This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack-liteness warning (SPOILERS)

OK, Robert C. Cooper has told us what the "Jack situation" for Season 8 is: Heavy at the begining, light in the middle and heavy again at the end.

Which means, the first few episodes have to do with Jack (New Order, Zero Hour, Lockdown etc.) and he'll be around as usual. Then the episodes in the middle of the season will be more Jack-lite (Affinity, Icon etc.) and then towards the end there'll be more Jack again (Well... we don't know anything about the second half of the season )

This all boils down to one point I want to make. It is enevitably going to happen, example: Icon airs, Icon thread is started, within 4 posts someone says "This episode is stupid, there wasn't enough Jack in it!!! The "Boys in Bridge" suck, fire them..." or something along that

You know now where the Jack-liteness is. You know it is necessary for the show. DON'T COMPLAIN OR I'LL HUNT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

This has been a friendly warning from Teal'c, resident happy guy

I myself thought ALL of Season 8 would be Jack-lite. Nice to know his presence will at least be there at the beginning and at the end. I didn't expect much and as I do not expect much of Season 8, I promise, no complaining, etc.

Will I miss him......oh yes, but it is the last season, so what what did anyone expect?

Sorry, this is a downer.

Comment

S8 isn't gonna have enough Jack! It's gonna be stupid! The Boys at Bridge suck!

Comment

It's good to hear that we will be seeing Jack at the beginning and at the end. Hey, at least we are seeing him!
        __

__

Comment

If his absence is handled as well as it was in Lifeboat (Jack was "there" watching Janet and 'Daniel', and even though he was a passive participant in all scenes but one, that one was memorable) or Fall Out (Jack's role was small but very in-character, even pivotal), or FB (Jack was in it loads, it was just RDA who wasn't) then I think I'll be happy.

Especially if he gets to talk to Teal'c and Daniel sometimes.

Madeleine

Comment

I'm glad they're going to do it this way. no complaints from me.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Well.... if this is true ..then season 8 should be a good season...with lot's of action Jack in the storyline ....and with all the other members of the team

I can't wait for season 8 to start now

You rock Jack

Caty

Comment

At least when Jack is there it sounds like he's really going to be there. Season 7 had a few episodes where it felt like he had scenes designed to be filmed quickly and get him into the episode somehow. I'd much rather have him used effectively less often than having a little each week that doesn't add up to much more than having been there.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

You know now where the Jack-liteness is. You know it is necessary for the show. DON'T COMPLAIN OR I'LL HUNT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!
                  Can I still complain about Teal'c being pointless and never using him?
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                    Can I still complain about Teal'c being pointless and never using him?
                    No, because he now has hair

Comment

While I'm sure that hearing the same complaints over and over again can get tiresome there are people who LOVE the Jack character. LOVE not love. And they will be disapointed with his reduced schedule no matter how it's handled but I think that people should be allowed to complain all they want as long as it doesn't break the forum rules in any way. I know this forum is where I come when I need a good vent and if I see things that are getting repetitive to me I tend to just skim or skip and move on.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        I'm glad they're going to do it this way. no complaints from me.
                        I think this is much better than season 7's way of doing it. Trying to put him into every episode just made his appearances walk ons and sparse in so many. I'd rather he not be in a few and actually be in the ones he's in more and to a more meaningful extent, than just have him there in a blink and you'll miss him, just to say, "There's Waldo - I mean, Jack!"
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          I think this is much better than season 7's way of doing it. Trying to put him into every episode just made his appearances walk ons and sparse in so many. I'd rather he not be in a few and actually be in the ones he's in more and to a more meaningful extent, than just have him there in a blink and you'll miss him, just to say, "There's Waldo - I mean, Jack!"
                          I do agree, wholeheartedly!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            OK, Robert C. Cooper has told us what the "Jack situation" for Season 8 is: Heavy at the begining, light in the middle and heavy again at the end.

Which means, the first few episodes have to do with Jack (New Order, Zero Hour, Lockdown etc.) and he'll be around as usual. Then the episodes in the middle of the season will be more Jack-lite (Affinity, Icon etc.) and then towards the end there'll be more Jack again (Well... we don't know anything about the second half of the season )
                            Sounds pretty promising to me. Looking forward to season eight.
                            sigpic

Comment

as long as jack's gonna be there...and it's done A LOT better than season 7
                              My flickr photography.

Comment

Working...
                              X