noticed for Lucas to cast him, Lucas already knew about him. That's why Ford was already working on Star Wars before people were cast, he was there reading lines with people who were auditioning. Even if he didn't get Star Wars, he still could have gotten Indy.

Even with Star Wars, if Tom Selleck had did Indy like planned, things could have been very different for Ford.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X